BlueLinx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BlueLinx

2.5

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Unprofessional at first. The recruiter could not keep up with times and appointments nor did they understand the business of BlueLinx. The in-house interview was better but one individual I spoke with did not seem to believe BlueLinx would be around in the next 10 years due to loss of market share and increasing debt load.

Inside Sales Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and within a week was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. The phone interview went well and I was scheduled for an in person interview with the manager of the department. The interview was very laid back and lasted about 1 hour. During the interview I was told they would make a decision in about 2 weeks, but the whole process ended up taking about a month. The hiring manager did keep me updated during the process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why are you leaving your current job?
      What do you know about Bluelinx?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about what you currently do.   Answer Question

Buyer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Englewood, CO) in May 2011.

Interview

My brother in law who is a software programmer for the lumber department got me an interview with the VP of metals at the time. 1 phone interview then 1 face to face then gave me the offer and waited 2 weeks to start the job from initial contact.

Work culture was laid back, office people super laid back and not very bright (just there for the paycheck for most departments and most individuals).

Advice... Don't work here if you get a similar or even a lower compensation offer elsewhere. Only come here as a last resort for a job...

Interview Questions

• What achievements have you had in the past as far as the required position you are applying for goes?   Answer Question
    • What are your career goals in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Two phone interviews and one in person. Hiring manager did both phone interviews and in person interview was himself, three would be coworkers and the CIO. No clue why the CIO was even there as his questions were ridiculous and really not relevant to the position.

Interview Questions

• Whether I thought I was the best person for the position?   3 Answers

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation, I was offered more than I expected.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Basic interview; no surprises. HR interview portion was almost worthless. Probably the best thing about this process was just spending a few minutes discussing sales close strategy with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What was my biggest sales lost opportunity?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and heard back a month later from the current General Manager that he was interested in meeting me for an interview. I met him in the lobby of his hotel and talked for 15-20 minutes. I walked out with an offer in hand.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience with sales tracking/order entry software?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Atlanta, GA) in March 2009.

Interview

You will be contacted by a member of HR (Lovelace). Then an interview will be scheduled with the hiring manager. Drug test = mouth swab

Customer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online
    20+ days later I got an email to set up an interview
    Interviewed with immediate supervisor and head of department
    Very informal comfortable interview
    Less than an hour later I got a call back with an offer

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlueLinx in January 2013.

Interview

Overall good experience. Very lengthy though, interviewed with about 7-8 people. HR was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. Interview difficulty was average was more of a conversation rather than someone sitting there firing questions at you.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlueLinx (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was drawn out way too long. There were too many people that were involved in the interview process. It was way too much uncertainty with the Human Resources assistant and manager