BookHolders Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

1.5

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BookHolders (College Park, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

You have three interviews. The first one is with the store manager, who sends your application over to corporate. The next interview is with one of the managers at corporate where they try to find out whether what you are presenting is something that they need. The next interview is with the Vice President or CEO. It's better to get the Vice President as the CEO is quite dismissive and would quadruple the chances of not getting a job. Either one of these individuals will focus on the skills that you provide, downplay your experiences and engage in salary negotiations. Then you submit a SWOT(Strength Weaknesses Opportunities and Threats) for a company, business or establishment that you worked for in the past. Salary negotiations don't matter because they are going to pay you whatever they want to.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you think you will need to have to feel comfortable?   1 Answer
    • VP asks, can we see some of the evidence of your work?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BookHolders.

Interview

They posted an ad online, sent an application via email, and had me set up an interview for sometime within the same week. The interview itself took 15 minutes and was just a basic confirmation of what I'd written on my application. There were no actual interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BookHolders (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume through a job board, got a call back within 48 hours to come in for an interview. She asked me a couple questions about my resume and then hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with customer service or retail?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BookHolders in July 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple interview process, all you need is a pulse and they'll invite you in. You're asked to talk about some of the things you did on your resume, and how much you were paid. You're then asked about your availability to work.

Overall, it was very easy to get hired at BookHolders.

Interview Questions

• Can you go through your work history, and tell me a few things that you did while working there?   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BookHolders (College Park, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

While I didn't realize it, I was actually recruited at a hackathon. They noticed my work and took down my information for a chance to win bitcoins, then used it to contact me about the internship; essentially, the work at the hackathon composite the bulk of getting noticed, the rest was formalities.

Interview Questions

• What are you working on? (essentially, explain your hackathon project)   Answer Question

Clerk/Data Entry Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BookHolders.

Interview

Interview was casual. They are interested in work you have done in the past and your schedule. They asked about your experiences with other work and what you will need to do. Also asked what you will be willing to do on a daily basis since the job requires many different tasks. There is a discussion about pay and advancement toward the end of the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BookHolders (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Brief, maybe twenty minute conversation just getting to know each other. The manager was really nice and didn't care that i had no previous work experience. He didn't ask me too many questions, mainly just talked about what the job is like.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What have you heard about us?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BookHolders in January 2015.

Interview

2 face to face management interviews one with VP other with VP and co owner. You have to complete a couple written questions. Basic questions can you do the job do you mind working a lot of hours. Have written employees up before all very basic if you have experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you work 80 hours during rush.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me a pay scale I basically asked for the max they tried to offer 2K less but I didn't except and I got it.

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BookHolders (Towson, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

Very easy, they contacted me over email and I went in on the day they were doing interviews. Both the manager and the assistant manager were doing interviews, I was interviewed by the assistant manager.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BookHolders (Blacksburg, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

-1 in-person interview.
    -Simple questions that seem thought up by a child.
    -Once the questions had been asked, I was told they would get back to me in a couple of days
    -Manager was relaxed and laid back throughout.

Interview Questions

• "Have you held a previous management role?"   1 Answer