Business for Social Responsibility Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Business for Social Responsibility Interview Questions

Interviews at Business for Social Responsibility

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Business for Social Responsibility (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The executive assistant reached out to me to schedule a 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager. I then had a final in person interview at the office in SF. It was there for 3 hours and interviewed 3 directors and had a "test" where I was required to write a convincing memo about an environmental issue.

Interview Questions

• What stakeholders would you have at the table to discuss a new environmental proposal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Business for Social Responsibility (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

One initial screening interview via Skype, one in-person in San Francisco with 3 or 4 one on ones with various employees. The in-person interview process was poorly organized and pretty disrespectful. After waiting in reception for a bit and then being taken to another room I waited anywhere from 10 minutes to 40 minutes between interviewers. Then was given an impromptu computer exercise with a laptop that died after about 10 minutes into the 30 minutes assignment. I'm dyslexic and the computer pop-up felt rather discriminatory. Interview ran 2.5 hours late. The interview itself was not difficult but very disrespectful and degrading.

Interview Questions

• Can't recall specifics, mostly question to get a feel of my work experience.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Business for Social Responsibility.

Interview

Five interviews total. First was a phone interview, the rest were skype interviews. Each interview was 30 minutes long which made it difficult to actually ask all of the questions I had since their questions generally took about 20-25 minutes. Job interviews are as much about showing the hiring manager why you're qualified as well as learning about the position and company culture. From the time I submitted my application to finally hearing back about the job was over 3 months. They never reached out to me to let me know their final decision after all of those interviews. Once I reached out they finally gave me an email response.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview focused on behavioral questions regarding team work settings, resume questions, and areas of interest within sustainability. Skype interviews were more detailed questions regarding materiality assessments of the financial industry. Many of the questions were repetitive.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Business for Social Responsibility (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview, followed by face to face interview (they did not pay for travel), followed by a written assignment and another interview in person, then a salary conversation.
    They do not pay for relocation and the salary conversation comes very late in the process. They do not pay very high salaries.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to CSR experience, how you rate your awareness of issues and a lot of content related questions.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Business for Social Responsibility (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I was referred internally by a former colleague and immediately started interviewing for an Associate Director role. After the screening interview with HR and hiring manager, I moved into the second (and final) stage of the interviewing process. In the final interview, I had 3 interviewers (45min). Each interviewer was examining a different aspect of the role - fit/personality, technical competency, and background. All interviewers were super pleasant and well prepared. I really enjoyed interviewing with BSR, even though I did not get an offer in the end. Great interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your former employer? What books do you read? What podcasts do you listen? Why are you interested in this role? Why BSR? Can you describe the work you did for your former employer?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

Very friendly, mostly about your experiences and trying to get to know you better. Will walk through your résumé with you and ask about why you did the things you listed.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Business for Social Responsibility (San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

brought in to the office for 3 days. Round of interviews with senior management and directors. No testing. The most extensive part was salary negotiation. Important to understand the structure of the organization and how you fit into the structure.

BDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Business for Social Responsibility (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

it was not tht bad of a proces because it took about 55 minutes. I ate a banana before that didnt feel to well in my stomache during the interivew.

Manager, Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Business for Social Responsibility (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Online application.
    Initial phone screen -- 30 min.
    In person interview with 3 individuals and one group of two.

Interview Questions

• Social responsibility challenges facing pharma industry.   1 Answer

Salary too low for management consulting manager role.

Manager, Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Business for Social Responsibility (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty straightforward process. It included two phone screens, then in person interviews with three people, and then I was made an offer. I was not asked any difficult questions and to this day do not understand why. The interview process since I was hired has changed a bit and seems more rigorous, especially at the senior level with presentations and writing samples required. I had to do none of that.

Interview Questions

• None actually - I was just asked to explain my experience in more detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Salary was low, and they wouldn't budge.