BookHolders Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BookHolders Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2017

1.5

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BookHolders.

Interview

They posted an ad online, sent an application via email, and had me set up an interview for sometime within the same week. The interview itself took 15 minutes and was just a basic confirmation of what I'd written on my application. There were no actual interview questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BookHolders in July 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple interview process, all you need is a pulse and they'll invite you in. You're asked to talk about some of the things you did on your resume, and how much you were paid. You're then asked about your availability to work.

Overall, it was very easy to get hired at BookHolders.

Interview Questions

• Can you go through your work history, and tell me a few things that you did while working there?   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BookHolders (College Park, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

While I didn't realize it, I was actually recruited at a hackathon. They noticed my work and took down my information for a chance to win bitcoins, then used it to contact me about the internship; essentially, the work at the hackathon composite the bulk of getting noticed, the rest was formalities.

Interview Questions

• What are you working on? (essentially, explain your hackathon project)   Answer Question

Clerk/Data Entry Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BookHolders.

Interview

Interview was casual. They are interested in work you have done in the past and your schedule. They asked about your experiences with other work and what you will need to do. Also asked what you will be willing to do on a daily basis since the job requires many different tasks. There is a discussion about pay and advancement toward the end of the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BookHolders (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Brief, maybe twenty minute conversation just getting to know each other. The manager was really nice and didn't care that i had no previous work experience. He didn't ask me too many questions, mainly just talked about what the job is like.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What have you heard about us?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BookHolders in January 2015.

Interview

2 face to face management interviews one with VP other with VP and co owner. You have to complete a couple written questions. Basic questions can you do the job do you mind working a lot of hours. Have written employees up before all very basic if you have experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you work 80 hours during rush.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me a pay scale I basically asked for the max they tried to offer 2K less but I didn't except and I got it.

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BookHolders (Towson, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

Very easy, they contacted me over email and I went in on the day they were doing interviews. Both the manager and the assistant manager were doing interviews, I was interviewed by the assistant manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BookHolders.

Interview

Call and harass them so they get to you. The interview is short and they hire almost everyone as there is high turnover since the job is so bad/seasonal

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BookHolders (Tampa, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

There was a simply interview process. I was called in for interview after sending resume online. I was asked simply questions then just had a conversation about life then was offered the job.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BookHolders.

Interview

It starts off as a standard interview process.
    They call and schedule an interview.
    You go in for a first interview.
    A second interview was scheduled and then before it begins they will show/teach you how to do some employee tasks and then test you on it after the interview.

Interview Questions

• They ask a standard list of questions most likely downloaded from the internet. Nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question