Brenntag Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.6

Logistics and Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brenntag (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

After scheduling an interview on short notice, (I.e. same day), I was left waiting in the lobby for nearly 30 minutes (1st red flag). The interviewer had me do a "mock" cycle count with him, which I'm guessing was more of a receiver count as material had clearly arrived that day (count have been an on-hand count) (2nd flag). Towards the end of the interview, where the discussion turned towards benefits, the interviewer actually made the comment "that's a big nut" in regards to my current salary. (Flag 3, and glad no offer was extended). Company seemed like they were growing, but I'm not sure that I'd want to work in an environment where you're expected to be oncall 24/7 making an entry level salary.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable adopting new technology and training on that technology while expanding warehousing capabilities and incorporating use of local logistics modes?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brenntag (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied to the vacancy on Brenntag's website. The manager of the local branch called me a few days later to schedule an interview. I met with her, one-on-one, at the branch's main office. The interview went very well. She said that the next step was to meet with the district manager. In the meantime, I completed a few online assessments that the company sent me. I arranged a meeting time with the district manager, but on my way to the second interview they called and told me the position had already been filled by another candidate who was further along in the process. A few days later, I received an email from them again. They said that the position was still open and requested that I meet with the district manager. We set a date, but then they had to reschedule it because his availability changed. When I arrived for the second interview, the person who I was supposed to meet with was not there. Instead I met with an executive who seemingly did not know who I was and had definitely not read my resume. I never heard back from Brenntag about the position. Overall this experience was disappointing. I politely endured the constant rescheduled meetings only to receive no response about my candidacy. The branch openly said that they had trouble finding qualified employees. I can understand why if they never bother to follow-up with applicants.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being the high-price supplier?
      Are you willing to move to the sales area?
      How do you organize sales calls?
      Answer Question

Interview

The interviews are very long. There is first a phone interview, which isn't so bad, but if they ask you to come for an office interview, you better bring a change of clothes! Every person in the office has to interview you, which is a nice idea, but not when the interview is pushing three or four hours. Some of the employees are really aggressive in the interview too. It's almost as if they don't want you to work there. Maybe they just have big egos. Besides that though, they definitely do a great job communicating what the day-to-day life is like, and what the expectations are. And I can't reiterate enough how nice these people are. They are super nice, just treat the interview process very seriously.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brenntag (Germantown, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews before the actual interview with the head of the department. HR was looking for someone with less experience than what the VP of Finance was. The interviewing process helped me discover what I was actually looking for in the next company I work for.

Logist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brenntag (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

It was 1:1 interview with the operations manager, HR Manager, Office Director. They didn't have an interview process stablished. Several employees interviewed me. They asked simple questions about previous experience and my education background

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience
      Experience about chemical distribution
      Answer Question

Industrial Representative Interview

Interview

Applied online and got an invite for a phone interview one day later. The interview was basic HR and was pretty easy. No complicated questions asked. It was quite a long interview though and they said they would get back in a couple of weeks. Interview was conducted by the product line manager.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brenntag.

Interview

Several interviews, some required flying to another location. Drug test.

Interview Questions

• Basic customer service and outside sales experience questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate as much as possible upfront because afterwards is a nightmare.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brenntag (Reading, PA) in January 2008.

Interview

Took forever for the interview/hiring process. Training consisted of 3 days before previous employee left. The only concern was the background check as they deal with chemicals.

Interview Questions

• I-series experience on a custom built system of which you could not possibly know the answers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

An absolute joke, promises made and broken. No contract, therfore no accountability for what was to happen yearly like raises & bonuses,

Sales Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lutterworth, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Brenntag (Lutterworth, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Two stage - interview with Manager and then Senior Managers.
    The Manager interview was relaxed and he discussed my experience and the company to give me a full knowledge of the role.

Interview Questions

• They were interested in team management, and how I have managed teams of sales people in the past, areas and companies I had been familiar with.
      They were also interested in Sales technique and the types of products and customers I have sold to.
      1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brenntag (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in May 2014.

Interview

I already fill this information. I was contacted by HR, sent my resume, got a personal interview and contacted them again. Seems they don't have very clear what path they want to follow.
    The interview was easy and friendly. They want to restructure the full leadership at the site. Seems they have a lot ahead of them and need a very experienced person but, not sure if they want to invest in such a person.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult quesitons. Everything was very basic.   Answer Question