Boise Cascade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boise Cascade Interview Questions

2.9

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boise Cascade (Idaho Falls, ID) in January 2017.

Interview

It was 3 gentleman in there conference room. They each had my resume and could ask there own questions they wanted. Mainl past job experiences and some about my level of education.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I was comfortable using a forklift and chainsaw.   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boise Cascade (Raleigh, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen, a face to face interview, and then 2 panel interviews, 1 in South Carolina and 1 in North Carolina. The company seemed very professional, polite, caring, and interested. However, despite my follow up, including an email, a phone call to the recruiter in charge, and written thank you notes, I never heard anything back from them (either positive or negative). It would have been great to just get a standard rejection email, at least, especially since I drove 2 1/2 hours for one of the interviews......

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty standard, and not situational at all.   Answer Question

Assistant Operations Manager Distribution Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delran, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boise Cascade (Delran, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume through a job posting website. Received an email one week later from the General Manager requesting an in person interview. Made it past the interview phase and then you take a Caliper Assessment on line at home, then they make a decision. The whole process takes about two to three weeks. This was over the Christmas holiday so the process may have taken longer the normal. The GM gave you a timeline which was quite accurate, except they did not make that final communication. The GM stated he would communicate either way if there was a job offer or not. Overall, a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Just general background questions about your resume and if you could perform the job functions the position required. They asked why are you looking to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boise Cascade (Boise, ID) in September 2015.

Interview

I went through 3 rounds of interviews. First was a phone interview, second and third were formal face to face interviews. They use a Targeted Selection / Behavioral Interviewing technique. Good way to be able to relate your accomplishments to what they need. Everyone was very professional and they try to make you feel as comfortable as possible.

Interview Questions

• They asked some of the common questions like: Tell me about a time when you and your boss disagreed about something and what was the outcome? What were some of the things you have used in the past and how can you apply them to this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I made one counter offer. They were able to accommodate one of my two requests and that was enough for me to accept their offer.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boise Cascade (Chester, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, then flew in (paid by company) to interview with a few of the people in management, immediately called back to request drug screen that day while I was in town still. Offer received the next day.

Interview Questions

• Name a problem you have come across and what you did to solve it?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boise Cascade (Boise, ID) in May 2015.

Interview

They ask a lot of behavior type questions. You interview first with the HR director and then move on to a interview with the specific division panel of members. They ask you about different college experiences and past work experiences and want to get a feel for how you took control and handled conflicts during that time. They are professional but convey a very relaxed feel.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral type questions. What would you do in this situations... Explain a time when...   Answer Question

Insides Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodinville, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boise Cascade (Woodinville, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

typical interview, I interviewed with the sales manager. He ask me some pretty simple questions, about my college works and my part time jobs. Its pretty layback, he didnt pressure me.

Interview Questions

• typical question, nothing special   1 Answer

General Line Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boise Cascade (Grand Junction, CO) in December 2014.

Interview

Structured but was able to stray away from questions that make people squeal. understand what you are applying for because they want to know what you are going to do to fill that position. tell them about creativity and how you want to grow as an individual. if you have already worked there use an example of a project they know you did well on. I used some stuff that i did in school as examples.

Interview Questions

• Name a a time you missed a sale and what you could have done to have changed that outcome.   Answer Question

Extra Board Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettle Falls, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boise Cascade (Kettle Falls, WA).

Interview

I was hired several years ago. I don't know what they do now other than go through the Unemployment office.

Interview Questions

• How many days would be appropriate to miss in a year?   1 Answer

Shipping Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boise Cascade (Alexandria, LA) in June 2013.

Interview

Met with shipping superintendent, shipping supervisor and HR after interview lady from HR called me back to her office and offered me the job. then went the next day to take drug screen and physical. then it took almost a month for background check to come in.