Bridgestone Americas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on the Bridgestone website, heard back from HR rep a couple of days after the job posting closed. Had an initial interview with HR rep, she basically just gave me an overview of the position and wanted to make sure I was still interested. We then set up a phone interview with the Engineering manager of the team. He was very nice, and very straightforward about the process and position. Asked questions about my resume and experience. After this interview I heard from HR rep about 1.5 weeks to set up final on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Met with some engineers from the team, and they asked behavioral questions. It seemed that they were more interested in how I work and my personality than my experiences. They wanted to see if I'd fit with the team.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Applied for position and received an initial call to set up phone interview. After phone interview I was told that I would hear back in a couple weeks. Sent follow up email and never received a reply afterwards. Incredibly unprofessional.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter who asked if I had time to do the interview then. I said I did and he asked mostly behavioral questions. He told me that I did well and I would hear from him by the end of the week. However, he never called nor returned my messages/email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a conflict with one of your customers.   Answer Question

Multicraft Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrison, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas (Morrison, TN) in June 2017.

Interview

HR contacted for phone Technical Interview with a Maintenance Manger. Passed phone interview and scheduled site interview. Multiple candidates during first phase of interview with scenario based teamwork project. 150 question technical (Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical) multiple choice computer exam (study guides provided by HR). Human Resources 30 question oral interview followed by 1 on 1 technical oral interview. Comprehensive physical exam and physical test, drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Bridgestone and what qualities I had and why they should hire me.   Answer Question

Various Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas (Nashville, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screen followed by an on-site interview with several people from the department. Thorough process that included a diverse group of interviewers. Very knowledgeable about the needs of the company and the talent they were looking for. Thoughtful questions and great engagement throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you making the change at this point in your career?   Answer Question

Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas in April 2017.

Interview

Company seems to want cheapest labor possible over skills. Interviewed with 3 managers and all said they're losing people to competitors. Company does not seem to have clear direction where they are headed in the future.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem with working more than 40 hours?   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas.

Interview

Submitted resume online, was called a few days later for an in person interview. Sat down with HR and two engineering manager and discussed my qualifications. Afterwards there was a plant tour guided by one of the engineers

Interview Questions

• Describe your mechanical engineering knowledge. very vague question.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas (Buffalo, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

From the beginning of the process, they were so disorganized that I almost withdrew my application. But I decided to give the benefit of the doubt and stick it out. The recruiter set up my initial interview for the next day after our first contact and then disappeared for 8 days without a trace. He reappeared with several apologies saying he was busy with careeer fairs. After my initial interview, we agreed on a date and time for the second interview, which was to be virtual and he asked that I please dress in business attire, which I did. Four minutes before the second interview, he emailed me and said he was sorry, but they had to reschedule. When I did get to the second interview, it was a panel interview but none of the interviewers appeared on video, so it became an audio only interview. One of the interviewers asked how I discovered the position and he was surprised when I said I applied online. He said the recruiter told them he found me himself. The interview actually seemed to go very well. They were laughing and joking with me and finished saying they were definitely passing me to the next two interviews with divisional vp's. These again were set up as virtual interviews as well, and I dressed for each but neither of the interviewers appeared on video. So, to this point, I was 4 interviews deep with 6 people and there was no visual contact whatsoever. The recruiter kept telling me about the positive feedback he got and that there was only one more step after the 4th interview. Two days later he emailed me and said he apologizes but after careful deliberation they chose another candidate who more closely fit what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Which decisions do you make on your own and which do you incorporate others?   1 Answer

Maintenance Technician (Multicraft) Interview

Interview

First interview was a phone interview. The
    The position they were looking to fill was more of a senior level position. They seemed to have wanted to hire someone who had experience working on all pieces of equipment.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas (Nashville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview for the following week. The week after the phone interview I was schedule an in person interview for later that week. I received an offer about a week later for the job!

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bridgestone Americas (Orem, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was very informative. They really emphasized on advancement opportunities even if you are not all that car savvy. Also if you are willing to travel to different locations, they like flexibility.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for them.   1 Answer