Broward County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

3.1

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Broward County (New York, NY).

Interview

They send a list of supplementary questions out to screen candidates after receiving their resumes. Then, they conduct phone screens. If you pass the phone screen, they invite you to an in person interview and will reimburse up to $500 for travel and lodging.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle this department asking for a budget increase?   Answer Question

Data Entry Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Broward County.

Interview

Email notification of interview 1 month after applying, called to schedule interview, interviewed the following week, received follow up email the week after. Very hard to tell what they were looking for during the interview.

Interview Questions

• First question they asked: How do you feel about the salary?   Answer Question

Health Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Broward County (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

You have two interviews, the second interview is a behavioral interview, basically questions seeing how you would react in certain situations. the first interview are with those who you would be working with or working under, and the questions are based on your job description.

Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Broward County.

Interview

Took 3 months to start from offer. Panel members did not look interested to be there. Their demeanor alone was deterring. Employees around the premise looked unhappy. Many red flags noticed and them offering me the job the next day after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Please explain your experience with specific systems they used?   1 Answer

Stable Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coconut Creek, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Broward County (Coconut Creek, FL).

Interview

It was the most fun I've ever had during an interview. Both the HR lady and the Manger were great and easy to talk to and get along with. Both had a list of questions to answer, and it was okay to not know an answer.

Department of Aviation - Senior IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Broward County (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. A phone interview first, in-person next and an offer was extended within 1-2 weeks after that. The questions asked were relevant to the job and centered around project management and PCI compliance - both of which I have.

[WARNING ]: The initial offer was at the low end of the salary range, which apparently is their practice. I flat out rejected that on principle and despite showing them how insufficient that was with the cost of living differential for their area, they only came up 10K, citing they were "concerned about making waves". I'm sorry, but last time I checked, this is a capitalist country, not socialist!!! I was insulted by this and they didn't seem to care. This organization seems to value longevity of being there versus individual candidate merit and ambition.

Anyhow, I tentatively accepted and they requested I return in person to sign off on some papers to authorize a drug and background screening. Since I wasn't local, this wasn't an attractive way to do it, but I complied to be a team player. As the background check continued I heard nothing from Broward, so I called and found out there was a question on some of my experience they were having trouble validating. I reached out to the appropriate parties to provide as much documentation as I could to validate it. Upon doing so, I received no communication from Broward at all. Calls to HR went ignored and I even had to escalate with a call to the potential supervisor, who more or less gave me a circular response of needing to call HR.

All in all, the latter half of this experience was by far the most unprofessional HR experience of my career and has left a sour taste in my mouth. If the organization acts this way just trying to get in the door, imagine how it is working for them!

The impression I got is that their culture was a slight sense of entitlement, the smiles were fake and some of the employees I observed in my tour didn't seem happy. No male management figures, tuition reimbursement advertised on their site but was told on the phone they stopped doing that. I quickly discovered discrepancies between the picture painted on the website and what the reality was, so a lot of red flags on this organization. I would not recommend them.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict resolution?
      What is your experience with Project Management, PCI compliance and ITIL?
      What are your long-term career objectives? (Note: The upward mobility component in the aviation department is severely limited)
      Why are you looking to leave your current employer?   Answer Question

Accountant IIII Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Broward County (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview had lot of questions almost 20. Not very consistent and very from financial to supervisor skills. Very unclear on what type of person they were looking to hire

Interview Questions

• If you found an employer had made a financial mistake hoe would you remedy the problem   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Broward County (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

This was a panel interview conducted at the office I was applying for the job at. Everything went as expected to me, the problem was that after, it took them weeks to get back to me about the job, as it turns out, because they 'had' to offer it to someone else, and probably didn't know how to handle this. I believe that Human Resources did not do their homework properly in advertising and interviewing for this position. There were too many 'surprises' and 'we didn't know we had to do this' at the end of the process.
    They are HR, this is their job. They are SUPPOSED to know the hiring laws and processes. EXCUSES EXCUSES

Interview Questions

• There really were no overly difficult questions as I was well prepared for the interview, and knew the material   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Broward County (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted after the announcement closed. Ample notice for the interview. Selected time for interview. Show up in person for a panel interview. The questions were straight forward about the job and being a manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer did not meet my salary expectation.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Broward County.

Interview

Two interviews with a panel.of three people each. They could not define the job position, because they did nor know what the previous person in the position did. They had a list of duties they wanted done, but they did not know how to do them.

Negotiation

One offer, one counter offer.