BrightWave Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 7 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at BrightWave

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at BrightWave (Atlanta, GA)

Interview

Email -> Phon call schedule a brief hat to discuss a position with senior director of talent management-> Walk in interview with associate creative director and art director for half an hour and then VP, creative services for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • What's your passion for email design?
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BrightWave (Atlanta, GA) in Apr 2019

Interview

I was told I got the job, then they went back on the offer only three days before my start date. I tried reaching out to see what happened for future reference, and nothing.

Interview Questions
  • Show us something from your portfolio that you're proud of
2 people found this interview helpful

BrightWave

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at BrightWave in Jan 2019

Interview

Applied online, and got a phone interview within a week with the Hiring Manager. The phone call was very easy and conversational. She seemed very excited that I had applied and felt like my experience and passions would be a great fit with their company. Typically, when I hear this I think that I'll be getting a second interview... She then said to follow up with her if I hadn't heard from the rest of her team by the following week. I wanted until after the time she told me, and emailed her following up. She said that the team was probably just busy and would be with me shortly. Fast forward three months now, another two emails from me, and two more applications... Never heard anything back. From her, the team, or anyone. I was really excited to meet them and possibly work there, but now I find them incredibly unprofessional not even sending me a rejection letter or at least a "no, thank you."

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

BrightWave

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BrightWave in May 2018

Interview

Throughout the phone screen it seemed like the internal recruiter was trying to minimize my experience. He asked multiple times how I got in the field, but I have a Masters in an adjacent field, so I felt I answered it adequately the first time. All of this manipulation seemed ultimately to decrease my salary expectation ($50,000/annually), because near the end of the call he implied that my salary request may not be attainable. This seemed strange for a position requiring extensive design and computer programming experience, so I removed myself from the selections process.

Interview Questions
  • What is the importance or role of email marketing?
  • How would you handle the demands of switching between multiple clients?
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BrightWave (Atlanta, GA) in May 2018

Interview

The interview process was great because it felt like a conversation, not a situation where they were grilling me and questioning my experience. They really just wanted to learn more about me, why I wanted to apply there and what experience I did have with marketing and advertising. I felt very comfortable and welcomed during the entire process

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about your work ethic, time management skills, ability to work on more than one project at once, past experience in marketing, what you're looking to gain from this internship
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BrightWave (Atlanta, GA) in Aug 2017

Interview

Overall the company seemed decent but the HR person really left me with a bad impression from the start which is why I ultimately turned down the role. Every interaction with the HR person made came across as if they were doing me a favor. First you'll get an email from HR. Now they'll likely not respond for a week or so when you email them back so you'll have to follow up with HR a few times to remind them that they actually reached out to you to follow-up on your resume. Eventually you'll get on the phone with HR and they'll you some basic questions before asking you to come in for the first round of interviews. ROUND 1: First they bring you in for a round of panel interviews meeting 4-5 people from different levels in the business. None of these people will actually look at your resume before meeting you. Instead they'll all come in and say "I was too busy, just tell me about yourself". RED FLAG! After repeating your story to 4-5x they'll walk you out. HR person is too busy to walk you out so you'll just wander around until you find the exit. This process takes about 2 hours total. ROUND 2: About a week later you'll get an email asking you to come back in for another round of interviews 2-3 more people. Be prepared to explain yourself because once again nobody will have had time to read your resume so its on you to stay engaged while you say the same thing over and over again. When the interview is done just show yourself out. This takes about another 2 hours. ROUND 3: A few days later you'll get another email from HR asking you to come in and meet senior leadership. At this point you're already burned 4 hours of PTO for your current job that you don't want to waste so you'll keep going through the process. You'll confirm a date and time with HR and won't hear anything back until the night before when HR sends you an email with a completely different time than what you previously agreed upon. (Be prepared to tell your current job that "doctor's appointment" got pushed back when they reschedule.) You'll come in to meet senior leadership. If you're lucky you'll even get to see the other person you're interviewing against because they'll stack the interviews back-to-back. When you meet with leadership they'll tell you they were too busy to read your resume and ask you to tell them what position you were interviewing for. (TIP: Don't say CEO) After your brief encounter re-explaining yourself to the CEO you'll be there for another 1.5 hours talking to 5-6 more people that didn't have time to read your resume before meeting you. These interviews are really more about them liking you than you're ability to actually provide value but hey, they've got a culture to preserve. They'll ask you all top questions they found in a quick "Best interview questions 2017" search. (TIP: Google "Best interview questions 2017" before the interview). Now here's a secret...at some point they'll ask you "Why email". This company focuses on the email marketing specifically so unless you're coming from a hardcore email marketing firm (which you're probably not) you'll have to try to convince them that you've always loved email marketing. After taking another 2 hours off to meet with tons of people that didn't know you were coming you'll walk yourself out because you know where the exit is by now. A little later that afternoon you'll get a lowball non-negotiable job offer from HR right before 5pm on Friday. They'll ask you to think about it over the weekend and let them know by Tuesday. And that's pretty much the interview process. Good luck!

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BrightWave (Atlanta, GA)

Interview

Talked with their HR Person on the phone, who was very nice and personable. He wanted to get me in right away for an in person interview. I came in the following week for an interview with 2 upper level execs, and 2 Senior PM's. All and all the interview went very well, the 2 execs were really nice and I felt I answered all their questions well. One of them answered my Thank you email which was very nice (usually that is unheard of). I felt I clicked really well with the 2 Execs, but I was less sure about the other PM's. I did look at them online via linkedin ahead of time and I noticed a lot of people with Master's but less experience. That might be something that they value more The office was very nice, and seemed to have a nice culture. The energy was VERY positive from what I could tell. As soon as the HR person knew an answer he was prompt in getting back to me. I really appreciated that, he seems very good at his job.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed