Boston College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2017

2.6

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boston College (Boston, MA).

Interview

I went through a recruiter. I had 2 calls with the recruiter, then a call scheduled with the hiring manager which was cancelled 3 times. Then I was told they decided not to move forward. Then I was contacted 2 days later saying they would like to move forward and had a call scheduled with the hiring manager. I was asked to code a sample project (being a role for a coder). The project instructions were to create a "fresh and modern design". I'm not a designer, and the role was note described as a design role, so I coded it in a fresh way, but left the design as is. I was not asked to move forward after that because they were expecting a better design. So they got a free project out of it.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston College.

Interview

Lots of questions about your personal qualities and experience working with others and why you would be a good fit for this role which werent actually super pertinent to the job but the questions themselves were easy to answer

Program Manager (Health & Safety) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston College in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed over the phone.
    The hiring manager asked very standard interview questions pertaining to the job. However, after being told that I would hear back from someone regarding the hiring decision within a couple of weeks, I have not been contacted. I sent the appropriate thank you notes, and follow-up email but I have not heard anything.

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston College.

Interview

I applied to a position in the IT space. Met many of the people I would be working with and they were great. I was told that a decision would be made in a month. I contacted the director and he said he would check on the status. A month later I emailed him for an update and never got a response. If I didn't get a position, that's fine but an email saying I didn't get it would have been much more professional than silence.

Interview Questions

• standard questions - background, what you like about the position   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston College.

Interview

After an email exchange, and submitting my resume I was asked to come in for an interview within the week. The interview lasted half an hour, and I was notified promptly.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston College, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston College (Boston College, MA).

Interview

The interview process consisted of an online application with general background/involvement experience and an essay question on why I would like to became an RA. Followed by a group interview and an individual interview conducted by two professionals. The group interview was very activity based and seemed to focus more on how we can work and coordinate as a group, interestingly, current RA's were the ones who evaluated you during this portion. The individual interview was 1-on-1 but really2-on-1 as there were two professionals that asked specific questions about your experience with leadership and organizing roles as well as behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one new thing you would do or implement as an RA?   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much room for negotiation for location not pay as it is quite standardized. I would say that you should have an idea of where you would like to be placed and a good reason as to why THEY would want you there - think outside of the box!

Stuart Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston College.

Interview

They just to get to know you and to see if you're committed. They just want as many students to help out as possible, they are really great in trying to work out your class schedule

Student Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston College in July 2015.

Interview

The interview itself was easy. I met with the director and he was nice; we had a great conversation and he told me more about the position. He asked very standard interview questions and it was not difficult. However, after being told that I would hear back from someone in HR regarding the hiring decision within a few days, I was never contacted. I don't mind not being offered a position - I understand that there are many eligible candidates, but I do mind taking the time to come in for an interview, sending the appropriate thank you notes, and then never hearing anything. I think it's extremely rude and poor form. Come on BC, I expected much better from you.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston College (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

What are current and future faculty demographics? Pay rates? Type of appointments? Comparisons to the national levels?Are there issues involving academic freedom present in the state? Are there statewide union issues?

Interview Questions

• What do you think of your future?   1 Answer

Tennis Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston College (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I met with Daryl for an interview before Summer of 2015. The entire interview was very comfortable and Daryl assessed my skills and experience with tennis while describing the entirety of what the position as tennis instructor would entail. This was a very helpful experience and reassured my fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with tennis?   1 Answer