Boostability Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boostability Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.4

Product Manager Interview

Interview

While the one person I spoke with was decently professional, I was disappointed to find the reason for my removal from consideration was my asking salary. They advertised the role at $55k-$80k. Being that I have really solid experience, a good company brand backing my resume, and know what I'm doing in product, I asked for $80k.

At first, they were accepting of that figure. They had me do the lame video interview, but from there, I was never asked to speak with someone again. I was told, however, they were going to schedule a time for me to meet with the hiring manager. About a week after I was told that, I received a voicemail indicating they didn't believe my background matched my requested salary figure. For starters, it's none of their business to tell me I'm not worth what I'm asking for. This is so incredibly offensive.

What's worse, however, is the real reason they chose to say that. When I called back to speak with the recruiter about this odd voicemail I had received, I was told that I would likely get bored in the role as apparently it was more of an entry level position and that they just couldn't justify my required salary. Confused, I reminded them they had posted $80k. She was unrelenting in her assertion that I would get bored. Without a better explanation from the organization, I assume what's going on here, and based on another PM interview review, is they found candidates who were willing to accept the $55k figure (maybe even less). This also tells me that employee investment is low at Boostability. They'd rather get cheap employees than good employees.

I was told they'd keep me in mind for senior level product roles but I have no confidence in them being able to pay competitively for such a role. In the end, they lost out on someone who could've really done some cool things on their team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boostability (Lehi, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty good -- they moved quick and got me in to see all the right people. The HR rep was very helpful. I started with a video recording interview; was asked to come in to meet with the hiring manager in person; then was asked to come back in to meet with the hiring manager, a peer, and three of the founders. They made me an offer quickly, I asked for a little more, I thought we arrived at some salary and benefits concessions, I signed an offer, and then they decided to rescind the offer.

Interview Questions

• The video recording, hiring manager, and founders all had some good questions which I won't spoil here. Study the position you're applying for and think about the interactions between that role and the other departments.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boostability (Lehi, UT).

Interview

The first round was by a recording using a webcam. The practice questions were helpful. I liked the fact that all candidates would be asked the same questions. It was also convenient for me to do the interview whenever I had time.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what the most important qualities of a product developer would be.   1 Answer

Boostability Response

Jan 12, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thanks for the feedback! It's nice to hear that it was a pleasant experience for you!

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lindon, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boostability (Lindon, UT).

Interview

This is a long one. They called one Friday morning around 9 am to set up the interview for the following Monday. I spent the remainder of the day calling the two numbers I was provided trying to reschedule for Tuesday due to travel reasons. I left multiple voicemails and emails withing business hours. No response. I fly a redeye to Utah on Sunday night, not knowing if I need to come in for the interview on Monday. I finally received a response 3 hours before my scheduled interview time, and thankfully rescheduled the interview. On Tuesday morning, I get a call saying they had filled the position and I no longer needed to come in. Somehow, between when they called me to schedule my interview (Friday at 9 am) and the time when they canceled the interview (Tuesday at 9:30 am), they had filled the position.

TL;DR: I spent $700 on lodging and airfare to come to Utah for an interview. They canceled my interview on the day of the interview, saying they had already filled the position.

Interview Questions

• Make sure to ask them to comp your airfare before traveling.   Answer Question

Boostability Response

May 4, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

All of our positions at Boostability we hire for in-state. If we ever come across a candidate that is out of state, we follow up with them to make sure they are relocating to Utah before we get... More

Website Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lindon, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boostability (Lindon, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Digital video interview through HireVue. It was roughly 6 questions with 30 seconds to prepare for each question. Most of the questions were past experience oriented. They really want to know if your past experience matches what you will be doing.

Interview Questions

• What has been one of the biggest success you have achieved in regards to websites?   Answer Question

Onsite Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boostability (Orem, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Hirevue interview, followed by call and then single personal interview. Asked general questions, typical interview format. Hirevue is a laugh, but it's business that is looking to hire college students.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What are your skills and abilities? Casual talk about casual things.   Answer Question

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boostability (Lehi, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

There is an initial pre-recorded video interview where you use online software to record your responses to questions. It was a lot of fun, especially since Boostability likes to include fun questions about your likes. Then, you might get an in-person interview. The Lehi office is very impressive and the people were very nice.

Interview Questions

• All the normal professional questions, but the fun question was "What's your favorite superhero?"   Answer Question

Article Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boostability (Orem, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

2 interviewers basically looking for if you have the discipline to do mine numbing work for hours on end. They position themselves to seem that they are looking for technical skills, but the role is essentially a waste of time if you are looking for a position where you can learn.

Website Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lindon, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boostability (Lindon, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

Received a canned email from a corporate recruiter almost immediately after applying.

It went something like this:

Thank you for your application to the position of Website Copywriter.

We're excited that you're interested in working on our Website Copywriter team here at Boostability.

We'd like to invite you to participate in a digital interview. It's the first step in the process and we need you to do this within the next 72 hours. The interview takes 20 minutes and by the time it's done you'll be like "really!? That was it?"

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself. Tell us a little about your career goals and why you'd want to work at Boostability.   Answer Question
    • Discuss your previous job experience. Begin with your most current job and tell us about your job responsibilities and key accomplishments.   Answer Question
    • Please describe a typical work day. What might your calendar look like? How do you manage your calendar? What changes are you trying to put in place to be more efficient with your time?   Answer Question
    • As a website content specialist you often will have the opportunity to revise and edit content for our clients. For this question we are providing you with sample content that needs revised and edited. Please revise and edit the following content.   Answer Question
    • Please describe a time you had a conflict with a coworker. What did you do to help resolve the conflict and what was the result?   Answer Question

Website Content Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boostability in May 2016.

Interview

It was a quite lame first interview. Call me old fashioned.. or maybe just personable, but I don't dig the robo-interview thing. They send you and email exclaiming how lucky you are to get an interview. "Your resume matches what we're looking for!" it says, more or less. But actually they just send it out to everyone. Because all they're inviting you to do is answer recorded questions that you respond to with your webcam. HireView is the robo service they use. And it's weird. Save yourself the indignity and request a real interview. You know? With a real person.

Interview Questions

• "To start off," says Mr. Robo Man, "tell us about yourself and why you want to work here."   Answer Question
    • Tell us how you organize your day. (Then later a second similar question)   Answer Question
    • How would you settle an issue with your supervisor? Give an example of a conflict you had with a fellow employee and how your resolved it.   Answer Question
    • We have this crazy fun place to work that gives discounted snacks and free soda. We wanna make sure you're cool, so do a little dance for us in front of your webcam. (Actually, this isn't a real question, but you feel that way when talking to computer screen)   Answer Question
    • Tell us how you would be the BEST PERSON (huh?) for the job.   Answer Question