Buckeye International, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Buckeye International, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Buckeye International, Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

Relatively easy interview process. It was more of a conversation with HR instead of tough interview questions. They want to know you can interact with the customer instead of asking you about every class you took in college.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Buckeye International, Inc. (Miami, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

First interview was very relaxed and easy. Interviewers mainly described the job and how their internal management program works. Didn't ask any hard questions, they were more concerned about explaining the job and its potential for growth.

Manufacture Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Buckeye International, Inc. (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was three rounds the first two interviews were by phone and the last round was a round robin interview process where there was a tour of the plant, lunch, customer service tour, and an interview with the VP of Sales and four Field Sales managers, and the human resource person.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like the position you are interviewing for?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Buckeye International, Inc..

Interview

easy 2 part interview process. They are looking for recent college graduates and experience is not required. Do some research on the company beforehand and you should be fine. Also know that you will be selling to the Jan/San industry and that the pay will be low.

Sales Managemet Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Buckeye International, Inc. (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

Hour long in office interview, phone interview with recruiter, then a final in office interview with offer. they avoided the compensation talk the whole time till the third interview. then it came in with less than I made in my internship and a $50 car allowance.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, rapport building and probing. They just want to get to know you like most interviews for sales positions.   1 Answer

Inventory Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Buckeye International, Inc. (Knoxville, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

Went in and was hired for the part-time position during first interview. I had to pass a drug screening and physical as there are some physical demands of the job. Interview was very easy as the general manager was easy to communicate with. Very little stress to the point where I felt like I wasn't even interviewing for a job, but rather a discussion

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Buckeye International, Inc..

Interview

The process follows a typical interview cycle.There are three interview: 1) In person 2) Phone 3) In person again. The in person interviews were with the manager and very easy. 1) is about the position and your related experiences with basic introduction into how the company and sales team operate. The phone interview is more about you and your resume from an HR rep back in St. Louis. The interview is more of a conversation and not tricky. The final interview is all about compensation structures and benefits, but they do not give you an offer and there is no negotiation of the contract, believe me I tried.

I did not take the offer because I was lead to believe it would be between 35-45k salary as the add said "Salary: $35,000-$45,000." There was then a mention of added commission. However, they offered me 30k and gave a dishonest explanation as to why they falsely posted 5-15k more than what they offer with no negotiation. I was even told that the salary is competitive to the field of what you are required to do, but this too falls about 10-20k short depending on your location. Not impressed by the process, would not recommend applying unless you know the facts.

Interview Questions

• Three words you would use to describe yourself?
      What was a challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?
      Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Buckeye International, Inc. (Providence, RI) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through college. Had an interview on campus and then a thirty minute phone interview as the next step. Took them two to three weeks to get back to me. The hiring team was very supportive and understanding during the process. I did not receive an offer in the end but was happy with the process.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Buckeye International, Inc. (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

No waiting room, had to fill out application when I got there even though I did it online. Office was dirty, the interviewer smelled, building was gross. He brought in two employees to try and impress me but I realized the employees were not people I wanted to associate with in the first place. I only took the job because I was a kid fresh out of college

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can sell floor products?   1 Answer

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Buckeye International, Inc. (Tampa, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Standard interview. Talked about past experience and goals for career. There was a two part phone interview then a face to face interview. It all seemed very standard. a back ground check was conducted. i also had to go and do a drug test paid for by Buckeye.