Blockstream Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2 of over 2 interviews

4.0
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blockstream

Blockstream

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blockstream in May 2021

Interview

The HR Manager that I had an initial interview with was amazing, super friendly, and very welcoming. She really seemed to understand my skills and experience and was lovely to talk to. Unfortunately, the next interview I had was probably the worst I've ever experienced. I interviewed with a manager who was unfriendly, didn't know how to interview properly, wouldn't turn their camera on, and was actually looking for someone with different skills than what was listed on the job description. Basically there was a major disconnect between HR and the Engineering team which is not great. They were looking to backfill the position I was applying for so it really seemed like someone left their company abruptly. I am not struggling to see why.

Interview Questions
  • Take me through your portfolio. What do you know about Bitcoin? Those were the only two real questions, otherwise, it was the interviewer listing off about 5 tools/frameworks that a candidate had to be an expert with already. Not sure they'll find a developer that fluent in those technologies for a more entry-level position....
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Blockstream

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Blockstream in Jun 2016

Interview

A past colleague of mine referred me for a software engineering role. Everyone I interviewed with was very smart and clearly outlined how things work internally, the structure of teams, projects they are working on, etc. The recruiting manager was attentive and seemed to do her best to push the process forward and make sure I was being taken care of. Some people were a bit rough around the edges, but I was excited to learn more and ultimately get an offer that I accepted. The process from start to finish was: - Phone screen with recruiting manager - Phone interview with hiring manager - Onsite interview part 1 in Mountain View - Onsite interview part 2 in SF - Offer

Be the first to find this interview helpful