BlueLinx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.5

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Unprofessional at first. The recruiter could not keep up with times and appointments nor did they understand the business of BlueLinx. The in-house interview was better but one individual I spoke with did not seem to believe BlueLinx would be around in the next 10 years due to loss of market share and increasing debt load.

Interview Questions

• Standard tired questions...ex. Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Customer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online
    20+ days later I got an email to set up an interview
    Interviewed with immediate supervisor and head of department
    Very informal comfortable interview
    Less than an hour later I got a call back with an offer

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at BlueLinx in January 2016.

Interview

Two face to face interviews and an online assessment test. All green lights. Weeks drag on, then the offer was not given due to an internal fulfillment. Sorry!
    Shows the inexperience of the hiring manager.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Basic interview; no surprises. HR interview portion was almost worthless. Probably the best thing about this process was just spending a few minutes discussing sales close strategy with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What was my biggest sales lost opportunity?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Two phone interviews and one in person. Hiring manager did both phone interviews and in person interview was himself, three would be coworkers and the CIO. No clue why the CIO was even there as his questions were ridiculous and really not relevant to the position.

Interview Questions

• Whether I thought I was the best person for the position?   3 Answers

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation, I was offered more than I expected.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Marietta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

I met first with the Sales Training Manager, then a 3-panel interview of different teams Sales Managers, then the Sales Manager for the team I accepted the job with. Overall it was an easier than average interview process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Database Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlueLinx in July 2013.

Interview

Excessive nonsense about my contract work history and then they got seriously annoyed when I indicated using the interview to check them out rather than being deeply in love with them. Got the feeling they were doing me a favor by talking to me. When they got the feeling I was not a young puppy eager to do whatever they asked they quickly told me they would not be making an offer. Given the reviews I've seen of them here I am vastly relieved.

Interview Questions

• Why had I been working as a contractor.   2 Answers

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlueLinx in January 2013.

Interview

Overall good experience. Very lengthy though, interviewed with about 7-8 people. HR was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. Interview difficulty was average was more of a conversation rather than someone sitting there firing questions at you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to overcome an obstacle.   Answer Question

IT Postion At Atlanta Headquarters Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

This was a long interview process. 7 hours over several weeks and at least 10 different employees. Still have not heard from them either way. I would say that this company is a big time waster. Staff seemed very aggressive in the interview questioning (unnecessarily) and unskilled in interviewing. Several admitted to not reading my resume prior to meeting with me. No meeting with HR either... Seemed juvenile in the questioning as if they were doing me a favor rather than meeting on common ground.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle aggression?   1 Answer

Buyer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Englewood, CO) in May 2011.

Interview

My brother in law who is a software programmer for the lumber department got me an interview with the VP of metals at the time. 1 phone interview then 1 face to face then gave me the offer and waited 2 weeks to start the job from initial contact.

Work culture was laid back, office people super laid back and not very bright (just there for the paycheck for most departments and most individuals).

Advice... Don't work here if you get a similar or even a lower compensation offer elsewhere. Only come here as a last resort for a job...

Interview Questions

• What achievements have you had in the past as far as the required position you are applying for goes?   Answer Question
    • What are your career goals in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate