BlaBlaCar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlaBlaCar Interview Questions

Interviews at BlaBlaCar

3.2

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlaBlaCar in July 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received an invitation to take an analytical test. Some of the questions could be interpreted many different ways, but most of them were straightforward. Make sure to brush up on agile project management concepts (scrum), mobile platforms and coding languages.
    Once I passed the test, I was invited to submit a video of myself answering a few basic questions. I'm assuming this is a way to quickly see if the candidate has the required English skills and would be a good fit. While the platform they provide is really easy to use, this is not candidate friendly because you are not given the opportunity to ask questions and learn more about the company, the position and how everything is structured.
    I was then invited to do a Skype interview with one of their recruiters (they are flexible with remote interviews) that lasted about an hour. She was very nice and was looking to learn more about my background - no behavioral questions were asked at that point. I was given a chance to ask questions at the end of the interview. From her answers, the company seems to be growing fast. It definitely offers interesting opportunities and great culture, but it also seems to have a few growing pains like team structure and processes around feedback and performance evaluations.
    I was told I would hear back from the recruiter a few days after the interview, but didn't hear anything for a week at which point I followed up. I was then told I'd hear back in another week, which didn't happen. At that point, other interesting opportunities had come up and I wasn't able to keep waiting any longer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Which experiences would help you in the role you are applying for? Why you? Why BlaBlaCar? Do you have any ridesharing experience? How would you improve our site? If you were to launch a product, how would you go about it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlaBlaCar.

Interview

- Code test (algorithms, computer science) on codility
    - Call interview with HR manager : presentation of the company, generic questions both in french and english.
    - Code test (technology used by the company)
    - Interview with the tech team (didn't attend this one)

Interview Questions

• Have you already used Blablacar ?
      How will you improve the service?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlaBlaCar (Paris (France)) in December 2016.

Interview

Sent my resume, and did a technical test and all the interviewed in two days and got the offer after only one day, Overall i did 3 interviews with two managers and 3 team members and with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe the architecture of an android application if you were to do it from scratch   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlaBlaCar in November 2016.

Interview

I got contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter interested in my profile, indicating internship positions would soon be posted on their recruitment website. I applied a few weeks later, and got an e-mail back.
    The first interview was an interview with the recruiter that contacted me, asking me about my background, how I knew the company, my past experience... They were especially interested in my experience with Symfony2, given that it was, according to them, what their codebase was mainly built with at that time. The interview began in French given that it was the native language for both of us, but we switched to English in the middle of the interview. The rest of the interview process exchanges were in English.
    The next step was a coding test, that involved making a basic Symfony2 webapp interacting with the Blablacar API. I had 3 hours to complete this task. A few days later, I got an e-mail indicating I didn't get the job. The step after that would have been an on-site technical interview with a member of the development team. They were flexible with the location and offered to do it on Skype, since I was overseas at that time.

Interview Questions

• What is the project you've worked on that you're the most proud of?   Answer Question
    • What's your experience with building apps with Symfony2?   Answer Question

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BlaBlaCar.

Interview

Probably one of the most unprofessional interview processes I've ever experienced. It took 5 (yes five) Skype calls, design challenge that took me over a week to prepare for presentation. After all of that they've said they are going with someone else, just before last stage - that suppose to be face to face interview in their HQ in Paris. No feedback whatsover, I've wasted a lot of my time and had to really stretch my free time (and even holidays) as BlaBlaCar only insistited for a Skype in the middle of a day. I've got interviewed by less experienced designers, that couldn't really valuate my skills and they weren't very experienced in conducting an interview

I guess they don't know others are also working, and asking for six skype calls that took in total 5 hours while in the middle of a day is a lot to ask for if you can't even give a constructive feedback.

I'm actually quite happy that I wasn't selected in the final stage. I would totally regret working there now.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging project that you've worked on?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlaBlaCar in March 2017.

Interview

The first interview lasted one hour and was about my experience, achievements and goals. Then they said there would be more interviews and the following day I would have a test to complete by email as I passed successfully the first interview. However, nobody ever would call me or reply my several emails asking for more information as the test was never sent. Completely unprofessional. I find it truly unfair and rude not ever replying to a candidate, specially when you have pointed out that the first step was good and there would be for sure another one (a test) the following day. I asked for time off work that day, I prepared the interview, I spent my time on it and then nobody would ever reply to me again.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I interviewed at BlaBlaCar (Madrid (Spain)) in March 2017.

Interview

I receive an email through linkedin. I had a first interview with the HR girl who was very kind and asked me some typical questions about my profile, my current position and why I liked Blablacar. Then they asked me some question about how would I act in specific situation while working with them and the ideas I would propose to possible partners for Blablacar.
    Second part of the inteview was an analitycal test where you have to use a calculator and make some calculations. I struggle this part since I wasn't expecting the test to be like that so I didn't pass to the next round.

Interview Questions

• If you would have to collaborate with a partner to improve brand awareness, who this would be and why?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlaBlaCar (Prague (Czech Republic)) in February 2016.

Interview

The hiring process took several steps from having an initial Skype interview, through math test, interview with a country manager and preparing and presenting a case study. Everyone I spoke with during the interview was very nice and they made me feel I really want to work for this company. And I was happy to be accepted.

Head of Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlaBlaCar (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

A Skype interview with Paris: 1hr.
    Face to face in London: 1hr 45
    Face to face in London: 1hr 30
    Team meeting in London: 1hr 30

After all this you'd kind of think you're in, and I was getting quite excited, only to be emailed a week later saying I wasn't suitable for the role.

They couldn't figure out that I wasn't what they were looking for without putting me through all that? Seriously? You've got to question the competency of the recruiting managers.

To add a cherry to the top, I was contacted afterwards independently by the second interviewer, to say there was a role she had in mind for me, and to hold tight while she sorted out a job description. I heard nothing after that despite many follow ups.

Complete lack of professionalism all round - total lack of transparency and a failure to appreciate that their actions affect people's emotional state, when they're built up so much to be let down.

Interview Questions

• What channels do you think would be most effective when promoting the service to drivers?   Answer Question

Senior Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlaBlaCar.

Interview

First recruiters, then via telephone with short test. Then test with around 11 questions, then invitation to the office with a task to do a presentation. Role play with client approach.

Interview Questions

• * Why would you like to join BlaBlaCar?
      * Which partnerships would you start building? (Who? Why? How?). Please take into account the following: - possible channels (desktop/mobile/offline) - target group - possible remuneration model Please justify your choice.   Answer Question