Bombas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Corporate Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Bombas (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Several interviews, and relatively lengthy process, but received offer and accepted right away. Applied online. Had in person interview early in process, then came in again, and was given a presentation test.

Planning Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bombas in August 2017.

Interview

Never had a more memorable interview experience w such a personal touch! Interview process was very strategic - thorough, but efficient. Everyone is so nice. They even gave on-site candidates a gift! Speaks to how much generosity is part of their DNA

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you have served your community recently   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bombas (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

My interview consisted of one phone screen, one in-person interview, and a six hour on-site where I got to meet the co-founders and senior members from various departments including marketing. Aside from a few conversations being fairly rushed (but not atypical with interviews this long), my experience was positive. Mostly conversational in format yet filled with thought provoking questions relevant to the role and/or getting to know you deeper on a personal level.

Interview Questions

• 1) Who inspires you? 2) Walk me through your framework and approach to creative testing?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bombas.

Interview

Interview process at Bombas was great. First was a phone screen, then a 1:1 pairing exercise that was mainly dealing with React and building something that a developer would actually build at Bombas. No fizzbuzz. No questions made to trick you. Then was another 1:1 meeting face-to-face with product and the last was a few rounds of interviews face-to-face with people from all over the company including all of the founders, HR, and customer happiness team. Everyone was incredibly nice and the culture really came through during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Explain HTML for people who aren't coders. A lot of behavioral questions to make sure you are a great cultural fit.   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was streamlined and positive from start to finish. The first interview was a phone screen with the hiring manager. I talked about my experience and background and he told me about the company. Overall it was a good conversation. The next interview was a technical interview. No trick questions here- just a real life problem that modeled the day-to-day challenges I would face in the role. I was able to use google and talk the issues out with my interview. The last interview was an on site interview which lasted about 3 hours. I met with about 10 different people from various departments who I might wind up interfacing with in my day to day. All the conversations were really for me to let them understand my background and who I am as well as understanding their contributions to the company.

A few business days later they called me with an offer which I accepted! Overall the process spanned about three weeks. The interviews were friendly conversations rather than antagonistic situations where they wait for you to misstep.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bombas.

Interview

Let me first say that the reflection is not on the company, as I know the company as a whole is great and I love what they stand for. The company is poised for a promising future.

But the interview process was a bit dry and seems a bit unorganized. First initial phone screen was pretty easy. Simple questions just to get a feel of what I did and what I know. Actually was a pleasant pre-screening.
    On to the second phone interview spoke with Head of people / Director of people. I answered all his questions and even gave him pointers and information he didn’t know. Gave him actual material that was valuable, which I would not be surprised if he is using it for his prep or weekly meeting. However, the person lacked leading the interview process. Ask questions that seemed scattered. Questions asked and structured did not lead to what I am capable of and what I would bring to the table. Example of his question: Linkedin recruiter provides you a certain Inmail amount. How do you strategize in utilizing the amount wisely so you do not run out. Answer: I stated by ensuring you convey a great message that the candidate provides a response regardless of interest level. By securing a response you get back the credit for your Inmail, which therefore will allow you to not run out and utilize it on the next potential candidate. He then stated, he did not know that. He did not know you get a credit back.

How are you interviewing a recruiter and not know recruiter things. I am sorry but how do you ask a question and not even know the process of Linkedin Recruiter. Why ask something you do not know.
    After 30 mins, the interviewer stated we are running a bit out of time, but I haven’t asked you the remaining questions. If that is the case then, the issue lies on your interview strategy. The lack of proper questions that gets to the core points and properly identifying the key requirements may cause the company to really lose out on great potential candidates.

I believe the company will strive for great things. But I believe they need to really focus on the interview process and evaluate the people who are decision makers leading the process. Good candidates will be available but great candidates will be lost.

After, the two interviews. I receive an email stating I was not qualified. I do not mind the rejection letter. As a recruiter, I have sent them out many times. But I could not grasp how I was not qualified when I did not even have the opportunity to convey my recruitment methods, strategies or process. If I know more than your Director, then I do not know what the company is looking for.
    I have 10+ years in recruitment with a 90 percent closing rate. Developed strategies that saved company money and time, including training staff on how to conduct the interview process for each specific department. Yet, I was not able to even discussed those points specifically, which was highlighted and stated on my resume. If you hiring a recruiter, then find out what he/she can do. Not ask what is your hardest day.

Company is great, so ask great questions that lead to great answers

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bombas (New York, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

Quickly heard back from the talent acquisition manager to set up a phone screen. We set it up, I rented a small meeting room in Midtown to have the interview, and he cancelled less than 30 minutes before. However, we rescheduled and the phone call went well. He was pleasant and honest about Bombas. He then set me up to have another phone interview with the senior designer, which also seemed to go well. I emailed them and thanked them for the interviews and was told that I should be hearing back very soon. I followed up a few more times and each time was told that there would be news "soon" and that they had a pause in the hiring process for the role. I can get a hint when a company just doesn't respond, but it was strange that I heard back so many times and being promised "news" before they completely ghosted me.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bombas (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

My interview process consisted of an initial phone screening with a member of the People Team, another phone call with the hiring manager, an on-site interview where I met with members from various teams, and a final on-site interview where I met with the founders, more People Team members, and a couple of other team members. Overall, each conversation I had felt super genuine, and by the end of the process I was well informed of the team's expectations for the Product Development Assistant role.

Interview Questions

• Why Bombas? Who inspires you? What can you bring to the Hive? Why product development?   Answer Question

Product Development Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bombas.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview a week in advance, and they cancelled it 5 mins before the interview via email. I was told that the particular position was put on hold, and that they will contact me again if the position becomes available. Recently I saw that the position is again being posted on major job sites but didn't hear anything back from them even when I resubmitted an application. I would have appreciated a more transparent answer from the HR from the get go. It was a huge waste of time.

Product Development Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bombas in September 2018.

Interview

I interviewed for the role of Product Development Assistant through two phone calls. First call with HR manager was great. I was asked thoughtful questions and within minutes he mentioned moving me to the next round of interviews. Second interview with the Manager for the position was not so great. She was disengaged from the start and barely asked me any questions. My answers and subsequent questions to her were answered as if our conversation was boring to her, and upon knowing I'm foreign her attitude only got worse.

The role asked for 1 year of experience, and I bring 3 years in multinational iconic brands. My answers to her about my career history and fitness to the role were the same as to the HR person, so I assume either they were not aligned on what they were looking for in a candidate, or they had already decided on someone else when my interview took place. I say that because I received an automated email ending my candidacy within a few hours of the phone call. I emailed both interviewers to thank them for their time and ask for feedback, but as many others have mentioned here, that's not something they do.

This interview unfortunately changed the way I saw Bombas. The work they do is still admirable, but the interview process is a peak into how they operate, and the disengagement and lack of enthusiasm from the Manager indicates this may not be that great of a work place after all. If you're overqualified in years of experience or - God forbid - have an accent, proceed with caution.

Interview Questions

Bombas Response

Oct 31, 2018 – VP of People

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We strive to provide all candidates with a memorable interview experience, regardless of advancement in the process. It appears that your experience was an... More