Bruce Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bruce Power Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

2.8

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Elgin, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bruce Power (Port Elgin, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

One clarifying call, one screening and one panel interview consisting of a manager and their suprvisor. They had a booklet that contained the questions they had to ask. The job description changed from what I applied for. Ultimately, the job description had changed from when I applied.

Interview Questions

• They had a booklet that contained the questions they had to ask... asked about CPI and SPI   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bruce Power.

Interview

Got invited to do pre-screening assessments 2 weeks after application. 3 days after, I got invited to an interview 2 weeks later. At that point I was asked for references and then received an offer 15 days later. In the interview, I met with who would be my supervisor (section manager) as well as their boss (department manager).

NOIT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kincardine, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bruce Power (Kincardine, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

OMST testing, 40 minute interview focusing on behavioural information and some technical information. Questions regarding past employment experience, and a diagram related question for the technical. Two individuals interviewed me, one from HR and one from the operations side. Overall it was fairly laid back, and the two interviewers were quite personable.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you went above and beyond?   1 Answer

NOIT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kincardine, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Bruce Power (Kincardine, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Online application to the vacancy - no other way to do so
    OMST after application on science and math related topics, took about 3 hrs
    Interview predicated on passing OMST with a minimum grade, took about 1 hrs - various questions asked
    Job offer 6 weeks later, which was accepted

Interview Questions

• When is a time you went above and beyond at your previous job?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Bruce Power (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Somethings that you don’t know about the Bruce Power’s HIRING PROCESS!

After some applies they will call you. Do not jump up and down. It means you are lucky, but not so lucky. Their process is very time consuming and can drain your saving! For this reason, many of job seekers are absent from their hiring process!

You may feel it was a Scam, when all of a sudden they disappear and the only feedback that you get from your recruiter is; --- is not available!
    Despite these signs, Bruce Power is a legitimate employer and what they do is based on their policy. It is simply because of the way that they make money!

Attention; following numbers are averages based on my experiences with Bruce Power. They might vary from case to case

1- their sites are in remote areas and you have to drive. It is not a regular interview to show up 15 min before the interview and go home. They are always running many hiring events simultaneously. You would be waiting in different rooms for hours. They give you water, but no food.
    1 full day+ buying food for 12 hours + gas and other expenses for every interview

After interview, if your answers are not irrelevant, they forward you to the next steps. It’s too soon to jump up and down. You are not alone. Remember how many empty spots had been offered to you by Human Resources for interview! If they were 4, you are at least with 4 more applicants on the same boat!

2- at first they ask you to fill out very simple forms. Shorty after, you face more sophisticated forms. Approximately, you will send around 100 pages to Bruce Power. You have to print them off, physically fill them out and mail the ink signed papers. It is quite time consuming
    $500 and up to two full weeks for paper works

3- they tell you everything is free. Once you step in, they tell you it’s your responsibility to apply for somethings. Take this; if you were in Cuba in the last 10 years, you have to pay around $1000 to they check that you have committed no crime at that time.
    $5000 and up to 4 months for these things

4- Their positions are not rotational. The only employer at that area is Bruce Power. You have to move in, to start and move back, at the end.
    $7000 and one month for 2 relocations.

Everything with Bruce is conditional. Even offer of employment. Please check their website; application and recruitment process.

In average, you should be 5 to 10 applicants on the same boat (Human Resources do not release the data)
    Even when you are sure that your working history and education background is clear, chance of success is around or less than 20%!

Don’t be shy. Before evolving in their hiring process directly ask them about your salary range. It is your right to know this 20% possibility of potential income is worth to risk up to 6 months of your time and drain your saving!

IMPORTANT ADVICE
    Papers that you sign are about your commitment to Bruce Power. Up to the point that you can not charge Bruce Power for your hours:
    DO NOT QUITE FROM YOUR JOB AND IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A JOB, DO NOT STOP SEARCHING!

You must make sure that you are in their system
    REMEMBER; NEVER EVER assume that you are done. Even after signing the job offer.
    Did you charge Bruce Power? Congratulation! Now you can jump up and down

TRICKS TO SAVE YOUR MONEY:

-Instead of driving to their site, you can ask for Phone or Skype interview
    -When you have more than one option; “if you don’t provide document X, may we contact and etc.” (It is good just for Bruce Power. You will never need it again). Let them to check it by themselves.
    -Set your lease and other expenses in a way that this month could be your last month with Bruce Power (assume that you are working on a project)
    -There is no obligation to pay for Bruce Power. Balance between what you are making and what you will gain. If it doesn’t worth, you can easily ask them to CONDITIONALLY pay for their process now, (because you can’t afford the payment) and deduct it from your salary, later. If they are interested in you, brother!

Good Luck

Interview Questions

• They are different. They ask you everything about your education background and employment history.   1 Answer

FLM Interview

Interview

After submission of my resume I got an email after a month. 1st interview is phone interview with HR. 2nd interview is on site panel interview (3 Managers plus HR). 4 weeks after my 2nd interview no update if i got or not.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tiverton, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Bruce Power (Tiverton, NS (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Tell about us a time when you knew you were going to miss a deadline? What was the outcome? What did you learn from that experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bruce Power in February 2016.

Interview

Entire interview process was okay. Seems as though your best way in is through one of the HR reps.. if they screen you and like you, they'll move you forward. Interview went okay... Found some of the interviews strange since they focused so much on the typical "by the book" questions.. I left thinking... hmmm don't they want to know more about my personality, my management style, etc??! I just really felt like a number and not a human. Didn't get a good vibe. People seem professional but very fake like it's not a genuine place.

NOIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kincardine, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bruce Power (Kincardine, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

First round is Mechanical and Math aptitude test. Fairly straight forward basic math; in mechanical parts, covers a bunch of sections like fluid machinery, levers and gears etc. A quick review of the mechanical concepts is enough for clearing the test. Next round is interview. This is purely behavioral based.. problem solving, communication, pressure situation etc. All standard questions.. no surprises.. Mainly they want to see if you can do repetitive work as a NOIT or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where your communication skills made a difference to the situation?   Answer Question

Shift Control Tech - Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kincardine, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Bruce Power (Kincardine, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied in August(2015), heard back 2 months later. Wrote a test in mid-October and had an interview in mid-November. The test was straight forward, focused on mental math. The interview was also well run. It contained both behavioural and technical questions. I was interviewed by 4 people and it took around an hour and a half to get through everything. Other all it was a positive experience.