Brookfield Renewable Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 7, 2017

3.1

Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Brookfield Renewable (Marlborough, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Fantastic from start to finish - they people were very nice the recruiter was very nice and the process went well. I had a medical issue that came up at the end and it took me out of the process (my decision). I would have loved the company

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookfield Renewable (Marlborough, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview was done by a member of the accounting team, she basically went down my resume and asked questions regarding my experience. She also asked questions on what accounting systems I had used in the past.

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatineau, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brookfield Renewable (Gatineau, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Step 1: Initial call with HR to go over education background and work history. HR rep was very friendly and seemed genuinely interested in the answers.

Step 2: Skype interview with 2 members of the team I would be working with + the same HR rep. Interview was switched to phone call last minute because one of the interviewers was traveling and HR rep said that he would join the call 15 mins late (which never happened and was not acknowledged).

Step 3: 48 hours to complete a case study. I was allowed to choose when to receive it and they accommodated my request to receive it during the weekend. It consisted of preparing a slide deck for a fairly straightforward analysis and answers to questions about the industry.

Step 4: Invited to the office in Gatineau to present the case. Candidate travel expense policy wasn't offered until requested. Met with 6 people (one of whom was the interviewer who missed the call in Step 2). The interviewers had more important things to do and seemed uninterested. Most of them didn't follow the original schedule and there was someone either leaving the room or joining every 10-15 minutes. It was more open to discussion and having a conversation with me than a structured interview, which was strange considering the interviewers kept changing and I needed to keep track of what they've been present for without repeating myself when the interviewers kept walking in/out. It also seemed a little disrespectful given the fact that I had traveled 5+ hours for the interview, while the interviewers couldn't stay in the room for their allotted time.

During step 4, there was a brief time period when I was with only 1 of the interviewers. He seemed to have run out of questions so he asked me a market sizing question, which was "How many TVs do you think are sold in Canada every year?" I gave a structured answer by estimating the population, the number of households, purchase rate, commercial purchases, and briefly talked about other factors followed by adding the estimated values. He then pulled out his phone and googled it to check the actual figure (which was surprisingly close!) However, this was unnecessary because the actual answer is completely irrelevant and he should have focused on my thought process, logic, and assumptions. It was pretty clear that it was his first time dealing with an estimation question.

Step 5: On-site written assessment. Limited amount of time to answer 1 of 3 essay-style questions.

Received an email telling me they went with another candidate 23 days after the final round (72 days after submitting the application).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Brookfield Renewable and Brookfield Asset Management?   Answer Question
    • How many TVs are sold in Canada every year?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gatineau, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookfield Renewable (Gatineau, QC (Canada)).

Interview

After applying online, I received an email asking for a phone Interview. About a week later I was asked for an in-person interview with multiple members from the team. After another week I received an email for references and background check information.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Above what is on your resume, what do you offer to the organization.   Answer Question

Summer Student Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online. One hour interview with two members of my team and one person from HR. Brief follow up interview via Skype. This was followed by typical reference and background checks.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gatineau, QC (Canada)

Interview

First round was a telephone screen. Second round involved three interviews, a 48-hour case study and an investment presentation to management. This was followed by reference checks and criminal check. Reference check is an online process and timeline depends on your refrees. Criminal check can take 10-15 days depending on the number of countries you have lived in.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Brookfield?
      Pretty standard, commonsense questions   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookfield Renewable.

Interview

3 part interview process, starting with a phone interview, then manager level, then SVP and Director. All very accommodating and knowledgeable. The offices were bright and inviting with friendly staff.

Interview Questions

• Resume Review
      Behavioral Questions
      Questions about your perception of company and culture   Answer Question

Emerging Leader Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gatineau, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookfield Renewable (Gatineau, QC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Brookfield was extremely accommodating throughout the interview process. After flying me out from the West Coast to Ottawa, they made sure everything went as smoothly as possible. The interview process was well structured- hour long interviews with different employees within the company- and sufficient time was provided for lunch and coffee breaks. After the interview process was completed, they were transparent in their decision process and made sure there was no misunderstandings.

Interview Questions

• What are your core values and how do they correlate to Brookfields corporate culture?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Brookfield Renewable (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Very friendly with regards to accomodations and assesment. Also very thorough with questions and selection process. It may take a couple of weeks to get from first interview to a formal offer but it is a great place to work and well worth it.

Student Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gatineau, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brookfield Renewable (Gatineau, QC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call to Schedule the interview. Went in and was a quick interview about my schooling, what my roles would be and if I had any questions and I asked them, they were answered and all went well.