Blue Sky Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Sky Studios Interview Questions

Interviews at Blue Sky Studios

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Sky Studios.

Interview

I had an initial portfolio review when they visited my college campus before applying online. After 1 week I was told I had been selected for review, and after another 2 weeks a phone interview was set up with 3 artists from the department I would be interning with. They were all very friendly and asked department-specific questions about my own work, as well as general problem-solving capabilities. I was contacted the day after this interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What aspects of (software name) are you the least familiar with?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Sky Studios (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied mid-February and received an email notifying me that I had made it to the final review in mid-March. I received another email in mid-April to arrange a video conference using Zoom. It was very interesting, the people who I interviewed with seemed outwardly friendly, but something about them rubbed me the wrong way. They asked simple questions based off my resume which they had in front of them.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in "X" job that you think would be useful in the future?   1 Answer

Interview

just awful, most unprofessional for the animation industry

Interview Questions

• everything you are told at your interview is a potential lie.   Answer Question

R&D Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Sky Studios in November 2017.

Interview

The recruiter scheduled a R&D intern interview even I applied to the production engineer intern. 2 rounds phone interviews in total. The first one we talked about some projects I did listed in my resume. The second one we focused on one specific project and asked some questions about technical details.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Sky Studios (Greenwich, CT) in July 2017.

Interview

Got a call within a few days, had a phone interview, very easy conversation, felt like a good interview, said I would get more info soon then never contacted me. I contacted them and they said they filled the position

Production Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Sky Studios in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from HR about scheduling a phone interview about a week later. A few days after the phone interview I got an email about an in person interview. Communication with HR was slow but I ended up meeting with 5 different departments during a 3 hour interview. They took me on a tour and everyone was nice. They seemed interested. I sent a follow up email after each interview and waited for them to give me a definitive answer. They said they would get back to me after 3 business days but I never heard. I emailed them and they said they were going with other candidates.

I read reviews on here saying that people were ghosted after their interview. Sadly that was my experience. My advice is to apply, but don’t hold your breath for a response. Overall it was a frustrating experience and I’m disappointed that they didn’t have the decency to reach out and follow up.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue Sky Studios (Greenwich, CT) in July 2016.

Interview

First interview is over the phone. The interview lasted about thirty minutes with basic interview questions asked. The interviewer was very nice and just wanted to know about my previous work experience as well as some questions about myself and my personality. Some questions were easy to answer, others were more open ended and required me to think about how to answer

Interview Questions

• What were some of the tasks that you had to do in previous jobs?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Sky Studios.

Interview

I was sought out on LinkedIn by the Recruiter for Blue Sky Studios and I went in for an interview for the executive assistant position. My interview included the recruiter that had sought me out, as well as a senior recruiter as well. They were both very nice and the interview lasted about 30 minutes. they asked me pretty basic questions like, why do you want to work here, what do you do at your current job, etc. After the whole thing ended and I went home, a couple of days later the recruiter emailed me back and said they went with someone else but wanted to keep my name for future positions and even suggested a position that she said might be a great fit for me. I loved that the recruited followed up with me and didn't just leave me out to dry without an answer or anything.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything difficult or unexpected about this interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Sky Studios (Greenwich, CT) in January 2013.

Interview

Answered an ad on a job board. HR emailed me for an interview. Went for an interview and was contacted 2 months later to say the job was filled.

Interview Questions

• There were none. I am a little older than they expected and as a result my interview was, shall we say, a bit shorter and less enthusiastic   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Sky Studios (Greenwich, CT) in February 2018.

Interview

HR contacted me and gave me an over-the-phone interview. After that, I was asked to come for an in-person interview. After the in-person interview, I was assured I would be contact when a decision was made, but HR never reached out.