Briggs & Stratton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 4, 2017

2.6

Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Briggs & Stratton (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

You file an application and sometimes months go by. HR works very slow. I forgot I even applied. Once the interview starts you better be quick and short with your responses.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job? How were your last managers? Are you a team player and do you see yourself in a Management role in the future. What do you know about Briggs and Stratton?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Briggs & Stratton (Wauwatosa, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had done a phone interview with Briggs & Stratton. They had initially sounded very interested in me and wanted to invite me to do an in-person interview. I didn't hear from them in about 2 weeks, then did another phone interview with someone else at the company. They had set up an in-person interview with me, then canceled only 1 hour before the interview. I had set up another day to do an interview, and then was canceled on again and told that they had found someone better suited for the role.

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Briggs & Stratton (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied for several positions online. Received an invite to register for a job fair. Spoke to representative and was moved on to second review of my resume. Given a review packet for the LG 15 test. Provided hair samples. A few days later was set up for the quality test. Two tests close to the review packet. Quality test uses machinists handbook which is supplied to you along with a calculator. Basic bath, blueprint, symbols, reading measurement devices, and then some scenarios regarding quality issues ,what steps you would take to control/resolve. Schedule the test early so you have ample time to take your time/recheck answers. The HR was extremely pleasant and checked in on me several times. I brought a beverage and snacks in case I was hungry. Testing took me four hours because I was careful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

C Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Briggs & Stratton.

Interview

The inter view started as a phone screening and I was offers an in person interview the in person interview was a group interview. I was talking to 4 people at one time.

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational questions and questions based on experiance   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Briggs & Stratton (Wauwatosa, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed by one of the individuals I would be assisting. They went over what the job entailed and how I would help. That individual left and I was interviewed by a manager and an HR generalist. Interview went smoothly, nothing too concerning about the setup. After the job offer, all that was required was a basic background check and drug test.

Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Briggs & Stratton (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Plant manager and HR manager took the interview which lasted for 20 mins.
    They asked me to describe myself and then asked questions about the achievements listed in my resume. Then, we talked about the company and its facility where the position was available. I think, they wanted to check if the achievements I listed on my resume are those I can thoroughly explain.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the previous experience and projects   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations were accepted

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Briggs & Stratton (Wauwatosa, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was a phone screening that reviewed the position that I was applying for and got the basics of my resume down. 2nd interview was in person with the manager and a marketing lead. The phone screen took about 45 minutes, and went over very basic interview questions. The in person interview was a resume/portfolio review and a meeting with a member of the team I'd be supporting.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very much your typical questions. How do you handle a challenging situation, what was something you were successful in, do you like to work in a group or alone, etc..   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Pleasant and professional correspondence. Quick response to e-mail correspondence. Lengthy questionarre and testing process. Overall good experience. Pleasant human resources representatives. Very good description of job duties, job requirements, skills required, salary and benefits offered.

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Briggs & Stratton (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed. I still dressed up and looked nice because its all about first impressions. She just asked me about my previous work history. Interview lasted no more than 10 minutes.

Technician C Interview

Interview

nothing to it, questions for every job are the same, interview questions for the most part have nothing to do with the actual job, they usually know who is getting the job before the interviews