Brasfield & Gorrie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brasfield & Gorrie

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brasfield & Gorrie (New York, NY).

Interview

Met a few employees at the career fair at my university, had an interview with three of them the next day. They contacted me the following week and made me an offer over the phone.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brasfield & Gorrie (Kennesaw, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online after seeing the listing on multiple job sites. After submitting a resume and cover letter, I was contacted for an HR phone screen and then asked to submit an online application. A week later, I was called in for a face-to-face meeting with hiring manager. The second meeting was lunch with the team, and an offer was made later that day.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach and document subject matter for which you're unfamiliar?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not accept the first offer. I submitted a counter offer via email, and from there, the hiring manager and I had a lengthy phone conversation where we settled on a mutually agreeable package.

APM Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brasfield & Gorrie.

Interview

Interview consisted of meeting with 4 upper managers 1 on 1 for about at hour each. At the end of each hour, the interviewer or the recruiter would walk you to the next person's office.

Interview Questions

• If I walked into your bedroom what would it look like? Would it be very neat and well kept? Or would there be clothes on the floor? Drawers halfway open?   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brasfield & Gorrie (Clemson, SC).

Interview

The interview process was very enjoyable I met the recruiters at the career fair, gave them my resume and we talked briefly. When I got home I had received an email to sign up for an interview slot which was held on campus the next day. I was told the interview would be a two step process - My campus interview lasted about 30 min. and the next step is to go to one of the offices to interview with two additional managers.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you had to have a hard conversation with someone

What are your goals 5 and 10 years from now

The interview was behavioral and I had to give examples. It ended up just being a conversation.

What qualities do you have that set you apart from others.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brasfield & Gorrie.

Interview

Initial contact was made during a career fair. Second interview was in the corporate office. I went through 4 different interviewers, all whom asked questions related to their area of expertise. Questions were more geared toward the future vs what I had accomplished in the past. One interviewer did methodically go through my resume. All in all a very good experience and good group of people. Offer was presented several days later.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me to quantify accomplishments listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brasfield & Gorrie.

Interview

Interview was team with 5 persons. Looked at candidate from different perspectives. Process is not consistent between office and shop personnel. If you are a mechanic with a clean background and drug test you will get hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Interview

Interviewed first on campus and then had a second on site interview with both a project manager and cost estimator in their corporate office. The process went very quickly, I was told this was out of the ordinary for them, but greatly appreciated it.

Interview Questions

• Mostly typical questions, first interview seemed more like a conversation with typical weakness strength questions etc. Second interview more like tell me what you learned from this leadership position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brasfield & Gorrie (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Very standard interview process. Initial on-campus interview with the basic questions: What do you offer us? What is a your biggest accomplishment and failure?

Interview Questions

• How would you change the way you handled your biggest success?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brasfield & Gorrie (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

The hiring manager and a recent graduate from my school came to campus during the co-op interview day for the first interview. I was invited to a second interview in Atlanta where I interviewed with two Senior Project Managers, as well as another HR representative. They were very quick to notify my at each step, and responsive to all correspondence.

Interview Questions

• Why I chose civil engineering over construction science as my area of study.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brasfield & Gorrie (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

Had a interview at their Atlanta office. Met with a project engineer and a project manager for a fairly long interview. We discussed my interests in construction, my previous job experience and college involvement, as well as the potential position and whether or not I would be comfortable with the job. However, they took a long time to decline me and I had already accepted another offer by the time they got back to me.