Boar's Head Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

3.2

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boar's Head (Sarasota, FL).

Interview

Starts with a Phone interview. If you meet the requirements then they setup a meeting with the HR people followed by a meeting with the department manager. If that goes well you will meet with the department leads in a Group interview. Finally I met with the IT Manager,

Interview Questions

• What engineering experience do you have, How do you do such and such.   Answer Question

Retail Performance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boar's Head.

Interview

I applied for the Retail Performance Specialist in Brooklyn, NY. They called me a day after I applied for a phone screen. Passed that and advanced to an interview with two recruiters in a phone call. The recruiters were very rude and abrupt, and had no regard with my past education and work experience. Good thing that they passed on me, because I think Boar's Head will leave a sour deli slice taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• They asked about your most outstanding achievement in your lifetime.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boar's Head (Sarasota, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a Human Resources Coordinator to set up the first phone interview with her, which was on the following day. After the first phone interview the Human Resources Coordinator contacted me by email to schedule the second phone interview with the supervisor of the position for the following day. Once the second interview was complete the Human Resources Coordinator called me to setup a face-to-face interview with the Accounts Payable Manager & the supervisor of the position. The following morning I received a call from the Human Resources Coordinator with letting me know they were extending an offer. Shortly after, I received the job offer via email.

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boar's Head in March 2016.

Interview

Easy process starting from recruiter call to all the way to personal interview.
    starting from recruiter call to all the way to personal interview.
     recruiter call to all the way to personal interview.

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boar's Head (Sarasota, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Got an email from the Recruiter, had a phone call with the Recruiter and then a phone call with the Manager. The employees I spoke with were very friendly. They were responsive and very helpful.

Operations Leadership Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boar's Head in March 2015.

Interview

The job was posted at my university job board and I responded. I got a prompt email back the same day from a corporate HR employee to set up an interview over the phone a couple days later. This interview went very well and the woman was extremely friendly and easy to talk to. I received notice they would like a second interview the next day. It would be another phone interview with an HR representative from the location they would potentially hire me at. This was about four days later. I believe the next step would have been flying out for an in-person interview. Unfortunately the employee that interviewed me for the second phone interview was extremely rude and impatient. It seemed as though he wanted to be somewhere else and only had a list of questions he was supposed to get through so he could hang up. He would ask me a question and then as soon as I started responding he would cut me off and ask me something else. I never got to explain any answers. These were not simple yes or no questions. It was unsettling. I have never had such a negative experience.

Food Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boar's Head in March 2015.

Interview

Campus recruiting. I sent them email and they replied very quickly. They seemed very interested in my resume so we scheduled a phone interview two days later. I did a lot of research online and prepared for the interview. So that day, they called exactly at the time we scheduled, and said my resume is very impressive. But then they have a question first, am I a green card holder or US citizen. I said no, and they said they are sorry they are just a local business and illegal to hire international. They have a lot of phone interviews that day so good luck with your job hunting.

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boar's Head (Holland, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

My hiring interview was for the Holland Michigan plant. I first learned of Boar's Head hiring online. After filling out an application, I didn't hear back for 2 months. After setting up an interview and talking to both the head of security & Human Resources, I was told I'd hear back within a week. Well that never happened. they gave me some excuse when I called them back saying they were "still in the narrowing down process" 3 days later I see the same ad posted online once again... Never even got a 'thanks but no thanks" call... Whatever

Interview Questions

• Why do you think Boar's Head needs security?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boar's Head (Sarasota, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn, a few days later I was contacted by Boar's Head HR. A couple days later had the official phone interview with HR and it went very well. The next week I had 3 interviews at the headquarters-1 with the same HR person, and 2 with department heads separately, they all went well. The next week I had my final interview with the VP and it went good, then the interview got cut short before getting to my relevant experience, it was odd. No offer, just a generic email the next week. I didn't even get a response from HR after I replied to the email politely thanking them for the interview opportunity and asking what I could improve on. Great experience over all, awesome company, but just a very strange ending.

Interview Questions

• Name one company out there that you think really gets it, as far as marketing goes.   1 Answer

EMT-Basic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Groveport, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boar's Head (Groveport, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview initially, followed by two in person interviews. Great experience very affirming and great getting along with people. Arranged skills and opportunities were clearly explained. Expectations matched was discussed in the interview.

Interview Questions

• I would refresh your knowledge of diabetics.   1 Answer