Boldly Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Boldly

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boldly

Found 20 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Boldly (United States)

Interview

I researched Boldly because, at first, the opportunity seemed ideal and a great match for my 15 years' experience supporting CEO-level executives, along with an MBA degree. However, after reading the applicant reviews, Boldly does not appear to be a company that values truly experienced executive assistants with respect to the time involved in the interview process, as well as asking questions not relative to the position. Instead of video question/answer exercises, along with reformatting resume into another document (why?), I suggest something else that will be more effective. If Boldly is interested in an applicant based on his/her resume, have them work for YOU for a few days or a week in the executive assistant position. That will tell you much more about a match with your clients than your current process. I would be happy to work for a trial period without compensation.

Interview Questions
  • From other reviews, interview questions appear to be routine.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boldly (United States)

Interview

The interview process went quickly. I submitted my application and heard back from them within a week. From there I completed a skills test, 3 interviews, and a reference check. Communication from Boldly was always very responsive and detailed. It was the smoothest interview process I have been through in terms of knowing what to expect and being prepared.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Boldly (United States) in May 2020

Interview

The interview process and expectations were very clear, including the fact that there would be several screening tasks and interview portions. Although the process was lengthy, Boldly was very upfront about exactly what each portion would entail, how soon I could expect a response, and what the next steps would be as I proceeded forward. All of the emails I received were friendly, courteous, and helpful. I was encouraged to ask questions about the role, the company, and the challenges of remote work. I felt like the entire experience was well thought out and helped me to reflect on how serious I was about the organization, my own values, and whether remote work would be the right fit for me.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boldly (United States)

Interview

After waiting for a lengthy response to my application, I received a generic email stating that they would not proceed but that my skills had nothing to do with it. What else could be the reason? They're FORCING you to have a LinkedIn profile along with a picture could only lead to one thing; prejudice. Whether that is race, age, or something else, if they are not basing rejection on your skills that exactly match what they need, what else could it be? Hm..

Interview Questions
  • Did not get to that point because they reject you most likely based on appearance.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Boldly (United States) in Apr 2020

Interview

I completed on online application after carefully reading their job posting. I met all the requirements and had the skills and experience they were looking for. I also connected my LinkedIn profile as instructed and a week later received a rejection email explaining they wouldn't be moving forward and it had "nothing to do with my skills and qualifications." Interesting...I wonder what caused my application to be rejected then.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boldly (United States) in Mar 2020

Interview

Curious to explore remote employment opportunities, I applied to join Bodly’s EA team, based on outstanding reviews, an alleged friendly culture, and a 100% CEO approval rating. I requested they remove my name from further consideration. When a recruiter sends a lengthy email advising the hiring process will last 2-3 weeks, it can give a candidate pause, as no SCREENING process should last this long. If a company are unable to initially evaluate talent via a resume/employment application, this speaks to potential broader deficiencies related to their internal talent, processes, and perhaps even company culture. The following is my personal opinion/analysis based on my experience. • Boldly partially engaged me via email, asking a clarifying question re employment status as it appeared on my LinkedIn profile. The question was void of context and, more importantly, could have been quickly addressed w/a short call, along w/additional questions that ensued via email. First poor impression. • The questions that followed via email seemed peculiar and prompted me to question the company’s legitimacy. I was taken aback by a question re compensation, prompting a yes/no response, presumably designed to evaluate their appetite for moving forward. This came across as unprofessional, tasteless, and, frankly, disrespectful. In my 14-year career, I had never been asked to lock in compensation via email, that is, not before becoming mutually acquainted. It was too soon to determine company/candidate synergies –the company are also being evaluated—yet it seemed critical to corner the candidate into locking in compensation. Second poor impression. • Tone and words matter. When I sought clarification on comp as it related to the number of years I have supported a Fortune-500 company c-suite executive, the recruiter indicated there would be a possibility of a 1-dollar increase in hourly rate after year 1, w/a patronizing clarification that this would only occur if performance criteria were met, was not guaranteed, and that he/she would need me to be sure this minimum rate was “going to work for you” because that was the rate they were offering me, underscoring that potential team members “must have a minimum of 7 years’ experience” and “many had acquired 10-15 years’ experience prior to joining Boldly”. Just inappropriate – also begged the question as to whether he/she had made any effort to become acquainted w/his/her audience, given my 14 years of experience. Third poor impression. • Still not wanting to dismiss this opportunity based on an underwhelming experience with 1 person, I politely sought clarification, fearing perhaps my application had been mistakenly classed as only having 7 years’ experience, likely prompting the minimum hourly rate proposal. The recruiter ceased to respond, and I removed myself from consideration shortly thereafter. If the minimum hourly rate is the rate being offered to seasoned EA professionals, for transparency, they should fully disclose this on the website. The website states “competitive pay” (it is not) “starting at [$X]” (emphasis on STARTING AT), which is misleading. Fourth poor impression. If Boldly are interested in a candidate, they should fully engage him/her, schedule time to SPEAK LIVE--minimize minutia and impersonal email traffic before deciding if they really want to speak to a candidate. They should give candidates no reason to believe they will not be valued employees after the hiring process is complete. This may require hiring additional staff, rethinking/refining processes, shifting to a more personable approach. The hiring process progresses to an impersonal, recorded video interview to then qualify for another live VC interview, a Google Sheets test, culminating in a final interview w/CEO. The process seems to be designed exclusively w/clients in mind, to demonstrate high hiring standards, while it does a considerable disservice to qualified candidates. Considering the company’s time more important than their candidates' time points to a certain lack of awareness, at best, and comes across as obnoxious, at worst. While companies strive to carefully curate their teams w/top talent, nobody should be subjected to an inordinate number of weeks and cumbersome steps in a recruiting process that could be considerably shortened to a reasonable and efficient timeframe. The experience: While EASY, is impersonal, unnecessarily cumbersome, and disrespectful of the candidate’s time --all of these touchpoints are coupled with a non-competitive rate in gross misalignment with candidate’s background/experience. I reached out to Boldly, expressing interest in providing this feedback LIVE and provided them with my mobile ph. I received a friendly response, albeit via email, requesting email feedback with an absent phone number in the contact's signature field.

Interview Questions
  • Questions pertaining to work availability, software, virus protection, etc.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boldly (United States) in Jan 2020

Interview

The structure of the interview process was outstanding, for the most part. I completed the application, then was notified via email to answer a few more questions. After that, I was asked to convert my resume into a google sheet and make it look as close to the original as possible. You have 24 hours to do that, and I completed it right away. I was then notified that I was moving onto the interview process. I finished the recorded interview questions, then was scheduled to interview with their recruiter and then the CEO. I thought all the interviews went very well, and I know they stated several times that the process was extremely competitive. After a week of waiting, I was contacted via email that I was not moving onto the reference and background check. It's was discouraging to only hear back with the reasons for their decision as "no way a reflection of your skills and talents" and "at this late stage in the process the competition is very fierce" and receive no actual constructive feedback.

Interview Questions
  • Why Boldly? Have you researched other remote administrative service companies?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Boldly (United States) in Dec 2019

Interview

I submitted my resume and received an email back saying it would take 7-21 days for review and for someone to get back to me. Having worked in HR, I totally understand that it takes time to truly vet each and every resume and I received an email in about 7 days that they wanted to move forward. I will say that everything has a time limit and you need to respond within that time frame to be considered. It’s a good test on responsiveness which is super important when working remotely or in any position. I received an email from their HR Department (Charlie) who is fabulous! And I was invited to create a video (with a link they sent) and was able to do it in the comfort of my home. I believe it's a chance for them to see how comfortable you are with technology as working remotely, being technology savvy is very important. It was never intimidating. I found it to be a great experience and even slightly fun! About a day or two later after submitting the video, I was invited to do another test - google sheets test and answer a few more questions. Boldly is very transparent and up front from the beginning – asking if you are ok starting slowly with hours and working up to more hours as time goes on. They let you know up front what you will be working and it’s up to you to decide whether or not it’s for you. After I passed that, I moved onto the interview process. I interviewed with a Client Success Advisor at Boldly. It was a video zoom interview. The interview was more of a get to know you as well as inquiring about my skills and my desire to work remotely at Boldly. A couple of days after that I was invited to speak with their CEO Sandra about whom I cannot say enough kind words about. The culture at Boldly is built on kindness and over communication and that is what I felt throughout the entire interview process. After my interview with Sandra, they then required a reference check which was very thorough and background check. These are very important! Remember it’s a totally remote company and they do hire only the best and you have to be willing and able to be vetted. They service high profile clients who demand the best! Patience is a virtue because the reward of working for this company is totally worth it! I passed the background check and references and received the “Congratulations – welcome to the team! Their on-boarding process is the best I have been through EVER! It is very involved and takes almost a week with online video training on their systems and an in person (zoom) with HR. Before they start you working with a client, they make sure you totally prepared and what to expect! Once I completed the on-boarding within a week or two, I had my first client and started working. I love They are kind, generous and truly care about their employees and the clients they serve that’s why the process may be lengthy, but I’ll say it again – worth it and the best decision of my life!

Interview Questions
  • If you were a cake, what type of cake would you be? There was some detail in it which you had to pay attention. Other questions were why do you want to work at Boldly?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buxton, NC
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boldly (Buxton, NC) in Oct 2019

Interview

The process began with an exercise in the use of google sheets, from there, questions were asked regarding my understanding of the position, hours and how Boldly works in terms of hour building with clients being assigned. After responding to all questions you are then sent a link for an interview where questions are prompted for you to record your answer- they are timed and you get one shot with each question. From this step, you speak with a member of the HR team who goes over your skillset, your wants, your thoughts and any questions you may have as well as going into more detail on the process, the company and the position. This was the last step I completed as I was given an offer with a non-profit that I can PCS to any location with where Boldly is still currently limited on what states can apply. The next step is an interview with the founder and from there I believe your references are checked and the hiring process truly begins. I have nothing but positive things to say about Boldly, the process and the people I worked with were so friendly, helpful and communicative. Ultimately the concern I have is my husband is set for promotion and Maine is our top choice- Boldly currently doesn't offer positions to residents of ME. This was a very tough decision for me to remove myself from consideration but at this time it made more sense for my family. I hope that in the future if positions are open and our situation changes, I will be able to reapply and begin the process again.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Boldly?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Boldly (United States)

Interview

Applied multiple times, and can't get an interview. You send you resume and application, and an auto reply email states that your resume and skill level have nothing to do with why we are not choosing you at this time, and explains that they just receive so many apps per week and will not be moving forward with you at this time.

Interview Questions
  • Email stating that they get thousands of applications a week & we will have to pass at this time.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 20