Bridgestone Americas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on the Bridgestone website, heard back from HR rep a couple of days after the job posting closed. Had an initial interview with HR rep, she basically just gave me an overview of the position and wanted to make sure I was still interested. We then set up a phone interview with the Engineering manager of the team. He was very nice, and very straightforward about the process and position. Asked questions about my resume and experience. After this interview I heard from HR rep about 1.5 weeks to set up final on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Met with some engineers from the team, and they asked behavioral questions. It seemed that they were more interested in how I work and my personality than my experiences. They wanted to see if I'd fit with the team.   Answer Question

Continuous Improvement Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by 3rd party recruiter and got a call from HR manager. After short conversation, I was invited to onsite interview at Carmel HQ.

Interview was mostly behavioral questions and walking through the resume and discussing experiences. I did not get the job but it wasn't a bad experience.

Frustrating part is getting my travel reimbursed. After the interview, I've filled out the travel reimbursement form and emailed it to my recruiter along with a thank you mail. After about a month, I followed up with the recruiter on the status. He said that it has been entered in the system and will be paid out the following day. 20 days later, I still haven't received my reimbursement so I emailed him again and no response. 13 days after that, I emailed him again and still waiting for a response.

I wish they never gave me a false statement that it was processed. It's been over a month yet I haven't seen anything.

Interview Questions

• Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement etc   Answer Question

Construction Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas (Nashville, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

I went through two phone interviews with separate people. The first interview was with a recruiter who after a successful interview refered me to another another interview with a member of Bridgestone's HR department.

About a week later I went through another interview where we discussed the Bridgestone cap exs department and at the end the HR department expressed interest in setting up a third interview, but due to the corporate office move they stated they would like to set up a third interview in two weeks. After the 2nd week I reached out to the person twice via email, then phone, and even Linkdin without a response.

After another two weeks of me reaching out without response I received an email response stating that the position has been given to another individual with no other description. I have written back asking for feedback. Currently no response

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty straight forward asking about previous projects, any additional qualifications (PMPs, Masters, certificates), salary range.

I went through two separate phone interviews, and after the second interview the interviewer expressed interest in setting up a third. then after several weeks with no response back to emails, phone calls, or Linkdin requests I was informed the position had been filled.   1 Answer

Junior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas (Akron, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I talked to them at Virginia Tech's career fair and had an on-campus interview the next day. They asked typical interview questions (what's your best strength, weakness, etc.) but I was able to answer all questions pretty easily. I thought the people at the career fair were really nice and easy to talk to.
    I got a call the next week from HR to schedule an on-site interview and then went to Akron about a month later. The on-site interview was far tougher than the on-campus one because I had a much harder time communicating with the three people interviewing me.
    I was interviewed by one engineer and two managers. They didn't ask the technical questions I thought I would get, and instead asked more interview-type questions (see below). I really had a hard time talking with the managers and overall, these three guys were the least friendly of everyone I talked to at Bridgestone or on campus.
    After about an hour of interviewing, I had a tour of the facilities (which was really cool) and lunch with a recent grad of VT. Everything and everyone was really nice from the experience except for the interview. I'm sure the guys that interviewed me are nice enough but the managers didn't seem like people I'd want to work for. The guy who gave me my tour and took me out to lunch did say he enjoyed his work and liked his boss though. All in all, Bridgestone seems like a better place to work than the reviews here might suggest, but I could see how there might be some issues that you wouldn't see until you're in the company.

Interview Questions

• As mentioned, I was interviewed by two managers and one engineer. Most of my questions were not very technical and there were two I remember that I struggled with: "Tell me about a time when you failed" and "how do you keep a schedule?" They weren't asked exactly like this and I was asked to use examples from specific work and school experiences which I didn't really have. It seemed like they were not really interested how good of an engineer or how smart I was. They wanted to know specifically how I did things which makes me wonder how much freedom I would have to get my job done the way I want to.   Answer Question

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas (Idaho Falls, ID) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process went smoothly. Took a little bit for them to get back with a response though. When they did they were in top of their game and making sure that the process was going smoothly and that they were there to answer questions.

Leadership Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas.

Interview

Mostly fast and organized. You will go through a video interview and then do an in person with an area manager and a partner. My interviewers were very friendly. It is not extremely important to be 100% professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.

Leadership Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas (Hartford, CT) in May 2014.

Interview

I first interviewed with the northeast district recruiter, who then set me up with the zone manager who then attempted to set me up with the zone assistant manager but was never able to meet. After several interviews and phone calls I interviewed with my branch manager to make sure I was a good fit. It was a tedious process but nothing that was seriously challenging.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas.

Interview

Met the recruiter at my University's career fair. He told me to then apply for the position online. A few weeks later I did an online skype interview. This interview was kind of difficult and uncomfortable because there was no one on the other side to give you feedback. Questions popped up on the screen and then you had 2 minutes to answer them. Your answer was then recorded and submitted and you did not have an option to redo. I then waited about 2 months and ended up having to contact the recruiter multiple times to get an answer of if I was able to move forward in the process. This was frustrating because I started to wonder if I would still have a summer job. Eventually a local Firestone manager called me and I came into the store for the interview and then was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you helped to improve a process.
      When did you have a problem working in a team and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Leadership Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

got one phone call to come into the local store, they hired me on the spot. I don't think my area was very competitive, everyone was very nice and welcoming though

Interview Questions

• What other internships are you looking at? Are we your first choice?   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas (Fayetteville, AR) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview and then moved onto a video interview. It is different from a Skype interview because you record your answers to the questions and submit them that way. You can only record them once and you are just talking to a screen so it is a little awkward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a negative experience you had while working in a team   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really any negotiations.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas (Eugene, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

Hiring process was simple, saw booth at a career fair. Interview was straight forward, pretty relaxed, not stressful. They were friendly and mostly wanted to get background on my leadership experience, ability to work in a team, things like that. Only took about fifteen minutes and I was done, got offered the job a couple days following it.

Interview Questions

• What's one time that you struggled working in a team and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer