Bowie State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:

Academic Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bowie State University (Bowie, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

There was a panel of interviewers who were themselves academic advisers all with scripted questions. it seems like all candidates interviewed were asked the same question. Each interviewer asked the same question and recorded a score upon listening to your response. They were somewhat mechanical in asking the questions.

Interview Questions

• What were some of the projects you worked on? Describe a specific project in which you made difference, made a significant input and describe the outcomes resulting from its implementation.What do you know about Bowie State University?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They stated the offer and i accepted.

Porter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bowie State University.

Interview

Very easy, staff was friendly. Very straightforward, and received update in the timeframe that was mentioned at interview. I would recommend applying for a position with this employer. From the time of the setup for the interview date through the interview and next steps was pretty fast.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult moment how did you resolve issue?   Answer Question

Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bowie State University (Bowie, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

I was assigned to work for a department at the school, as a class requirement for one of my courses. I was interviewed by the head of the department who already knew my background and we went straight into the need of the project.

Interview Questions

• If i was able to provide a solution to their problems   1 Answer

Writing Center Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bowie State University (Bowie, MD).

Interview

There was a 20 minute phone interview in which they asked 5-6 questions, then three candidates were chosen for second interviews on campus. I was asked to prepare a 10-15 minute presentation about my vision for the future of the writing center, I was given a campus tour, I met the chair of the department, and I was interviewed with two faculty members. I thought I did pretty well on the presentation, but I think I may have sputtered on a few of the interview questions. When it came time for my questions, the faculty members who interviewed me weren't entirely sure about some details of the position, such as whether it was 10 or 12 month since it was a staff position. They referred me back to the department chair if I wanted that information. Benefits were never discussed, and I couldn't find thorough information on HR's website (such as number of days of leave or details about health insurance). It also wasn't clear if this was a contingent or non-contingent position.

I was told at the end of the interview that a decision would be made in about two weeks, and I'd be notified either way. A month went by and I heard nothing, so I sent an email to follow up and was told another candidate had been selected and accepted the position. Really? When were they planning on telling me? I liked the department chair a lot and I could tell he had the best interests of the writing center in mind, so I'm sure the candidate they selected is the best suited for the position. However, when someone puts time and effort into researching an institution and coming for a campus interview to give a presentation, it's common courtesy to let them know ASAP about the outcome. I'm miffed about the unprofessional behavior there.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with/have experience with grant writing?   1 Answer
    • What is your management style and can you give an example?   1 Answer

Writing Center Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bowie State University (Bowie, MD).

Interview

A good while after applying I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was pleasant and around 20-25 minutes long. The questions were pretty standard and general, but not difficult. I enjoyed speaking with the committee, and a couple days later I was contacted via phone to come in for an in-person interview.

The campus interview was really disorganized. I was never given a schedule of where I needed to be. I was supposed to meet with the Dean and no one ever took me to see the Dean or instructed me when or where that was supposed to happen. The classroom demo was given to students who were forced to be there for the summer and were super unhappy. There were large periods of time where I was just waiting somewhere on my own because the interview committee was so disorganized. The people I met were friendly enough and I enjoyed meeting them, but to go through a 4 hour interview and be told I would be informed either way of their decision, and then to never hear anything back, is extremely rude, thoughtless, and unprofessional on their part. I feel like they already had a walk-in for the position and the whole interview was a sham.

Interview Questions

• What are the strengths/unique qualities you could bring to the position?   Answer Question

Systems Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bowie State University in April 2009.

Interview

The interview process was the norm. The environment was condusive for exceling in Information Technology and other posible positions.