Bournemouth University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bournemouth University Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bournemouth University

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bournemouth University (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was clear but not quick. It seemed fair at the time but subsequently I've seen inconsistencies in the way people are short listed which concerns me and I decided my career future is no longer st the University.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations not possible as pay is on a set scale regardless of previous experience.

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bournemouth University (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I submitted the online application and then was waiting for about 5 working days to get the email of invitation to the assessment day. After that, I got the offer.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bournemouth University (Bournemouth, England (UK)).

Interview

I had to give a short 10' presentation on a set subject to an audience and then an interviewed followed. The panel was 3 men, very serious. They didn't ask me any interesting questions. Just on how I would organise the teaching modules and about my degrees and research. I started telling them what kind of research I have been involved into, and the most junior panel guy who was supposed to be my "peer" interrupted me by saying "no, just tell me about your PhD research". I have done a lot of research before and after my PhD, and I felt that a) it was rude to interrupt and b) it was unfair to portray me as a limited researcher.

I could feel that they seemed bored and that the whole interview thing didn't mean anything to them. I believe that the job was already given to their preferred candidate and that I was part of a charade.

I didn't get the post. I asked for feedback very politely through email and was referred to the head of the panel, who was the Head of the Faculty. He WOULDN'T give me written feedback! He told me to call him, but he wouldn't pick up the phone, and then through email gave stupid excuses about taking some days off. Promised to ring me back, never did.

TIME WASTERS.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your research   1 Answer