Broward County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Broward County

3.2

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Broward County (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2010.

Interview

Online mostly, then a few tests at their facility.

Natural Resource Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Broward County (Plantation, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Online application, panel interview, routine questions and answer session with a follow-up interview if selected. However, it was a formality as they had an in-house candidate. This is a common practice for Broward County on promotional opportunities and it usually is a waste of time to interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you had discipline problems in the past, if so, what were they and what did you learn from them?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broward County (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial resume (computer) screen, then met with 3 staff panel. The questions were not difficult, relied specifically on what was in the job description. These are the same questions used for all interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Basic and read off of list. Also included a practical skills test.   Answer Question

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Broward County (New York, NY).

Interview

They send a list of supplementary questions out to screen candidates after receiving their resumes. Then, they conduct phone screens. If you pass the phone screen, they invite you to an in person interview and will reimburse up to $500 for travel and lodging.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle this department asking for a budget increase?   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland Park, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Broward County (Oakland Park, FL) in June 2018.

Interview

Panel interview, set of standardized reasonable questions about scenarios, experience, education, customer service, data base knowledge, working independently, certifications, expectations, salary, supervision, travel, hours, documentation, visits, working with families and significant others.

Interview Questions

• What would I do with a dissatisfied client, what type of training best suits me, any difficulties responding to natural disasters.   Answer Question

Information Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Broward County (Plantation, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

A month after applying, I got an email to contact someone to set an interview up. It was a group interview, with 3 people from the department. They were calm and relaxed. Be sure to back everything you have on your resume, as they will ask you about it, if it applies to the position.

Interview Questions

• They will ask questions mostly to your studies in school, if you've used any particular programs related to security & what things do you find interesting in security today.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Broward County.

Interview

Two interviews with a panel.of three people each. They could not define the job position, because they did nor know what the previous person in the position did. They had a list of duties they wanted done, but they did not know how to do them.

Negotiation

One offer, one counter offer.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Broward County (Plantation, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Group interview with 3 people, Felt it was a relaxed environment where they were interested in hearing my answers. Questions were predetermined but they did an adequate job of making me think and respond. Be prepared to talk about your resume and past projects etc.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Broward County (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

The process took just over 1 week. The interview was terrible they didn't ask any questions relating to the position or your resume. They asked very inappropriate questions like where do your parents work or where do they live? They also asked how much my parents made. Pretty unprofessional

Interview Questions

• How much money do your parents and make and what do they do for jobs?   2 Answers

Very unprofessional, the environment was also pretty bad no air conditioning or windows.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Broward County (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted after the announcement closed. Ample notice for the interview. Selected time for interview. Show up in person for a panel interview. The questions were straight forward about the job and being a manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer did not meet my salary expectation.