BucketFeet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at BucketFeet

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at BucketFeet (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I responded to a post on Craigslist where they were looking for sales associates for a pop-up store in Soho. I wrote a letter explaining why I wanted to work for them (my interest and knowledge in street art and artists; they are a shoe store that uses artists from around the world to design their shoes), and attached my resume. I received an email the next day with interest. The women wanted to schedule a phone interview the same day. I told her I was available anytime after 7pm, she did not call (this was a Friday). She then emailed me again on Monday, apologizing and wanted to schedule a phone interview on Tuesday in the morning and to give her a window of time. I said yes and that 11am - 12pm would be great. At 11:58 I believe, I received a call from Iowa (??, must've been their human resources department, perhaps? The company is based in Chicago though). I picked up and it was a different woman, can't recall her name but she started off asking me questions. I was more nervous having a phone interview than actual in person interviews so needless to say my answers were probably ridiculous. The questions I can remember her asking were,
    -Tell me about yourself
    -What words would you use to describe yourself?
    -What interested you in Bucketfeet?
    -Can you explain a time where you had a difficult situation with a customer and how you dealt with that?
    -What would you tell someone who walked into the store about the Bucketfeet company?
    -How would you convince someone to buy a pair of shoes? What makes Bucketfeet special?
    -Why do you want to work for Bucketfeet?

She had a few more questions that I can't recall now, but a lot of the questions were redundant and I was super nervous as this was my first phone interview. Unfortunately I didn't get the position, but if she was interested further I would have attended a round 2 of group interviews that would take place 2 days after the initial phone interview.

Interview Questions

• The barrage of redundant questions and thinking on the spot on how to respond with fresh answers.   Answer Question

PHP/Magento Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BucketFeet (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Found an ad for the company online. After checking them out, they seemed to have a pretty neat product line, so I applied. I got an e-mail asking to set up a call a week later. It was a pretty basic phone screen and we just went over my resume & the company's goals.

A few days after the first call, I had a longer call with somebody higher up. We talked for awhile about the position, some of the challenges they're facing, my experience, etc.

After that call, they flew me down to Chicago for an in-person interview. There were three 1:1 interviews, and then sort of a lightning round where a bunch of other staff came in small groups to meet & chat for 5-10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The focus seemed more on development methodology, my own personality, and their idea of selling artists' stories instead of just shoes. There weren't really any in-depth technical questions or tests.   Answer Question