Billabong Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Billabong

2.4

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Dalles, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Billabong (The Dalles, OR) in October 2010.

Interview

Seemed like they judged me before even talking to me or finding anything out about my skillset,when talking to current employees about payscale and lack of raises for 2 or 3 years my interest vanished

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in trouble with the law or had any violence problems   1 Answer
    • can you pass a drug test?   1 Answer

Low pay!!!!!

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Billabong.

Interview

Easy and fun. Great team, family like environment. The company culture is well suited for young, single people. A lot of upward mobility for young men in this industry. Easy and fun. Great team, family like environment. The company culture is well suited for young, single people. A lot of upward mobility for young men in this industry.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Billabong (Irvine, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I had two interviews, the second of which included speaking with the CFO. I also had to take an online skills test. The environment is very casual and the interview process was relatively painless.

Interview Questions

• The online skills test was the most difficult part of the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation and I was taking a significant pay cut. I really needed the job and I was aware that there was competition for the position, so I took it anyway.

Retail Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Billabong in December 2014.

Interview

The overall interview was amazing! The manager was very personable but professional. The interview questions were the standard approach but also peppered in a few about the kind of employee you might possibly be. It takes about a week for them to get back to you regarding the status of employment.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation with a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is based on experience. But they do have a sliding scale.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Billabong (Irvine, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Very casual, 2 stage interview process. No phone interview for this entry level postion. Met with manager the 1st round, and the VP the 2nd round. Typical interview questions: How do you handle stress? Tell me how your experience makes you qualified for this position? What are your strengths/weaknesses? No oddball questions or curveballs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three adjectives you would use to describe yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had another offer on the table and notified the hiring manager. The decision process was ultimately sped up because I was able to leverage my other pending offer.

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Billabong (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by an in person interview.I felt like the interview went very well and was told they would make a decision at the end of July. I inquired at the end of July and received no reply or response.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Billabong.

Interview

It was very casual,-not in an unprofessional way, but in a comfortable manner. I felt like I was really being listened to. I showed my portfolio of what I was capable of, even though it didn't really matter for interning. The Product Developer who interviewed me was extremely kind and was definitely a huge supporter of the company, which was a really good sign.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Billabong?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lutz, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Billabong (Lutz, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Didn't communicate with me at all. After I turned in my application, the manager told me to come back in a week. I did and had an interview with another associate that day. Told me they liked me for the job and my application would be passed on to the manager, and they would call me. I never got a call. Went in a week later and the manager said they would call me later in the week. Still never got a call. I moved on and applied at other stores.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Billabong (Miami, FL).

Interview

It was a job fair type thing, we sat in a group interview everyone got their turns to speak and stand out if they wanted to which is good because some places only listen to the first person that talked. Everyone got a call back that night that got the job and it was a quick process to get paperwork done and have everyone come in for paperwork and everything.

Interview Questions

• Why they want to work here, What do they see in the company, Do they want to move up at all,   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Billabong (Orlando, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

I had one interview, It was one of my easiest. They were looking for people who weren't afraid to talk and be open and sociable. They made me do a mock sale on post it notes and why would anybody want to buy them.

Interview Questions

• there wasn't any difficult questions, what was unexpected was the post it note sale.   Answer Question