KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Boston Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 42 of over 42 interviews

In Person12%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Boston Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Boston Public Schools

Interview

the interview process was fine. i have no new things to add.the only reason i am still typing is beacause of the thiry word minimum. i think i just made it an can stop typing now.

Boston Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Boston Public Schools

Interview

Excellent, the interviewer was approachable and the process was very regimented, the technical part was somewhat challenging but necessary since that what it takes to get the job done. The coding was done in Python.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here?
    1 Answer

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,930

973 Comments

Join the conversation on

Boston Public Schools

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Boston Public Schools in Dec 2021

Interview

The interviewers communicated regularly and were very good about lowering the interview barriers by sending interview questions and prep materials beforehand. The second interview required a lot of prep within 3 days, e.g. writing a meeting agenda + resources. From talking to interviewers and reviewing resource materials, it was clear that there was no plan for the BCHS project. The way that interviewers talked about the project in relationship to schools were concerning, especially since there were little to no concrete groundwork done with schools.

Interview Questions
  • – Tell us a story about a time that you supported a student and/or a family in the past. Who did you collaborate with and what was the impact on that student or family? – What skills are you excited to bring to this work? Part 1, Performance Task: You are the Community Hub School Coordinator at one of our Boston Community Hub Schools (please select one of the schools from the profiles provided). You are planning an hour-long community meeting hosted on zoom. The purpose of the meeting is to give attendees a general overview of the Boston Community Hub School strategy and get their buy-in around bringing this new mindset to their school. Please be prepared to share documents that demonstrate your planning for this meeting in alignment with the Racial Equity Planning tool (see resources above), the full meeting agenda and any materials you would be sharing with participants. Please plan to facilitate 10 minutes of the meeting (whichever 10 minutes you prefer) with the interview committee acting as the attendees. Part 2, Questions: Please be prepared to answer the following questions: – During an administrative team meeting, your school leader shares that 60 students are at risk of being held back a grade because they have been absent more than 25 days this school year. What factors do you believe have contributed to this scenario? What do you think your role is in addressing the issue? What sustainable solution would you offer and how would you come to that conclusion? Who would you include in the process? – This role requires you to facilitate conversations regarding race, ethnicity, racism, culture, and racial equity. A parent informs you that they feel that one of the partner programs serving their child during the school day utilizes racist practices and curriculum. How would you address this situation? Who would you include? How would you facilitate a conversation about this scenario? What aspects of this part of the work do you think will be most challenging for you? – This role requires a dynamic person who can build and maintain positive, trusting relationships with all parties to support collaboration. This role will also require you to leverage resources that empower students and families to lead sustainable solutions. To launch this work, each school community will have $17,000 in Catalyst Funds. Please walk us through how you would engage families in a participatory process to determine how to use these funds and what that process would look like. Part 3, Sharing Your Work: We believe that Boston is a resource-rich city with systems that create inequities and barriers to access for many students and families in Boston Public Schools. A key part of this role is being able to think critically and strategically about the systems that impact our students and families and how to best support the organization of assets and resources in service of students’ individual and collective academic success and wellbeing. Please share one or more artifacts (no more than 3) that showcase the work that you have done in the following areas related to the position of Boston Community Hub School Coordinator: Coordinating Resources/Partnerships Community Organizing and Engagement Creating Systems for Sustainability Training Please take this opportunity to highlight your knowledge of Boston and it's resources.

Boston Public Schools

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boston Public Schools in Aug 2021

Interview

One interview. Almost an hour long exactly. Included normal interview questions relating to the position as well as a mock trial that you must perform. They just want to make sure you know what you are doing as this is a fairly independent role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Boston Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Boston Public Schools

Interview

Super nice interviewer! Seems like a great district, they know their stuff and ask great questions. They were kind and considerate and open to explaining mentor programs and district policies.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Boston Public Schools

Application

I interviewed at Boston Public Schools

Interview

Phone interview first. Next was an in person interview with a team of instructors/students. Finally a demo lesson in front of a class of students in the school, with prep with the class teacher beforehand.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Boston Public Schools

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Public Schools in Sep 2020

Interview

After submitting an initial application and completing a substitute teaching certification course which took a couple of hours to complete, I had a short interview on zoom that took around 15 minutes. I was offered a position shortly after.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Public Schools (Boston, MA) in Aug 2020

Interview

Great interviewers, timely in their response. Even though I didn't get the job, it was demonstrated that my time and experience were valued. The job was interesting and I got a full explanation for all my questions. People were polite and the questions were very pertinent to the position.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in this position?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I interviewed at Boston Public Schools (Boston, MA)

Interview

Interview process took a few weeks. Began with setting it up via e-mail then interview (about an hour long) with another SLP and Special Ed coordinator. Took place via Zoom. Longer than normal interview timeline as I interviewed in the early spring time

Interview Questions
  • Can you provide us with one or two materials you use in therapy with your students?

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Public Schools (Boston, MA) in May 2020

Interview

I applied to the early hiring pool in March. I then was able to apply to several jobs throughout the district. I received an email asking for an interview. I then interviewed with teachers and administrators (twice). I was then offered the position the following week.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Interviews

Boston Public Schools Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Boston Public Schools as 66.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.95 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Teacher, Secondary School and Data Analyst rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Substitute Teacher and Teacher roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Boston Public Schools takes an average of 36 days when considering 41 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Teacher, Secondary School had the quickest hiring process (on average 22 days), whereas Data Analyst roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 90 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Boston Public Schools according to 41 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 23.40%