Brunswick Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

3.1

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brunswick Group (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I met with Brunswick recruiters at a University career fair, and followed up with them via email the a couple days later. I had a Skype Interview and met with three different employees for about 30 minutes each. A week later I spoke on the phone with their recruitment director for another 30 minute interview.

The interviews were behavioral and included questions about my resume and experience. They did a good job of trying to understand my qualifications and my personality/interests.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the things you do in your current job?
      What are some news stories that you've been keeping up with or that interest you?
      How do you stay up to date on current events?
      What do you do for fun?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brunswick Group.

Interview

Referral from senior leadership. Government and political experience a major asset if considering a role with this elite organization. Past experience is important to those making the hiring decisions.

Interview Questions

• Media and experience? Emphasis on describing past experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brunswick Group (New York, NY).

Interview

one round in person interview with two junior associates plus a very easy writing test. there were general questions about leadership, teamwork and writing skills and why you are interested in brunswick. Should do research about the industry and company.

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. Was originally contacted for a quick 15 minute phone call and then asked to complete a grammar and writing test. The grammar portion is pretty basic and the writing section has you write a press release and analyze a current new story. This was followed up by a couple more interviews with various individuals on the team.

My biggest piece of advice is to know the firm inside and out, and be confident in your abilities. Brunswick is looking for individuals from a variety of backgrounds and there is no definitive background or skill set that they are looking to hire. If you can sell your self as a confident and capable individual you should do fine.

Interview Questions

• Why Brunswick?
      How do you stay up to date with the news?
      Describe a current news story.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brunswick Group.

Interview

I attended one of their Winter Open Houses that I found out about through my campus career center. I left my resume, and was contacted about 2 weeks later for the initial round of interviews. You meet with 2-3 people per interview, and they all have different interview styles. I was contacted for the second round about a month later. Same as the first- met with 2-3 people. Three days after the second interview, I received an email stating that I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
      Why Brunswick?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brunswick Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online on the company website/ secured interview through an internal referral.
    First interview: Met with the recruiting team who were very upbeat, friendly, and forthcoming with the requirements of the role.
    Was invited to complete a 2 hr writing test - relatively simple punctuation and grammar corrections, with one portion where you have to write a press release/communication memo of your choosing.
    Was then invited to 3rd rounds where I met with 4 individuals from the account exec level to director level - this experience was not as pleasant and in all honesty, a little too repetitive as far as questions asked go. Did not feel there was a "fit" at all, so was not surprised by the interview outcome.

There were more behavioral questions than I was used to, I will say and one Director literally grilled me on my knowledge about the firm and the overall strategic comms space.

My impression is that Brunswick is better suited to people with an IB personality, read: WSJ/Economist fanatics. The interviews will want to know your current (financial) affairs acumen, so make sure you've been following an M&A deal or company crisis (the likes of the BP crisis, volkswagen scandal, etc.) intimately so you can speak to that.

As others have mentioned, the back-to-back interviews were a little too redundant so the value add there is non-existent from my perspective..

Interview Questions

• Q1: What is strategic communications? What does Brunswick do?
      Q2: Why did you leave your last role?
      Q3: Summarize a story you've been following in the news. How would you go about drafting a communications plan for the crisis? What stakeholders would be impacted, etc.?   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brunswick Group (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The process started with a timed written exam. This tested grammar and the ability to write a business letter as your boss. The test took about 2 hours to complete.
    Following came an in face interview with a group/panel of four people. Following, an additional interview took place with three new people. The final interview was with the person I would have replaced and one who had interviewed me in the first round.

All around it was not the ideal fit for me. But the process was beneficial. The environment seemed very welcoming and fun.

Interview Questions

• The question I was asked by everyone was what I would like to do for fun   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brunswick Group (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied via a referral who sent in my resume and cover letter. I got an email response within two days saying it is procedure for all candidates to take a writing/grammar exam. The exam was sent the following week and contained 3 parts to be completed within two hours. The next step was a skype interview where regular interview questions were asked. I am yet to hear back regarding the interview.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Brunswick Group (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I met with some junior and multiple senior people. The recruitment process was very high touch. Questions ranged from my motivation to join the firm, to areas of expertise and experience with research and project management skills. There were also questions to probe judgment and discretion. Do your homework on the network and culture of this privately-held firm, it's tightly knit. Recommendations -- good or bad -- make a big impact.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle this crisis communications situation?
      What has been a formative professional experienced and why?
      What news are you following and how has the perspective changes? How would you counsel that situation?
      What examples of entrepreneurial activity or instances where you took initiative?   Answer Question

Account Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brunswick Group (New York, NY).

Interview

First round was a phone interview with HR; second round was interview with manager and written test and third round was a Skype session with executive abroad. The questions were all really straight forward, nothing was asked that wasn't out of norm. Compared to other interviews I've had, the interview process was strenuous and exhaustive. I'd think that the interviewers would be better considering they are a communications company, but as I was talking to them they told me that they had only been with the company a month themselves so they didn't know much about the background of the company or what the position would entail. Also like other reviewers have mentioned HR was horrible with replying back and ultimately I turned down the position for a better one.