Blount International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 8, 2018

2.9

Mid-Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blount International (Portland, OR) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview was very informative. They took time to explain the process and the work, everyone was very friendly. They spent time learning my abilities but also ensuring I understood the companies culture.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blount International (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Face-to-face interview with founder. Relaxed conversation. This was an initial screen to gauge appropriateness for the role. This is a relatively small agency doing strong work for a key client. Each hire is very strategic. They seem to have a good culture and a very strong relationship with this client. They are expanding their offices.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukie, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blount International (Milwaukie, OR) in May 2011.

Interview

Get a phone interview with the HR and follow by a phone (panel) interview with the hiring managers. The first interview consist an online personality test and the phone conversations took about 1.5 hours to complete with the same HR person.
    Then, it followed by a phone interview with the hiring managers. Second phone interview is cutting short and seems to be in a rush and the atmosphere is somewhat formal.

Interview Questions

• What is the reason for you to apply for this job and what makes you feel you are the good candidate for this job   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blount International (Portland, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

First I did the online application this process is easy and straight forward. You have to wait for an email for them to contact you and then set up a an appointment. After you get to the manufacturing plant they ask you to do an interview with one of their HR. people and then you are asked to do a drug screen and later on math test. After you get hired on then you get to meet the other co-workers and start your day training where you will be asked to work or shadow another employee for the day and you will learn to run the machines which consist of assembly and grind.

Interview Questions

• What can you offer to this position? What can you expect in 5 years? Can you follow procedures?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation went well and I was given a salary I could work with.

Help Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blount International (Portland, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied on their website, and was called back the next day. I went through a phone interview and then an in person interview. The entire process was very professional, and the people were all very professional. The questions were pretty standard. The most challenging part of the process was describing how to handle a specific customer service scenario in 200 words or less.

Interview Questions

• If my current employer made a counter offer, would I consider taking it?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blount International (Portland, OR) in February 2012.

Interview

Great Interview, good people... I had 4 people interviewing me in Portland.
    I received an offer on the same day at the end of the process.
    I declined for financial reasons.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blount International (Portland, OR).

Interview

It was a standard process with a phone screening and on-site interview. They were very nice and clear about next steps through the process. I was kept informed. I was given a plant tour and told about expectations.

Utility Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blount International (Kansas City, MO) in June 2010.

Interview

After filling out an online application and uploading my resume, I was contacted a week later to schedual a phone interview with HR. After speaking with them, a phone interview was schedualed afew days later. That day came and went, and I was never called to begin the interview. I called them to find out what happened (only could get their voicemail), and I drove to the location. No one at the location knew who I was nor did they know anything about an interview.

I could have given up then, but I kept calling HR over and over and finally she called me back and schedualed (for the second time) another phone interveiw. That interview happened. It was mostly questions regarding my experience in the great world of manufacturing, as well as what I have done in the past for work. She sounded rushed and spoke in monotone. The interview went well. I was told there would be a written test I would have to come in to take (reading, math, personality and mechanical applitude) which I later did also. It went well for the most part. The final interview was at the location with the Production Manager who would be my suporvisor if I got the job.

This final interview was the most difficult I have ever been to. The way I was greeted and talked to made me feel very unwelcome. There were more indepth questions regarding my experience with the different machines I have ran (much like the initial phone interview), in depth questions about my experiences at my last job, as well as questions about my self. Nothing too personal, but they did force me to think. He was a very humorless man, and seemed to have a very cold personality. HR previously told me I would be getting a tour of the plant, and he never gave me the tour. He missed nothing, and asked me to elaborate more on nearly every one of my answers. He wanted to know alot about the machine I ran at my last job, how much product I made each shift, and how much I was expected to make. I believe I answered all his questions well.

Afew days later, I received a post card in the mail saying I would not be offered a position. I already was having a strange feeling that the production manager and I might not have much success together with our suporvisor/employee relationship, and the way HR acted made me wonder if everyone at this plant was forbidden to smile or show emotion.

To someone interviewing in the factory area of Blount Manufacturing in Kansas City, MO I would suggest you come with experience and be prepared to talk about it. The pay here is not super great. Experience is probably everything.

Interview Questions

• Describe a process you suggested be changed or improved at your last job. How did it work out? Was this just your idea or someone else's? Who brought the idea to managment?   1 Answer
    • Describe the top three duties you did at your last manufacturing job.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you were required to meet a quota.   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Blount International (Portland, OR) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with at least 4 people. Typical questions asked. Each person had similar questions. This was after doing a phone interview with HR and taking a personality test. It was a long process and I don't know why. The people were all down to earth and very nice. It seemed like a good job and nice manager.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blount International (Portland, OR) in May 2011.

Interview

HR phone screen which was pretty standard - basic questions going through my resume. Approximately 30 minutes. Then a face-to-face with hiring manager. Met on-site for an hour and a half and just chatted in the office. Very casual setting. After getting green light from hiring manager, met dept. head for final approval.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you led a project and the challenges you faced   Answer Question