BlueLinx Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2019

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at BlueLinx

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlueLinx

Found 17 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Marietta, GA) in Sep 2019

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn. After that I received an email from HR requesting additional information: "Have I ever applied before, how soon can I start, why BlueLinx, salary expectations, etc". Within a week I received a phone call from a recruiter asking if I had a moment to answer a few questions. This was a little inconvenient as I was driving, but I didn't want to miss out on the opportunity, so I pulled over. The following week I was invited in the office to take the Wonderlic Assessment and interview one on one with the hiring manager. The assessment was stressful but the interview was very laid back with straight forward questions about my background & experience. We also discussed the company and the expectations of the role. The following week I interviewed with 4 additional department managers and the CFO. Two were one on one and the last one was a shared interview. Again very laid back, so much so I found it hard to read the room and get a feel for how I was doing. Almost 4 weeks later I got an email informing me that after reviewing my qualification, they decided to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through your resume
    Answer Question
  • What do you know about the company?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, MA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Bellingham, MA) in Jun 2019

Interview

Phone Screen, On site panel interview, short wonderlic and long personality test on line, second on site interview with full proctored Wonderlic. After all that and multiple phone calls and e-mails with the hiring manager, to set up the additional steps (after the phone screen) I was ghosted. No response to additional e-mails or phone calls to follow up, no notification that I was not selected. Very unprofessional organization.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Fort Worth, TX) in Jul 2017

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and within a week was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. The phone interview went well and I was scheduled for an in person interview with the manager of the department. The interview was very laid back and lasted about 1 hour. During the interview I was told they would make a decision in about 2 weeks, but the whole process ended up taking about a month. The hiring manager did keep me updated during the process.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why are you leaving your current job? What do you know about Bluelinx? Tell me about yourself. Tell me about what you currently do.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Atlanta, GA) in Dec 2016

Interview

Unprofessional at first. The recruiter could not keep up with times and appointments nor did they understand the business of BlueLinx. The in-house interview was better but one individual I spoke with did not seem to believe BlueLinx would be around in the next 10 years due to loss of market share and increasing debt load.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Atlanta, GA) in Jul 2016

Interview

Applied online 20+ days later I got an email to set up an interview Interviewed with immediate supervisor and head of department Very informal comfortable interview Less than an hour later I got a call back with an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BlueLinx (United States) in Jan 2016

Interview

Two face to face interviews and an online assessment test. All green lights. Weeks drag on, then the offer was not given due to an internal fulfillment. Sorry! Shows the inexperience of the hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Chicago, IL) in May 2015

Interview

Basic interview; no surprises. HR interview portion was almost worthless. Probably the best thing about this process was just spending a few minutes discussing sales close strategy with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • What was my biggest sales lost opportunity?
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015

Interview

The interview process was drawn out way too long. There were too many people that were involved in the interview process. It was way too much uncertainty with the Human Resources assistant and manager

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Atlanta, GA)

Interview

Two phone interviews and one in person. Hiring manager did both phone interviews and in person interview was himself, three would be coworkers and the CIO. No clue why the CIO was even there as his questions were ridiculous and really not relevant to the position.

Interview Questions
    • Whether I thought I was the best person for the position?
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Pittsburgh, PA) in Sep 2014

Interview

Applied online and heard back a month later from the current General Manager that he was interested in meeting me for an interview. I met him in the lobby of his hotel and talked for 15-20 minutes. I walked out with an offer in hand.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had any experience with sales tracking/order entry software?
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 17