Bon Appétit Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 24, 2017

2.1

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bon Appétit Management (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

It was pretty quick. Already knew the managers, so the interview was more of a formality. I went in and discussed my background with the executive chef as well as with the general manager. They both seemed pretty excited to have me on board. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you interacted with an unpleasant customer   Answer Question

Cashier/Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bon Appétit Management (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

sit down for a few questions and then I got the job. Questions were very basic. I was hired and then it took a few days to get the paper work filled out but I had already started the job so it wasn't a big deal.

Interview Questions

• why would you be good for this job?   1 Answer

Director, Catering Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bon Appétit Management.

Interview

First - 40 minute phone interview. Second - panel interview for 90+ minutes. The process took several months because they were not in a hurry to fill the spot. Would have liked some feedback on personality/IQ tests. Not sure this was the job I wanted.

Interview Questions

• There was a strong emphasis on being passionate about food. How to hire and maintain quality service staff was an emphasis as well. How to juggle multiple clients that know each other and think they are the most important   Answer Question

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bon Appétit Management (Seattle, WA).

Interview

They want to know you won't tucker out on a long work week, and are willing to go along with their program and not rock the boat too much. Each account serves a college or corporate client, and follows a pretty straight forward set of standards to please that client. Good interview, just come in with experience and have positive things to say about your work ethic and past work experiences.

Interview Questions

• Describe in your own words what sustainability means in the kitchen   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a seasonal menu item you would create   Answer Question

Banquet Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bon Appétit Management (Aliso Viejo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Met with my interviewer, went over my work experience and the job, then only asked once simple question based on experience. He also went over what kind of workers they were looking (they really want diligent people)

Interview Questions

• Describe a your experience with an unhappy customer and how you dealt with the situation.   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Bon Appétit Management (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Process moved very slowly. Received call from TA 4 weeks after submitting resume. Call informing me they moved on with an internal candidate came 3 weeks later. Seems like they would have moved faster with an internal candidate

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bon Appétit Management (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Very short; less than 15 minutes. Basic questions about education, background, availability, and etc. Nothing out of the ordinary. Not sure what else to write here, the interview was pretty straight-forward and easy.

Interview Questions

• Past experience, are you comfortable with knives, education, availability, etc. Basic stuff.   Answer Question

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beloit, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bon Appétit Management (Beloit, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty low-key. Just one manager and a cook that basically talked about what I would be doing, what the company stands for, the programs through the college that they facilitate and the importance of safety and food safety.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay working in warm kitchens?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bon Appétit Management in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call within the week to schedule an interview. Basic questions and all, most of the interview was having that face-to-face meeting and being told the job details. They want to know what your past jobs were like and what you did. One on one with the manager and shift lead, took about 30 minutes. They let you ask any questions you have for them, too. I prepped for the interview by writing out answers to basic questions (what's your top 3 coffee drinks, list 5 good and bad qualities, what would others say about you, etc), but it wasn't really needed. If you're at ease with talking to strangers then you'll be alright.

Interview Questions

• What would a past employer or manager say about you? How would you deal with a conflict with a coworker on the job? Do you have any barista experience?   1 Answer

Barista Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bon Appétit Management (Cleveland, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Sent application, quite a lot of information required for their online site. Casual interview the next week-- they had a list of questions they were required to ask, was offered the position a few days later. Needed to run background check, call references, and complete orientation. Whole process took maybe 3 weeks.