Brookfield Renewable Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 2, 2017

3.2

Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Brookfield Renewable (Marlborough, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Fantastic from start to finish - they people were very nice the recruiter was very nice and the process went well. I had a medical issue that came up at the end and it took me out of the process (my decision). I would have loved the company

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookfield Renewable (Marlborough, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview was done by a member of the accounting team, she basically went down my resume and asked questions regarding my experience. She also asked questions on what accounting systems I had used in the past.

Enterprise Architecture Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gatineau, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brookfield Renewable (Gatineau, QC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a three-round interview process: first a call with the HR recruiter, then an in-person interview with the team manager and a technical lead, then an in-person interview with Senior Managers from the Finance and IT PMO departments.
    My first phone call happened 3 weeks after I applied, then the first in-person interview was scheduled 2 weeks later, and the last interview another 3 weeks later. I received the official offer one week after the last interview, so overall a 9 weeks process.
    Generally, people were very friendly and making sure that you feel at ease. You can definitively tell there is a very positive work environment and culture.
    There was always a HR recruiter in the room to make sure the process was respected. Interestingly, I was interviewed by 5 different people that had been in the company for less than a year, a sign that the organization is growing quickly. I found the question interesting and could see they appreciated that I came prepared.

Interview Questions

• General questions:
      - What are your salary expectations? (phone interview only)
      - What does your team say about you? what do they say you should improve (this last one is very hard as people tend to never tell you the negative stuff!)?
      - What do you like about this position?
      - Why motivates you at work?

Technical knowledge and ability to learn:
      - Ability to learn technical subjects (e.g. cloud architecture) and technical knowledge?
      - What is your process for learning?
      - How do you keep yourself updated on the latest technology trends? What news have you read/heard of recently that you can share?
      - What are you interests in technology?
      - What is the most complex architecture you have worked on?

BA-related questions:
      - What are you deliverables as a BA on a project?
      - How do you handle difficult stakeholders?
      - How do you feel about presenting to different level of stakeholders, including senior management?
      - Can you detail the type of projects you have worked on?
      ...
      Answer Question

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookfield Renewable in August 2016.

Interview

The hiring process began with the Human Resources department contacting me to me inform me of an upcoming interview. The interview was booked for an hour, assessing the relevant skills for the position. Questions about previous work experience were included within the interview to determine whether the past work experience would be useful in this new role. There were some questions that weren't listed on the job postings.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookfield Renewable (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

They reached out to me via email to set up a time for a phone interview which was about an hour. We then coordinated in person interviews with HR, the team supervisor and the VP of the department.

It was a very well organized and professional interview process with clear expectations at every stage.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookfield Renewable in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job on Brookfield's website. Job was easy to apply for. I was contacted by email ad interview was scheduled at a time that suited me (avoided conflict with classes etc). Interview was done over Skype and decision was communicated to me within a week or so.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • If you had to present your analysis to a variety of colleagues who may or may not be familiar with the topic, how would you organize the presentation if it could have 3 slides (+-1 slide)   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gatineau, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brookfield Renewable (Gatineau, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I was first contacted by the HR person who asked some questions over the phone. After that I had a skype/panel interview with a few of the team members. A week after or so, I had a follow up interview with the other team members. The interview was more conversational which was very helpful. The team members explained their day to day role and the type of work the group did. The HR person was constantly in touch, and I received the offer shortly after the second Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more behavioural than technical with a focus on my past experiences. They asked me to talk about my resume and past experiences, and the interview was guided with that. They also allowed me to ask questions.   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookfield Renewable (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

It was just myself and two of the colleagues I would be working with fior the summer. I was asked questions about my experience in building tools for data analysis. I was asked to go in detail about the steps and challenges I faced when building the tools, and how I overcame them. After that question were some of the more standard interview questions such as whether I prefer to work in a team or groups.

The second part of the interview was a question about the oil and gas market (I indicated I had extensive experience in the oil and gas market), asking me about some of the economic factors that contributed to the oil and gas collapse in 2014-2015.

Interview Questions

• Please describe in as much detail as possible the process you went through to build a tool for data analysis for a previous work/academic experience. What were the challenges you faced throughout the process, and how did you overcome them.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookfield Renewable (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job through the university co-op program. I was interviewed through Skype by four people, two from HR and 2 from my hiring department. They were nice and the interview questions were pretty standard. There was only one interview round. After I was offered the job I had to do a background check and enter my references into this HR service that they use.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gatineau, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brookfield Renewable (Gatineau, QC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Started with submitted my resume and cover letter via the company's website. The interview itself consisted mainly of behavioural questions and 2 or 3 situational questions based on past experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you worked in a team. Were you the leader this team? Do you tend to be a leader or a follower?   Answer Question