BorgWarner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BorgWarner Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BorgWarner.

Interview

fast and straighforward. I was interviewed by the HR rep, the hiring manager, and an employee. The interview was on a Friday, and I got an offer on Monday. It was pretty smooth, and not all that stressful.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BorgWarner (Ithaca, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

In short- I am led to believe that this company "ghosts." And that is a terrible thing to do.

The HR rep that contacted me about my scheduled interview gave me a date but named the wrong day, following up after the confusion I learned that she went away on vacation. This was a disaster. After panicking and trying reaching someone else I was able to eventually go to the interview. I felt that I interviewed well, they told me I would hear back in a week or two. I haven't heard back by email or phone, and I reached out to three seperate HR reps via email following up. It's been 3 weeks now. With that being said, I believe this company ghosts, and that is terrible.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BorgWarner (Auburn Hills, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

very laid back, personal. Two of the people were present of the interview, and the manager was calling in to the interview. They started the interview by a nice little conversation that broke the ice very well

Interview Questions

Interview

I interviewed at Borg Warner earlier this year for an engineering co - op. I had a phone interview with HR and two engineers at the same time. They clearly had my resume in front of them and asked me questions directly related to projects/experiences described on my resume. None of the questions were very explicitly technical, more about how I resolved problems, how I led people, how I handled tough work schedules etc. However, one of the engineers did ask me to expand on technical details of my project, but nothing too specific or difficult.

This was my only interview, two days after which I received a co op offer.

Interview Questions

• Why did you design this part completely by yourself rather than in a team?   1 Answer
    • Do you prefer managerial (leadership) roles, or prefer to work on a single specific design project?   Answer Question
    • How did you overcome a specific challenge?   Answer Question

Interim Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BorgWarner (DeKalb, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Great people, really nice. The process was fast and efficient within 2 weeks I had a response. They were really helpful and open. I highly recommend BorgWarner as the place you start your career.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BorgWarner (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview was with hiring manager and her boss. HR was only involved for scheduling. Very nice individuals and wanted the interview to be open conversation and in a relaxed fasion

Interview Questions

• Resume run down
      Examples of past experience
      Strength and weaknesses
      What would your coworker say about you
      They asked heavily about Capex experience since this was part of the need
      what have you done that you wish you could do better   Answer Question

ECU Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BorgWarner (Auburn Hills, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

This was my first full time job interview and yet went well. I had 30 minutes with each person interviewing me. It was the guy that would be my boss, an HR guy and a technical lead. They were all really nice and asked me basic interview questions and made sure I'd be prepared for the position. Then they asked if I had any questions. They didn't ask any tough technical questions and their reason was that they understand I will be coming in with little experience and they figured it would be a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time that good communication ended in a good result (or something like that).   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is my first full time job and in the interview they asked what I would expect as pay, I didn't really know what to say but I did a little bit of research before I went there just in case and I think that is why they offered me my minimum rather than countering lower.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BorgWarner (Detroit, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

just talk with two people for an hour. first introduce each other, than they introduce there company and what they do. than talk about you resume; than ask you some question, than do you have any question?

Interview Questions

• give me an example that you spontaneously do something by yourself.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BorgWarner (Oxford, MS) in March 2016.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. I went to the career fair on campus that morning. I got a call for a interview that afternoon. They asked me to go there for a interview that afternoon. The interview was short, about 20 mins. Two of them was there and they did not even ask any of my experiment, but straight to the academic and skills.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BorgWarner.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward and very relaxed. Asked standard questions to gauge your experience level and communication/leadership skills. It did take a while for the phone interview to be set up but once it was setup the whole process from interview to offer took only 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project in which you faced adversity and how did you handle it.   Answer Question