Boston Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Analytics Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Analytics

2.9

Associate Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Analytics (New Delhi (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

Was like regular interview.Guesstimates,domain related questions and business stats.Followed by question relating to my resume.General knowledge questions (was there in my CV) one quiz and general HR questions like "Why should we hire you and tell us something about yourself.

Interview Questions

• How to remove seasonality from data?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Analytics (Mumbai (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

1st Round- A telephonic Interview where I was asked to assess the total revenue of McDonalds in India.
    The Interviewer was very rational and his assessment criteria was based on how I derived on the final figure, assumptions made to arrive at the final revenue figure

2nd Round - A face to face interview. It was the most unexpected and a very casual interview where the interviewer looked very uninterested and kept working on his laptop all the while - giving an impression that he was not interested/ or bothered to listening to me through out the interview. He came across as the most non creative interviewer as well, where he asked me to solve a case study (Not himself sure what a case study is because he did not provide me nay material or data to create a hypothesis). he asked me to derive the number of economic times copy in India (considering he saw me reading economic times at the reception when he said hi to me). Second so called case study was to assess the number of office chairs sold in India (Again because we were sitting on one of those). I solved both the case studies and clearly explained the assumptions made in both the case studies (which I assume he did not understand because he was working on his laptop, sharing no eye contact, at times asking me sorry I missed what you said).

The Interviewer looked very casual and was not professional or serious about his job as an interviewer. His questions were not specific about the numbers that I had assumed which showed lack of clarity on the so called case study he had given to me and also the lack of understanding of constraints of a case study like this.

After sitting in front of the interviewer and talking to thin air, I realised that the culture of the company was very casual. The Interviewers attitude reflected that the employees were not very professional and took upon any task given to them (in this case, that of Interviewing) without any proper assessment approach evident by lack of any documentation done during the interview. The interviewer depended largely on his gut instincts and failed to come across as a manager with a clear agenda. Though he topped the chart in being over confident, unprofessional and a bit cocky as well.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing in the interview that was difficult. If you understand the case based interview you will be able to nail it. Only if you have an interviewer who listens to you and communicates to you with clear agenda. I still believe that most of the interviewers are not like that and you should assume that the interviewer is there to help you.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Analytics (Mumbai (India)) in March 2009.

Interview

I was asked to assess the organized retail pizza market in India

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Analytics.

Interview

Easy process, general hr questions and viewpoint of the industry. Future goals, background check. Past projects and the analytical tools aware of. Case study with the senior manager. Weakness and Strength . Example where you showed your leadership skills.

Interview Questions

• What application of your subject will be in your analyst role   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Analytics.

Interview

The interview process was opaque with actual job very diff from what was reflected in the interview process. There were multiple rounds but most of th equations were repetitive. The final round was with the senior management which was the most difficult to crack.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous experience and had some insightful questions about the industry.   1 Answer

Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boston Analytics in September 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, who scheduled a skype interview with VP. Did 2 rounds with him. Asked me to prepare a presentation on one of the relevant topics. So first 2 rounds were on my core skills.

Next round (on skype) was with CFO, who was more concerned about compensation and my intention to join.

Final round (on skype) with CEO, who again checked my intentions, cultural fit etc.

Interview Questions

• On Consulting skills, Domain knowledge, Presentation skills, Motivation to join   1 Answer

Freelance Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Analytics (Mumbai (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for this job online and within a day got a response followed by editing test. I very well attempted the test and got a positive reply from the HR within two days. I was offered a quote and I accepted the offer.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Analytics (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Multi step process with strong hiring criteria and structured interview process. It starts with HR call, followed up by telephonic round with manager, in person interview by manager, VP and CXO. The hiring is typical of consulting firm with case study question, client handling ability, psychometric test and knowledge test. Overall you can expect a thorough evaluation of skill sets and interest level check. Show your desperation to join the firm and they are equally desperate to take you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join a start up   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Analytics (Mumbai (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

4 rounds on interview with one face to face discussion with executive team. Begins with basic knowledge of industry you specialize in. Then dig deeper into specific issues. Second interview will be around strategy consulting experience and understanding what you can bring to the team. Third round is participative solutioning, extensive questioning around strategy, case studies, experiences and guiding directions for the industry practice. Final round will involve more of 'fit measurement' interview and your expectations from the job.

Interview Questions

BA was one of the options for me. I got a better offer from a better firm (one of the top 5 consulting firms)

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Analytics.

Interview

Easy and crisp

Negotiation

No negotiation. I agreed to their package