Brenntag Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brenntag (Henderson, KY) in March 2018.

Interview

Simple general HR interview. Experience a must. Questions are designed to make sure that you have the right experience. Otherwise, questions are fairly general interview questions.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brenntag (Reading, PA) in January 2008.

Interview

Took forever for the interview/hiring process. Training consisted of 3 days before previous employee left. The only concern was the background check as they deal with chemicals.

Interview Questions

• I-series experience on a custom built system of which you could not possibly know the answers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

An absolute joke, promises made and broken. No contract, therfore no accountability for what was to happen yearly like raises & bonuses,

Interview

The interviews are very long. There is first a phone interview, which isn't so bad, but if they ask you to come for an office interview, you better bring a change of clothes! Every person in the office has to interview you, which is a nice idea, but not when the interview is pushing three or four hours. Some of the employees are really aggressive in the interview too. It's almost as if they don't want you to work there. Maybe they just have big egos. Besides that though, they definitely do a great job communicating what the day-to-day life is like, and what the expectations are. And I can't reiterate enough how nice these people are. They are super nice, just treat the interview process very seriously.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brenntag (Germantown, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews before the actual interview with the head of the department. HR was looking for someone with less experience than what the VP of Finance was. The interviewing process helped me discover what I was actually looking for in the next company I work for.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brenntag in July 2013.

Interview

Interview was by phone, Manager from Brenntag called me at appointed hour.

Interview Questions

• I was only asked whether I had used different technologies related to software they were using for software development.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brenntag.

Interview

Several interviews, some required flying to another location. Drug test.

Interview Questions

• Basic customer service and outside sales experience questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate as much as possible upfront because afterwards is a nightmare.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brenntag (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied to the vacancy on Brenntag's website. The manager of the local branch called me a few days later to schedule an interview. I met with her, one-on-one, at the branch's main office. The interview went very well. She said that the next step was to meet with the district manager. In the meantime, I completed a few online assessments that the company sent me. I arranged a meeting time with the district manager, but on my way to the second interview they called and told me the position had already been filled by another candidate who was further along in the process. A few days later, I received an email from them again. They said that the position was still open and requested that I meet with the district manager. We set a date, but then they had to reschedule it because his availability changed. When I arrived for the second interview, the person who I was supposed to meet with was not there. Instead I met with an executive who seemingly did not know who I was and had definitely not read my resume. I never heard back from Brenntag about the position. Overall this experience was disappointing. I politely endured the constant rescheduled meetings only to receive no response about my candidacy. The branch openly said that they had trouble finding qualified employees. I can understand why if they never bother to follow-up with applicants.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being the high-price supplier?
      Are you willing to move to the sales area?
      How do you organize sales calls?   Answer Question

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brenntag (Charlotte, NC) in February 2018.

Interview

This was a panel style interview with several interviewers from different departments popping during. I never heard back from the company even after sending a followup email to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What kind of chemicals have you dealt with in prior jobs?   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brenntag (Fresno, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Mostly they provided information about the position. A few questions about my experience. Critical info omitted about requirements, which changed AFTER I was offered the job and passed all screening and physical requirements.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brenntag.

Interview

1st phone screen
    2nd group interview-where you're the only candidate and several supervisors interview you at once
    3rd trial day - you shadow several reps on their day to day tasks where everyone judges you on if you'll be a right fit for the company or not.

I was offered the position but I was unable to start immediately. They told me in person (not writing) that they'd wait and the job was mine when I was ready. I emailed them to confirm a while later and was told the position had been filled.