Bucknell University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bucknell University (Lewisburg, PA).

Interview

Initial 45 minute phone interview with library and IT team.
    Invited to all day visit on campus. This day began at 8:00am and ended at 3:30pm. I had the chance to meet with numerous managers ranging from my direct supervisor to the CIO.

Interview Questions

• strengths/weaknesses
      what do you know about Bucknell?
      what type of management style do you prefer?
      describe the processes for query optimization.
      why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Grader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bucknell University (Lewisburg, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

Ask about your major GPA and ask you to talk about yourself. Then check your credit hours to see if you have enough spare time to finish grading before deadline.

Tour Guide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bucknell University (Lewisburg, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very open-ended, behavorial questions that are intended to show how involved you are on campus. You will be interviewed by current tour guides and there will be other candidates interviewing at the same time with you.

Student Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bucknell University (Lewisburg, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied to the position through the Bridge, the job search page of the university. After a couple of days, I received an email asking me to set up a time for a face to face interview. The interview had two parts. First, I was asked about the position and why I would be interested in becoming a student caller. Second, there was a simulation of a mock call that I had to undertake.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be interested in this position?
      How does your background prepare you to be successful at it?   Answer Question

Student Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bucknell University (Lewisburg, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Sent in application and then had a 2-on-1 interview. This was with the head of the program and one of the senior employees. All the questions involved why I like Bucknell and what I would do in a situation where an alum was upset with the school.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like Bucknell? I was also asked to do a mock phone call   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bucknell University (Lewisburg, PA).

Interview

After the application, which was brief, I was contacted almost immediately for an interview. The interview process was informal and consisted mostly of basic technology questions and a survey of my customer service skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one. It's a student position.

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bucknell University in August 2014.

Interview

One on one phone interview, followed by a group phone interview, followed by a trip to Lewisburg for several one on one interviews then a group interview. Was offered the job three days after the in-person interviews.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisburg, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bucknell University (Lewisburg, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

In order to get an interview, I was recommended to the staff by several professors. After a 2 on 1 interview, there is a group interview in which you brainstorm ways to deal with different scenarios. The whole process takes a while but is pretty easy and they didn't turn anybody down. This was when the process was being refined though so it may have changed since then.

Interview Questions

• What classes would you have the skill base to tutor for?   1 Answer

Study Abroad Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bucknell University.

Interview

Received invitation for telephone interview 3 weeks after position closed. Telephone interview scheduled for the following week. There were 6 people on the interview panel, each person asked 1 question. Questions were about about my experience, ideas for how I would contribute to the position, my impressions of trends in the field, etc.

Interview Questions

• What do I see as the more important issues facing the field in the future and how will I contribute to these.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bucknell University.

Interview

I thought that the interview was good overall. I felt comfortable in the environment, but I also felt like my skills were being assessed adequately. The conversation was easy and the questions were pretty straightforward. I didn't feel like I was getting pinned or pushed far to see how I would react. I got the sense that the interview was very important to the Office of Residential Education when I was participating in the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a hall program I would plan?   1 Answer