Burbank Water and Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Burbank Water and Power

2.4

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burbank Water and Power (Burbank, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The hiring procedure is tiring. I had to take an exam among 150 members, then an oral interview among 13 members selected. After that an eligibility list was created and again everyone in the eligibility list were called for an interview when an opening turns up. I found it very hectic. And both the interviews were mostly behavioural.

Interview Questions

• In a construction zone you see a rock obstructing you. what would you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burbank Water and Power (Burbank, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

I heard about this job offer from the Engineering Dean at my university. He forwarded us an email sent by a Burbank Water and Power Manager requesting for Engineering interns. In the email it was mentioned that we had to apply directly to Southern California Public Power Authority (SCPPA) since they were in charge of hiring and payroll. So I sent my resume & cover letter to the contact at SCPPA.

A month later, SCPPA called me for an interview at Burbank Water and Power. I was interviewed by 2 managers but none of them turn out to be my future boss.

The interview questions were pretty basic: They asked me about my weaknesses and strengths, examples on some projects I did, how I did troubleshooting in my previous company and whether I was competent in MS Office. The final question they asked me was what I would do if I was given a task I did not know how to accomplish.

Once I got the green light, I had to go to the SCPPA office to submit my paper work, did my background check and started work 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you applied your ability to use analytical techniques to define problems or design solutions.They asked me the same question twice so in the 2nd time I was not sure what to say and repeated the same answer I gave the first time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for interns

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Burbank Water and Power (Burbank, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I got to know about this opportunity from my school. I applied online on SCPPA website and I got an interview call after 4 months. I gave an interview and got selected after a week. I got offer letter after a month and started working after completing all the application process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you!
      One project that you are most proud of!
      Software that I am proficient in   1 Answer

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burbank Water and Power (Burbank, CA).

Interview

After submitting a résumé I was called in for an interview. The interview process took about 30-40 min. There is only 1 interview and no written tests. Interview panel consisted of about 4 people. Make eye contact with everyone interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions. Nothing power related.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Know your interviewers, let them know that you are not afraid to learn. Show that you are approachable. Be confident

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burbank Water and Power (Burbank, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I was scheduled for an onsite interview for this position. I drove all the way to Burbank. I got there early and waited to be called in. I went in and they didn't ask me much. They said I do not have oracle database experience and no Oracle certification. I was kicked out in 15 minutes. Apparently they didnt even look at my resume listing that most of my experience was in software development. Its rude for them to waste my time like this and the screening process was bad.