Bisk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bisk

2.6

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bisk (Tampa, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

The corporate recruiter called me directly after seeing my resume online. After talking with me and getting my salary expectations she told me that the salary wasn't as high as I wanted but she was sure they could meet me in the middle somewhere. I said OK and then she set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager called a few days later and asked me about my experience and if I ever worked with this or that. That went well I guess and the corporate recruiter called me to set up a face to face interview for the following week. I went down there and they gave me an online assessment test that was time limited to 1 hour and had about 50 questions. The test was really oriented for a MSSQL Server DBA and I don't think I did very well. Then after the test I met with the hiring manager and the lead DBA who I talked to for about an hour. They were pleasant enough.

Interview Questions

• The online assessment test was oriented for a MSSQL Server DBA rather than an SLQ Developer.   Answer Question

The pay was too low. They didn't attempt to meet me in the middle as the recruiter said they would. The pay was about 15k then than my last full time job.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bisk (Tampa, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is pretty standard. I met a hiring manager at a career fair, submitted a resume, and was contacted in about two weeks. The first interview was with the manager I met at the career fair. This focused on experience, skills, and how I'd fit within the corporate culture. Just after getting home I was contacted by the HR rep for a second round interview. This interview was one on one with a higher level manager. This interview was difficult as it focused more on thought process and how I handled strange questions rather than on specific skills or experience.

Interview Questions

• What question have I not asked you yet during this interview?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bisk (Tampa, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Great interview process overall. Two managers interviewed me and were very friendly the entire time. No questions that made me feel uncomfortable or felt "grilling". After words they took me on a studio tour of the entire facilities. Very impressive set up (coming from a video production background). The managers were then very prompt at getting back to me with the job offer. They were also very clear on pay rate, length of contract, and potential for advancement.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bisk (Tampa, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a job fair we connected. She called me the next day to let me know about positions that were open. I applied to 3 of them she reached out to different teams and found out which one still had a opening. I add another phone interview with recruiter then i had a phone interview with director. I am came in for a group interview and I was hired.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bisk.

Interview

I participated in a phone interview -- The human resources person was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. He shared that each recruiter had 5 basic questions to ask. ANy other information gathered would be helpful.

Interview Questions

• How would you allocate resources for a marketing department?   Answer Question

Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bisk (Tampa, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone interview and 1:1 with Media Director and VP of Media

Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bisk (Tampa, FL) in July 2011.

Interview

First contact is with an HR representative to schedule a phone screen with the hiring manager, if your application is selected for contact. If you pass the phone screen, there are a series of on-site interviews with Senior-level team-members, the hiring manager, the division VP, potentially the CMO, and HR. Interviews may be done panel style, or may be individual over the course of several hours. It is possible that interviews take place over several days if the executives are unavailable. Post on-site interview, an follow up phone call and offer letter are extended, over which negotiation may occur. Once offer letter is signed, the background and credit checks are completed and start date is set. First day is half orientation, half work-day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick and easy. I made a counter offer, they countered the same day, and accepted the counter and signed the offer letter within a 24 hour period.

Senior Reporting Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bisk (Tampa, FL) in December 2008.

Interview

I was shuffled around to speak to (seemingly) everyone who works for Bisk. I was consistently told about how respectful and professional their environment was by every executive that I spoke to.

Two of the interviewers were late, leaving me sitting in a conference room for 30+ minutes. Great.

Also, on the way out of the building, heard A LOT of profanity from some groups, and a lot of religious talk from others in passing.

It seems that management hasn't found ways to handle "inappropriate work talk" in their offices.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any idea how the economy has affected Bisk?   Answer Question
    • What are the major differences b/w Crystal Reports and SQL Reporting Services?   Answer Question

They pulled a bait and switch on salary and benefits at the last minute. Not cool.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bisk (Tampa, FL) in July 2011.

Interview

Typical interview process depends on whether you are hired from internally or externally. Internally requires "body of work" - sales numbers, your own metrics, success within your group, etc. You will have of course gone through initial hiring interview, including background questions, why you would want this role, etc.

External interviews are more thorough, including any familiarity with the products, website, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the ideal person for this management role?   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bisk (Tampa, FL).

Interview

it was brief and scary but i really didnt need to be scared. everyone was nice. they asked for a porfolio. asked about my previous job duties. it wasnt that bad.