Burton Snowboards Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burton Snowboards Interview Questions

Interviews at Burton Snowboards

2.7

HRBP Interview

Interview

Wow - what an experience! My partner and I had decided to move to the northeast after over 20 years in NYC. That said, I start there because I know I have a high bar for candidate experience and the interview process. Now, on to Burton Snowboards -- I applied online for the role and was contacted by a leader on their Culture and Talent team. I've never had an initial call where an individual had the inability to a) speak to any mission, vision, culture or values, and b) articulate what the scope of the role was. I honestly felt as though I was transported back to the 90s and on an episode of candid camera. I understand the bar for talent might be lower in rural VT but I do hope leadership takes a look at some point and assesses who they're putting on the front lines to represent their brand. Hard pass for me.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burton Snowboards (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

I enjoyed talking with the people from Burton because it gave me more insight on how the company was run and what it takes to become a participating member of Burton Snowboards. The asked a lot of questions but no that I felt were overly difficult or unnecessary. Overall I enjoyed the experience because I learned some important things about the company and its inner-workings.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burton Snowboards.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted immediately by HR. We set up a 30 minute phone interview. This went well so we scheduled an hour phone interview with the hiring manager for the role. This went well so we scheduled a trip to Burlington. Burton covered transport and put me up in a hotel. They gave me a schedule beforehand detailing everyone I would be meeting with. I met 11 people in total over the course of 6.5 hours. It was very casual, more of a meet and greet. Everyone was organized and super friendly. Total time from first phone call to job offer was 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background
      Why Burton?
      What is your relationship with the brand?
      Why are you looking to leave your current company?
      How do you feel about travel?
      What is your skill level with PLM systems?
      How do you feel about Vermont?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burton Snowboards (Burlington, VT).

Interview

I talked with some of the other engineers about my courses, what was relevant, what I could do, and snowboarding. It was cool. It just felt like 3 guys in a room chatting about what was to be done. I toured the place and met some of the other people.

Interview Questions

• What courses am I taking, what kind of programming can I do, can I model in SolidWorks, etc.   Answer Question

Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burton Snowboards (South Burlington, VT) in October 2010.

Interview

I wore casual Burton apparel which was a good choice- definitely not the place to overdress. I wasn't asked any formal interview questions. The manager didn't seem to know what questions to ask and it was a bit awkward at times, but we had some good conversations. I know a LOT about the company and was clearly an over-qualified candidate, but the company tends to only hire from within for the non entry-level positions. I was never contacted again by the company... Even after calling several times after the interview and after I was promised I'd be contacted "either way".

Interview Questions

• No formal questions. Maybe a little of "why are you applying for this position, what's your experience like", etc.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

Interview

After applying online, I received a call from the manager who spoke with me briefly to discuss the logistics of me working while also being a full time student. I had an in person interview the next week, and we discussed my work and snowboarding experience, what I expected from the job and where I wanted to go with the company, and the manager also asked several situational questions. I think that he was also evaluating my enthusiasm and excitement about the company in addition to the standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give an example of how I had helped someone in an uncomfortable situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate much, mostly just made my schedule work for me so that I could work and also attend classes.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burton Snowboards (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Chill vibe, just wanted know about past work experience and knowledge of snowboarding. Basically just seeing if you knew about riding gear and if you could talk to people. Burton hooks it up with a sweet discount for all sales people, and their always throwing some awesome events throughout the year at the flagship store.

Interview Questions

• Nothing hard at all. Basic riding questions and interpersonal skill questions.   Answer Question

User Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Burton Snowboards (Burlington, VT) in June 2015.

Interview

Burton HR was thorough, inviting, and transparent during the interview process. I was scheduled for two phone interviews – first with HR, and a second with direct report for the position that I applied for – for a preliminary vetting. Following the phone interviews, a 5 hour on site interview was scheduled with the various department stakeholders with whom I would potentially be working.

The on site interview was well paced and each Burton team member was prepared, open, forthcoming with Burton culture and expectations, and on point with their individual conversations with me regarding my qualifications and personal interests in joining the company.

Each Burton team member that I met was exceedingly professional and passionate regarding their work and the company. A dynamic combination.

Interview Questions

• I had been working remotely for 9 years and was asked about my hopes and hesitations in shifting from a flexible, remote collaboration working environment to one in office with constant day-to-day interaction. I was also asked about my collaboration and communication style across multiple disciplines.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

I spoke on the phone with two engineers. Very casual conversation going over my background and experiences. All in all it may have lasted 30 minutes. Did not end up receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• I spoke on the phone with two engineers. Very casual conversation going over my background and experiences.   Answer Question

Creative Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burton Snowboards.

Interview

Hiring Process was to be expected. Applied a few times for different positions before I was contacted. Flaky in terms of phone interviews and scheduling an actual in house interview. Interview to relocation to BTV was 2 months.