Biola University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.8

Gate Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Biola University (La Mirada, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was nice. I was interviewed by an officer and an investigator but they did their best to be friendly and make me feel comfortable. They alternated in asking questions and were personable.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a fellow employee slacking on their duties?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biola University (La Mirada, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very friendly, open, and clear. I felt extremely welcome and the person interviewing me was very eager about the possibility of me joining the team. I was made aware of the duties of the job and the everyday functions that I would be asked to perform. During the process, I was able to sense whether this would be a good environment for me to work and I believed that it would be. Every first impression that I had was good and I was excited for the opportunity. I not only was told about the job and details of it, but also about how the position would benefit me in the present and the future and how my employer would come alongside me to advance my position not only at Biola but in other areas. It was a very positive experience and an excellent interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with Raiser's Edge?   1 Answer

Admission' S Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Biola University (La Mirada, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

First interview is a group interview where they ask each person (can be over 10 people) a questions and once that person has answered the question is opened up to 3-4 others. Its a way to see who stands out from the crowd and has the energy for that position.

Interview Questions

• How important is diversity to the university or an educational institution? How would you handle a non-believer who wanted to enroll? What type of role do you take in a team environment?   Answer Question

Student IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Biola University (La Mirada, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The hardest part is getting an interview. You likely need a connection of some sort to get a foot in the door, since there are many applicants and not much time to look at resumes. After getting an interview, you sit down with the IT Admin, IT Coordinator, and the head of IT. They ask you questions about your character, what you would do in a difficult situation, integrity, your IT experience, and anything on your resume they find interesting. As long as you know your resume and hold Christian values, you should be accepted if there is an opening for you.

Transfer Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Biola University.

Interview

I was invited to a group interview that consisted of about 12 people. We sat before a panel of about 8 people and were asked a number of questions pertaining to the job and certain scenarios. The whole thing lasted about 3 1/2 hours. At the end we completed a survey describing how we thought we did and were told they'd be calling people for second individual interviews after they deliberated.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a prospective student that was interested in Biola but was not a believer?   Answer Question

Web Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Biola University (La Mirada, CA).

Interview

I spoke with two people: the Director of University Communications and Marketing, and the Associate Director of Interactive Media. It's a small shop, so I worked closely with the latter person after I was hired. The questions from the Director of University Communications and Marketing were higher-level questions aimed in part at making sure I understood and was on-track with the mission of the team. They focus primarily on the outward-directed aspects of design (the public face of the University, working to attract prospective students, etc.) rather than the inward-focused aspects (e.g., assisting faculty with Blackboard issues). The second interviewer asked more technical questions about my background, my skill set, and my willingness to continue learning and developing as a web designer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to define "design."   1 Answer
    • I was asked to talk in more detail about my portfolio of previous projects.   Answer Question
    • I was asked to explain in more detail my level of skill (if any) in a variety of web-design-related technologies like HTML, CSS, javascript, Django, and python.   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Biola University (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a group interview process with about twenty or so applicants. We were all interviewed by a panel of about ten interviewers. I felt very nervous at the time! Looking back, I feel I could have done better and been less nervous, had I been told beforehand how the interview would be conducted.

Interview Questions

• How would you promote Biola to a new incoming student?   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor, French Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Biola University (La Mirada, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pleasant throughout, but it turned into a very long and drawn out process that involved three separate interviews. My first interview was with the head French professor and the division chairperson. My second interview was with the head of the Department of Modern Languages. My third interview was with the Executive Secretary to the Provost. Each stage was handled in a warm and welcoming way. When I completed the third interview, I asked the Executive Secretary if my having completed the interview with her and having filled out an employment packet meant that I was hired. She told me that I was not yet hired, but that she had asked me to complete the packet so that I would not have to return to do it if I were to be hired. This surprised me, and I asked who was going to make the final decision about hiring me. She said that it was the division chairperson who would decide. I was surprised, because I had anticipated that the interview process would be linear, but it was not. It took a bit longer than I had anticipated to find out that I was hired. Apparently this is how the interview process is handled on a regular basis. This was my first time to be hired by the first person to interview me but to have two more interviews without the presence of the first interviewer. I'm sure it works well enough, but it is not what I would design for an interview process.

Interview Questions

• The head French professor spoke to me in French and asked me to respond to his questions in French. This portion of my first interview lasted about 15 minutes. He asked me about my French studies and how I had used French since then.   1 Answer

IT Infrastructure Technician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Biola University (La Mirada, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Submit paper application to front desk
    Set up an interview time via email
    Talk to the boss, get a tour of the school and what the job entails, and watch a youtube video
    Accept if you are offered the position

Interview Questions

• Are you scared of small, dark spaces?   1 Answer

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Biola University in August 2013.

Interview

I found the position through Biola Classifieds. I sent in my resume by email and received a reply shortly after. It was during summer, and the person interviewing me was very flexible with the fact that I couldn't do an in-person interview (as I did not live locally). He conducted a phone interview, which was somewhat generic and then gave me a "homework" assignment to provide him with sample work for the position.

Interview Questions

• Posed a question regarding an upcoming event and asked how I would make it more popular   Answer Question