Cover image for Boostability

Join the conversation on

Advertising

138K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Boostability~370483
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Boostability? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Boostability employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Boostability and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great value company

May 16, 2022 - Client Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great training opportunity Great team and leaderships Stick to their values They give you opportunity to grow

Cons

I have worked less than a year there and have not found any issues

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Culture, Horrible Pay. Good for College Kids

Jan 12, 2023 - SEO Specialist in Orem, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

This job is amazing for college students. Flexible schedule, fun culture, perks, incentives, etc. People are nice and company parties were fun. I loved the birthday celebrations and monthly company meetings where they always had food. Again, perfect for starving college students, and the company seems to know that.

Cons

This job is not good for anyone seriously looking to work in SEO for their career. Their approach to marketing is conveyor-belt-style, meaning they have you doing one specific task (i.e. keyword research) and that's all you do, day in and day out. You never learn more about other SEO skills or tools. Because of that, this company is definitely not the place to be if you eventually want to find a better job in SEO and leave with a tool belt of skills and experience. I managed to get another job doing the full range of SEO deliverables including technical, content, onsite opts, competitor analysis, etc., but it's a miracle I was able to because I came out of Boostability with so few marketable skills. Overall, this can be a great college job or introduction to the world of SEO, but it's not the full experience. Aside from that, the pay is terrible. They keep people at hourly so as to not provide benefits as much as possible. Raises are tiny and only come if you complete way more than you're expected to. And this causes a huge problem with quality of work because everyone is just trying to get as much done as possible to earn perks.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. Join the Boostability team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good place

Feb 1, 2023 - Ad Ops Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture was on point

Cons

Pay left much to be desired

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Culture, Awful Pay

Dec 29, 2022 - Mentor in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Boostability does a lot to make people feel included and has a lot of activities — if you go into the office.

Cons

The pay for fulfillment is awful. We literally create the deliverable product for the client, but make the least pay at the company. Boostability is a tech company that claims not to be so that they don't have to pay us tech company prices. The only other thing it could be is a marketing firm, which would also pay better than they do. Benefits package sounds good on the surface, but the cheaper health plan still has a $1.5k deductible for a single person. If you have health problems, that isn't going to cut it at our pay rate.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Overall, Boostability Does Not Walk The Talk

Jul 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Boostability has decent benefits, and a lot of the positions have flexible work hours, which can be nice for work/life balance. They also make an honest effort to make sure that all the members of each team have the opportunity to spend time together and get to know each other. If you value interpersonal relationships with your coworkers above anything else, Boostability might be a good fit for you. Management does seem to genuinely believe in the importance of the services they provide to their customers as well.

Cons

The expectations are high, but the pay, raises, and bonuses are all quite low (there are full-time employees who do not meet the minimum income requirements to rent a one-bedroom apartment in the area). The pay (at least for some positions) is far below the national average for the type of work. Additionally, Boostability does not offer raises that keep up with inflation. There are biannual performance reviews, and the rubric has the equivalent of an A++, yet management does not reward their employees for meeting these near impossible standards. For some perspective: I have received higher raises from fast food jobs than I got at Boostability (after the same length of employment and after similarly positive performance reviews). Essentially, Boostability does not walk the talk. If management did not spend so much time bragging about how much they donate to charity, how healthy their company culture is, and how good their benefits are, I would not have an issue with how they handle employee wages.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing People and Culture

Jul 14, 2022 - SEO Specialist in Orem, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved my time at Boostability. I had amazing managers and felt like I was able to learn SEO at a comfortable pace. If you are looking for experience and to grow your resume, Boostability is a great place to do so. The culture was a culture of growth, transparency, positivity, and empowerment. Managers seem to really care about the individuals going up as high as the CEO. Highly recommend working here if you are entry level and ready to learn about SEO, which can lead to a pretty lucrative career.

Cons

Pay was not as competitive as it should've been, especially compared to the cost of living in Utah. There’s not much incentive to stay long term because if it.

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Underpaid & undervalued, but I love my team

Feb 11, 2022 - Mentor in Provo, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people on my team are excellent, and that’s been true across multiple teams. I love the people I work with directly, and right now, I love my direct manager as well. The benefits aren’t too bad actually, and the company has a really good HSA match if you are paying for insurance Remote work is also a plus

Cons

The company hired someone to see if we were being paid fairly and concluded that we are, claiming that since we’re not a “tech company” they can’t pay us like tech companies. He never actually could define what kind of company we are, and the number of complaints about pay point to him being wrong about the fairness for what the company asks of us. The amount Boost pays is not enough to raise a family or buy a house on—I’m baffled by how many parents work here and how some people are able to buy houses. Consistently, the people who are most happy about the company just got out of food/retail—but many of the job postings ask for a bachelor’s degree (although that is shifting due to pushback). I suppose that could be a pro: it’s better than food service

7 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee

BEST. COMPANY. EVER.

Mar 24, 2022 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for Boostability for over 7 years and it's been the best experience. As a self-motivated, determined person, I've been able to work hard and land the job of my dreams. Boostability loves to hire from within and is willing to take a chance on you if you show that you have the skillset they're looking for. The workplace is fun and inviting. Over the years, I have made a ton of lasting friendships because they hire people who care, want to succeed, and wish the best for those around them. I also love the leadership here. They really care about their employees and that's proven with the difficult decisions they have to make on a daily basis. This is a team that's become a work family. Differing opinions, diverse people, and a lot of love. I would highly recommend (and I constantly highly recommend) Boostability to anyone. It's a place where you can make the experience whatever you want.

Cons

Can't think of any. They're the best!

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Micromanaged and undervalued

Mar 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-not bad health benefits -great immediate team -sometimes you can win gift cards and stuff by participating in things HR sets up

Cons

-not paid for the value you bring to the company (and the semi-annual raises are meager--compare to food service) -even though it's remote, you have to stay in state, and rent and home prices have skyrocketed (while pay has not) -culture can get toxic when understaffed (which is often because of high overturn) -upper management can get micromanage-y -communication often breaks down across teams -lots of important projects get shelved because there's not enough time to get them done AND do all the work for the clients -sometimes projects get reshuffled instead, but since everyone is overworked and always behind, this does little to help matters

8 people found this review helpful
  11. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Whole company is based on their private blog network

Oct 28, 2022 - Anonymous in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Always paid me on time

Cons

They will say they don't have a private blog network, but they do.

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 365 Reviews
</>Embed

Boostability Reviews FAQs

Boostability has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 377 reviews left anonymously by employees. 56% of employees would recommend working at Boostability to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Boostability employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Boostability. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

56% of Boostability employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Boostability 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Boostability to be benefits, career development, culture and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Boostability Job Seekers