Boldly Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 26 of over 26 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boldly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boldly (New York, NY)

Interview

This was probably the worst interview process I’ve ever gone through. After reading all the reviews from Glassdoor I was very hesitant in even trying because I’m thinking while this company has to be crazy to put somebody through this. I have two masters degrees and over 30 years of sales and Assistant skills. I stopped the interview process after the first two interviews because I thought this is absolutely ludicrous lol. I don’t think anybody should be put through this and think it’s really redundant, a relative and daunting. This is a part time assistant position - I’ve had senior roles that were less stressful and drawn out then this-

Interview Questions
  • Made you reformat your resume- like why!?!!??
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Boldly

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boldly in Apr 2022

Interview

This interview process was definitely not like any I have ever gone through. I don't see how it reflected on my professional skills at all - in fact nothing about that was asked. You are made to do about 5 video responses to vague questions. Within less than 2 days of submitting my responses I received an automated email rejecting me. I had my suspicions this would happen if that was what they called an interview. This seems more like an "exclusive club" than it does a professional company. If you have a sliver of doubt about applying, my advice would be to look elsewhere because you probably wont get into this club. By their own words in their automated rejection email - "We receive a very large number of highly qualified applicants, and there is significant competition for our limited open positions."

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Boldly

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boldly

Interview

The whole process is very thorough but complex. They are weeding out applicants as this is a very competitive company to get hired for. You could be the most talented, experienced assistant, etc. but you just don't make it past their complex interview process. (Note: You have to have at least 7 years experience in order to apply) If they like your application you are contacted via email and asked a series of questions in about 4 emails from their recruiting coordinator: The first email you are thanked for applying. Emphasis is made that this is a part-time position working UP TO 25 hours a week with occasional fluctuations in hours depending on the requirements of the client or clients you are assigned (if you are hired). You have to be willing to commit a minimum of 20 hours a week. They will ask if you are aware of this and why you want to make the change from fulltime to part-time. They also explain that there is no guarantee of going over 25 hours a week so keep that in mind. In the 4th email they explain how the hours start out gradually (maybe 5-10 hours a week) but that these days the hours ramp up quickly and ask if you are "ok" with this. Remember you still have to commit a minimum of 20 hours a week to them. The second email will let you know what the hourly rate of pay is. It might be something like $22 ($22-$24) an hour. Read each question in the emails carefully and respond accordingly. They want to ensure they hire individuals who are looking for a long term commitment with the company. About the third email is when they ask you to create or copy your resume into Google Sheets and to format it to make it look as similar as possible to your resume (from a Word doc, etc.). You have 24 hours to respond. Finally once you make it past that request, you are asked if you would like to move forward with the automated video interview. You are then sent the link for this you have 3 days to respond. BE PREPARED - watch all of the videos on the company's website including the Careers page - the candidate requirements and all subpages - Open Positions, About Boldly, FAQs, Inside View, and Boldly Benefits. Know what the company model is! Not vaguely but know it. You'll be asked to explain the model if you were telling a friend about the company. The automated video interview is about 30 minutes and done via Kira Talent software online (a lot of colleges/universities use this for applicants). You will register via a check in for the interview. Then you test your webcam and microphone. From there you take an assessment test to prep you for what to expect and understand how it works. Each question is presented verbally. You are then given about 30 seconds or so to think about the question and your answer. Then a few second countdown before the recording begins. You are given maybe a minute to answer each question. You hit submit and then it goes on to the next question. You have a few seconds to drink a little water etc. before the next question/recording begins. Dress like you would for any in-person interview. Make sure your background is clean and lighting is good. The negative side to this process is that when you have an actually conversation with someone in an interview you can easily "add" a thought where with this it is one an done. You can't change your answer. I was a little turned off by this part of the process. It is not personable, unfortunately. There are a total of 6 questions. Again, be sure you know exactly what the company does and watch all the videos offered on the site. I accidently forgot to mention that they match you with clients with the idea of you keeping these clients long term and I knew if someone answered this more thoroughly it would push me out for a chance to move on. IF you make it through the automated video interview you will be asked to do a Zoom call with their Recruitment Manager, Devin. Finally you will do a video interview the company founder, Sandra Lewis. THEN if you make it through all of that, you must provide 3 REFERENCES from supervisors you have worked for in the past 5 years. They also do background checks etc. - if you are offered the position. NOTE: The entire process takes several weeks. I was not offered a position and that's fine. I just want others to know the exact process before you go ahead and apply. If you are willing to go through all these processes, go for it. Otherwise there are a number of other virtual companies out there you can apply to.

Interview Questions
  • Why is it important for you to work from home? Did you have any pets growing up and if so what kind? Video questions: Describe a situation where you had to make a sacrifice for work. Describe a situation where your boss was unexpectedly out of office and what or how did you handle it? How would you describe Boldly's work model to a friend? What kind of cake would you be and why?
26 people found this interview helpful

Boldly

Application

I interviewed at Boldly

Interview

I was contacted via email after applying through a recruiting site, and had some brief back-and-forth with a very nice and professional woman. I was told I would receive a task to complete to test my skills, and oddly it was transferring my resume into a spreadsheet. This was puzzling to me because it really doesn't show any actual skills to do with spreadsheets but what the hey, I did it and was told after a few days that I passed that test and to expect a 'taped video interview'. There were about 5 questions, mostly standard stuff (all pre-recorded btw, you are NOT interacting with a live person), but the last one was one of those absurd 'personality quiz' type questions about what kind of cake I would be. Yes, really. What kind of cake I would be if I were a cake. These kind of questions are so annoying and really just feel like pseudo-science trick questions instead of actual skill or aptitude questions. Sigh. In any case, it was still an interesting process and the people I interacted with were nothing but polite and professional. I got a standard polite rejection after my 'video' interview submission and that's okay - I am very aware of how competitive this kind of position is. I only rate this interview process as difficult because of the length of time (took a few weeks), the oddness of the resume-to-spreadsheet test, and the baffling cake nonsense.

Interview Questions
  • If you were a cake, what flavor or kind of cake would you be?
11 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boldly (New York, NY) in May 2021

Interview

After applying online and having to answer a series of emails that questioned my intentions to join - each of which took much time in between responses - there was a task using GSuite to be performed and emailed back. After some time I received a generic response detailing that while I had great skills they were not proceeding with me. With all that was asked of me, I could have gotten a better reason for the declination. This was a complete waste of time so you may want to steer clear of Boldly and go with other Virtual VA companies - there are some really good ones out there.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Boldly?
5 people found this interview helpful

Boldly

Application

I interviewed at Boldly

Interview

I researched Boldly because, at first, the opportunity seemed ideal and a great match for my 15 years' experience supporting CEO-level executives, along with an MBA degree. However, after reading the applicant reviews, Boldly does not appear to be a company that values truly experienced executive assistants with respect to the time involved in the interview process, as well as asking questions not relative to the position. Instead of video question/answer exercises, along with reformatting resume into another document (why?), I suggest something else that will be more effective. If Boldly is interested in an applicant based on his/her resume, have them work for YOU for a few days or a week in the executive assistant position. That will tell you much more about a match with your clients than your current process. I would be happy to work for a trial period without compensation.

Interview Questions
  • From other reviews, interview questions appear to be routine.
9 people found this interview helpful

Boldly

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boldly in Aug 2020

Interview

I want to start off by staying I really like this company and what it stands for and I was excited to join the team. However, after making it to the end of a very lengthy and time consuming process, speaking with the founder of the company and having a positive conversation, I received a generic rejection email message a few days later, “...Thanks for your time, but the competition is very fierce amongst a group of highly qualified applicants...” I understand that this may be true because Boldly takes the time to thoroughly vet each candidate, but to get through several rounds of written and video questions as well as live phone/zoom calls (a lot of time away from work and family!) and get such a vague response was a complete slap in the face. It was very disappointing, Boldly. I expected better. If a candidate makes it to the very last step please have the decency of giving a more personalized response as to why he/she did not get the position to help that person improve to find other work. Your mission is about HELPING PEOPLE. See that through to the very end.

Interview Questions
  • Lots of questions regarding the role and your responses to situations. Why Boldly?
13 people found this interview helpful

Boldly

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boldly

Interview

The interview process went quickly. I submitted my application and heard back from them within a week. From there I completed a skills test, 3 interviews, and a reference check. Communication from Boldly was always very responsive and detailed. It was the smoothest interview process I have been through in terms of knowing what to expect and being prepared.

Interview Questions
13 people found this interview helpful

Boldly

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boldly

Interview

After waiting for a lengthy response to my application, I received a generic email stating that they would not proceed but that my skills had nothing to do with it. What else could be the reason? They're FORCING you to have a LinkedIn profile along with a picture could only lead to one thing; prejudice. Whether that is race, age, or something else, if they are not basing rejection on your skills that exactly match what they need, what else could it be? Hm..

29 people found this interview helpful

Boldly

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Boldly in May 2020

Interview

The interview process and expectations were very clear, including the fact that there would be several screening tasks and interview portions. Although the process was lengthy, Boldly was very upfront about exactly what each portion would entail, how soon I could expect a response, and what the next steps would be as I proceeded forward. All of the emails I received were friendly, courteous, and helpful. I was encouraged to ask questions about the role, the company, and the challenges of remote work. I felt like the entire experience was well thought out and helped me to reflect on how serious I was about the organization, my own values, and whether remote work would be the right fit for me.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Interviews