Boise Cascade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Boise Cascade

2.8

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boise Cascade (Denver, CO) in June 2019.

Interview

I thought it went well I have good industry references from people they know and do a lot of business with, ( IFG, Potlatch, Hampton). We talked at length about my experience with Georgia Pacific and Bluelinx from Selling to buying to managing.

Interview Questions

• asked me about previous experience   1 Answer

Environmental Health and Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boise Cascade (Seattle, WA) in March 2019.

Interview

Overall it was a very professional, relaxed, round-table interview. There were lots of questions and you were given every opportunity to answer. There was a lot of back and forth, in that I could ask questions throughout the interview.

Interview Questions

• Very typical questions, such as how you might handle certain scenarios, describe a difficult decision you had to make. Describe your coaching techniques.   1 Answer

Stacker Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roxboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boise Cascade (Roxboro, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Very brief and informative after interview was sent for drug screen and physical from beginning to end the process took about 30 days. Boise Cascade are very big on safety we had monthly safety meetings as well as cards that had to be filled out monthly as to how could we improve on safety

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to work any shift   1 Answer

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boise Cascade (Boise, ID) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a call within a week of submitting resume. Phone interview with HR and hiring manager. In-person interviews with 7-8 leaders across the organization as this role would be working cross-functionally with many groups.

Interview Questions

• How would you build visibility for our brand in the community?   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boise Cascade (Idaho Falls, ID) in January 2017.

Interview

It was 3 gentleman in there conference room. They each had my resume and could ask there own questions they wanted. Mainl past job experiences and some about my level of education.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I was comfortable using a forklift and chainsaw.   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boise Cascade (Raleigh, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen, a face to face interview, and then 2 panel interviews, 1 in South Carolina and 1 in North Carolina. The company seemed very professional, polite, caring, and interested. However, despite my follow up, including an email, a phone call to the recruiter in charge, and written thank you notes, I never heard anything back from them (either positive or negative). It would have been great to just get a standard rejection email, at least, especially since I drove 2 1/2 hours for one of the interviews......

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty standard, and not situational at all.   Answer Question

Assistant Operations Manager Distribution Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delran, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boise Cascade (Delran, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume through a job posting website. Received an email one week later from the General Manager requesting an in person interview. Made it past the interview phase and then you take a Caliper Assessment on line at home, then they make a decision. The whole process takes about two to three weeks. This was over the Christmas holiday so the process may have taken longer the normal. The GM gave you a timeline which was quite accurate, except they did not make that final communication. The GM stated he would communicate either way if there was a job offer or not. Overall, a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Just general background questions about your resume and if you could perform the job functions the position required. They asked why are you looking to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boise Cascade (Boise, ID) in September 2015.

Interview

I went through 3 rounds of interviews. First was a phone interview, second and third were formal face to face interviews. They use a Targeted Selection / Behavioral Interviewing technique. Good way to be able to relate your accomplishments to what they need. Everyone was very professional and they try to make you feel as comfortable as possible.

Interview Questions

• They asked some of the common questions like: Tell me about a time when you and your boss disagreed about something and what was the outcome? What were some of the things you have used in the past and how can you apply them to this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I made one counter offer. They were able to accommodate one of my two requests and that was enough for me to accept their offer.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boise Cascade (Chester, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, then flew in (paid by company) to interview with a few of the people in management, immediately called back to request drug screen that day while I was in town still. Offer received the next day.

Interview Questions

• Name a problem you have come across and what you did to solve it?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boise Cascade (Boise, ID) in May 2015.

Interview

They ask a lot of behavior type questions. You interview first with the HR director and then move on to a interview with the specific division panel of members. They ask you about different college experiences and past work experiences and want to get a feel for how you took control and handled conflicts during that time. They are professional but convey a very relaxed feel.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral type questions. What would you do in this situations... Explain a time when...   1 Answer