Blast Radius Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blast Radius Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.7

Interaction Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blast Radius.

Interview

Was referred by a current employee. I was brought in for an interview shortly after and was offered a job a few weeks later. It's a pretty straight forward and quick interview process if you are the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions about your work and the process/thought behind it.   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blast Radius (Seattle, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

Thorough complete and to the point. The interviewer asked probing case-based questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your digial media experience   1 Answer
    • Asked about customer-facing interaction   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist (I Year Contract) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blast Radius (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone screen with the lead recruiter where we talked about my previous experiences as well as get a better understanding of the company and what they are trying to achieve. From there on, was invited to do a Skype interview the HR Director (located in Vancouver) for a more comprehensive interview where we dug deeper on experiences, skills as well as the HR department at Blast and some the challenges faced. Final 1:1 face to face interview was with the VP of HR @ the Toronto office where we took a more top level approach as to how HR fit in the overall business design.

Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blast Radius in May 2014.

Interview

I saw the posting on a college website, and went back-and-forth with an HR manager. I got called in for an interview in a few week after that. Everything was smooth, and they called me in even after I cancelled the initial invite.

Interview Questions

• Describe projects in my portfolio and asked specific questions about them.   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blast Radius (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

3 rounds. First one was over the phone with the recruiter. Second one was with my prospective boss who assessed my PM technical skills. Third one to assess fit with account team and strategy.

Very laid back process overall. Got the impression they put a lot of effort into finding the right fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty fast. Took place over one conversation. Overall got exactly what i wanted and did not have to sacrifice much.

Interaction Architect Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blast Radius in August 2011.

Interview

I was happily working at another company. Blast contacted me out of the blue and said they had an exciting opening in my field.

I was intrigued, so I went into their office, and I was interviewed by three people. Apparently they liked what they saw because an offer came immediately afterwards. Unfortunately, their offer involved me taking a serious salary cut, less holiday time and longer work hours.

I counter-offered with terms I thought were fairer. I also brought up the fact that some of their reviews on sites such as Glassdoor were not favourable, and could they explain why so many were complaining about the poor leadership and high turnover at Blast? What was their reply? Their offer was promptly and rudely rescinded!

Interview Questions

• I don't recall being asked any specific questions, I recall having an engaging conversation about the challenges and opportunities we face in UX.   Answer Question

Wouldn't you decline a salary cut, less holiday time and longer work hours?

Technical Experience Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blast Radius (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2011.

Interview

Good interview - asked valuable questions to review both my fit to the culture and abilities. Got a good sense of the role even though it was a fairly new one, good follow up from head office leads. The problem was that no one the Toronto office either wanted to listen to head office or even understood what the role was about. They couldn't care less as long as they had a warm body in a chair.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blast Radius (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in December 2009.

Interview

Very rushed hiring process orchestrated by an external recruiter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate very little.

Interface Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blast Radius (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2009.

Interview

Senior Interface Developer and Technical Experience Director interviewed me with questions about my experience, what I've done on projects, as well as, any open source contributions. They were very personable, professional, and absolutely wonderful to talk to. They pretty much got me hooked into making Blast Radius my new home.

There weren't too many technical questions, just very basic things like explaining box model, event delegation, performance tuning, software tooling, debugging web applications, as well as, mobile web application development.

Interview Questions

• How would you leverage HTML5 Local Storage?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as my previous salary was half of what Blast Radius offered me. I would suggest counter-offering and then providing them with an explanation of your experience with a focus on software estimation, relationship building, risk assessment, technical architecture, as well as, leadership capabilities.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blast Radius (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2008.

Interview

It went very smoothly. Blast Radius worked very promptly moving from one step of the recruitment process to another, while keeping me informed of what is going on.

Interview Questions

• What do they mean by the internet is "Stateless"   Answer Question
    • What do you think of theming engines VS pure CSS and HTML? Good or bad?   Answer Question