Blount International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blount International Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2017

Die Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blount International (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

Great interview. Asked good questions. Not like where do you see yourself in 5 years. More like what makes you a good candidate for the job. Took notes on everything I said.

Temporary Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blount International (Portland, OR).

Interview

Easy mostly worked with a temp agency. I talked with them filled out a bunch of paperwork. And within that same day I got a call saying when I would start and what shift I had received.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blount International (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Face-to-face interview with founder. Relaxed conversation. This was an initial screen to gauge appropriateness for the role. This is a relatively small agency doing strong work for a key client. Each hire is very strategic. They seem to have a good culture and a very strong relationship with this client. They are expanding their offices.

Help Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blount International (Portland, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied on their website, and was called back the next day. I went through a phone interview and then an in person interview. The entire process was very professional, and the people were all very professional. The questions were pretty standard. The most challenging part of the process was describing how to handle a specific customer service scenario in 200 words or less.

Interview Questions

• If my current employer made a counter offer, would I consider taking it?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Blount International (Portland, OR) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with at least 4 people. Typical questions asked. Each person had similar questions. This was after doing a phone interview with HR and taking a personality test. It was a long process and I don't know why. The people were all down to earth and very nice. It seemed like a good job and nice manager.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blount International (Portland, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

First I did the online application this process is easy and straight forward. You have to wait for an email for them to contact you and then set up a an appointment. After you get to the manufacturing plant they ask you to do an interview with one of their HR. people and then you are asked to do a drug screen and later on math test. After you get hired on then you get to meet the other co-workers and start your day training where you will be asked to work or shadow another employee for the day and you will learn to run the machines which consist of assembly and grind.

Interview Questions

• What can you offer to this position? What can you expect in 5 years? Can you follow procedures?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation went well and I was given a salary I could work with.

Mid-Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blount International (Portland, OR) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview was very informative. They took time to explain the process and the work, everyone was very friendly. They spent time learning my abilities but also ensuring I understood the companies culture.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blount International (Portland, OR) in February 2012.

Interview

Great Interview, good people... I had 4 people interviewing me in Portland.
    I received an offer on the same day at the end of the process.
    I declined for financial reasons.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukie, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blount International (Milwaukie, OR) in May 2011.

Interview

Get a phone interview with the HR and follow by a phone (panel) interview with the hiring managers. The first interview consist an online personality test and the phone conversations took about 1.5 hours to complete with the same HR person.
    Then, it followed by a phone interview with the hiring managers. Second phone interview is cutting short and seems to be in a rush and the atmosphere is somewhat formal.

Interview Questions

• What is the reason for you to apply for this job and what makes you feel you are the good candidate for this job   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blount International (Portland, OR) in May 2011.

Interview

HR phone screen which was pretty standard - basic questions going through my resume. Approximately 30 minutes. Then a face-to-face with hiring manager. Met on-site for an hour and a half and just chatted in the office. Very casual setting. After getting green light from hiring manager, met dept. head for final approval.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you led a project and the challenges you faced   Answer Question