Byrne Electrical Specialists Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Byrne Electrical Specialists Interview Questions

Interviews at Byrne Electrical Specialists

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Byrne Electrical Specialists (Rockford, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

applied online and was called in for an interview. the person that was supposed to interview me was unable to come in that day. someone else ended p interviewing me. the interview was pretty simple. just a few basic questions about myself and why i was interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• why did i choose the field and department that i am going into.   Answer Question

Dec 6, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to come to Byrne and interview. I apologize this was your experience with our interview process, as it is not the impression we would want to leave an interviewer with... More

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Byrne Electrical Specialists (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process was horrible. I first had a phone interview, which got pushed because of issues on their end. I was moved on to the second phase which was a panel interview, which also got pushed back a week at the very last minute. They are all over the place and don't know what they are doing. During my panel interview, I could easily see that some of the IT guys were just not interested in what I was saying. Only apply if you are very passionate about their mission.

Assembly Worker Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Byrne Electrical Specialists.

Interview

The interview process has changed since I was "interviewed" years ago. I was told by the employment agency that I had an interview but when I showed up for the interview it was actually an orientation. I am told that there are actual interviews now. After my orientation, I was supposed to be given a tour but no one was available to give the tour. I was then told to show up on Monday at 5 a.m., after being told that the hours were 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m., and that was the end of the process.

Interview Questions

• The employment agency only asked if I would be willing to work occasional overtime and occasional Saturdays.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Byrne Electrical Specialists in January 2016.

Interview

Byrne's interview process is one of the worst I've experienced. Begins with a group interview (multiple candidates, maybe for the same job you're after and maybe not), then a panel interview (you and several current employees cycling in and out), then a business simulation which you do get paid for but is freaking terrible. The panel interviews are disorganized and you can tell the employees have a million other things going on in their minds. To you, as a candidate, the business simulation is the ultimate big deal, but when you're presenting, people aren't paying attention or leave early. It's truly terrible.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Byrne Electrical Specialists (Rockford, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online got a call to schedule the (phone) interview almost immediately after submitting. The interview was a little disorganized but specific with details on how to handle situations, detailed on what projects I had worked on and what skills I acquired, very big on learning more about the company - except no information was provided regarded the actual position despite asking.

Interview Questions

• They asked for specific examples of situations in the workplace and how to handle them. Also was asked what projects I had worked in related field and what skills I took away from that experience.   Answer Question

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Byrne Electrical Specialists (Rockford, MI) in November 2018.

Interview

I had read on Glassdoor prior to the interview that this felt like more of a weird psychological experiment than an interview and to not bother. I couldn't agree with that sentiment more and wish I listened to it when I first read it.

I had been told this was a new position. Based on the other reviews, I believe that to be a lie. My group interview was with someone who had at least 10 years of experience on me. At the end of the interview, I was told they were looking for someone with more experience. My years of experience were laid out very clearly on my resume and I could have easily been screened out sooner. This interview did feel much more like a sadistic game than a true interview. I'd avoid this company and these people at all costs.

Interview Questions

Byrne Electrical Specialists Response

Mar 13, 2019 – Talent Development Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Our intent is not for our interviewees to have a bad experience. We are sorry that your experience was not a good one. At Byrne, our interview process is... More

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Byrne Electrical Specialists (Rockford, MI) in July 2018.

Interview

They really make candidates jump through hoops with a 4-part interview process: (1) HR screening for experience; (2) Group interview with other candidates for "cultural fit." (3) Presentation to a panel and then individual meetings afterwards; (4) Spend 4 hours working on-site as a consultant. If you're not that interested in the company, I wouldn't bother.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you made a mistake? Who was your best manager and why? What are your pet peeves in the workplace? What was your most challenging position and would you do it again? Which of these candidates (group interview) would you move forward in the process?   1 Answer

Aug 8, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for coming in and Interviewing for the Content Manger position. We know everyone’s time is valuable and it is not our intention to make candidates feel as they are jumping through hoops. We... More

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Byrne Electrical Specialists.

Interview

Interview process is unorthodox. They'll interview you for whatever position they want to regardless of what you've applied for. Their HR department is all over the place - they canceled and rescheduled about 3 times. A month into the interview process, they scheduled a phone call, they waited till the hour of the call to ask if I could come in for the interview. I interviewed for a mid-level Analyst position, and they asked me to interview for an Executive Assistant to the CEO. I Spent a 15 minute call with the CEO - he seemed irritated that I wasn't basking in his glorious light. He never read my resume. He was angry that I asked him to describe the position in a little bit more detail as all he did was repeat that it was a 'strategic' and a 'family-cultural' environment. He told me if I wanted to be competitive as an analyst, I should get a Ph.D (because analysts get Ph.Ds, now?). I was put off by the disorganization of the entire company operations. The CEO is arrogant and completely unaware of his own business, I told him I didn't think I "fit well within the culture of the company, and that I was not interested in the position." He abruptly ended the conversation and hung up.

Interview Questions

• In a group interview, they asked who I would recommend for the job.   1 Answer

Aug 8, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your interview process. I’m sorry this was your experience with Byrne, and assure you it is not a typical one. Please know we take all... More

Insight Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Byrne Electrical Specialists.

Interview

The interview process was intense - phone interviews, followed by a group interview, a panel interview and a business simulation exercise. In total, I spent 40 hours on the simulation alone.

Interview Questions

• In the group interview with people applying to the same job: After hearing the other candidates' experience and answers, tell us why you think YOU should get the job?   1 Answer

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Byrne Electrical Specialists (Rockford, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was very long, drawn out, and ineffective. Their lack of organization was very apparent; so was their understanding of what type of person they were looking for to fill this role. A lot of time was wasted for all parties involved.