ByteDance Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 768 of over 768 interviews

Recruiter16%
Employee Referral12%
HardAverageEasy

ByteDance

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ByteDance

Interview

At first, there was a phone call asking about the working location and booking an interview time. In the interview, there were questions about statistics, projects, SQL, and some business case problems.

Interview Questions
  • Q: How would you measure the result of an A/B test?
    Answer Question

ByteDance

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ByteDance

Interview

I was told by HR to move forward to the "next stage" of an interview. Didn't go through any preceding rounds though, but might have been due to another previous interview by HR for another role (a few months earlier). Talked mainly about my CV and what I did for those roles. Was then told I made it for the "next round". This is when things got ridiculous. I was initially told the afternoon before that the timing of the 2nd session needs to be changed due to some last minute meeting that the interviewer needs to attend. No problem, then there was a slight adjustment again to shift forward slightly earlier, still no problem as I managed to deconflict my schedule. Then shortly after, was told that it has to be postponed again 2 days later as there are more meetings that came in. Still, no problem, I will fit into the schedule as I know there are exigencies. On that day morning, I got another message that the call has to be postponed again due to the COVID situation in the interviewer's country. The new timing will be following Mon, likewise, no problem, exigency happens. When Mon came, was told that interviewer got sick, and got to postpone again. Only this time round, there was no proposal for new dates and that the Hiring Manager would need to be consulted. Perhaps understandably so due to the multiple changes to the call that happened. And thats when nothing was heard out after that, dropped a text message to the recruiter, dropped an email, but nothing came back. Effectively ghosted. For a supposed well established MNC, the hiring process is really screwed up.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about ByteDance

Join the conversation on

Tech

206.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=ByteDance~1624196
Join the conversation on

ByteDance

Application

I interviewed at ByteDance

Interview

The interviewers includes Senior SDE, team lead, and HRG. Quick pace. All within a week and oc. Interview focuses on computer system basics, and project experience, and 1/3 of the time went to algorithms. Not too many challenges.

Interview Questions
  • Apart from computer system basics (OS, databases, network), there's a system design question of a distributed data storage system and a network system.

ByteDance

Application

I interviewed at ByteDance

Interview

Got contact by a head hunter. Together has 3 rounds of tech interviews asking about CS fundamentals, leetcode algo etc. The interview took 3 weeks to finish, overall a good experience.

ByteDance

Application

I interviewed at ByteDance

Interview

Had a 30 mins call with HR and was completely ghosted afterwards which says a lot about the company. No respect for people. I have chased twice 3 weeks after the interview and was completely ignored. Basic human manners would be nice to say, thank you for your time but unfortunately we decided not to proceed. If your recruiters don't know how to draft a generic courtesy email please use my sentence above.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ByteDance

Application

I interviewed at ByteDance

Interview

-Bert for cv Software Engineer; -International -Need to have strong understanding of the algo -Landing metrics -Most difficult task you've ever done before -Quick response to escalations and oncall system - The HR will contact u for the next round

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ByteDance (Singapore) in May 2022

Interview

One on one interview. The interview took about 30 mins to 40 mins. Asked mostly about your strengths and how you will utilise your strengths in the job. Had a couple of more difficult questions

Interview Questions
  • How would you ensure that the talents you recruited from overseas has their visas processed smoothly and quickly?

ByteDance

Application

I interviewed at ByteDance

Interview

The interview are very relaxing, I did my interview over zoom. They first will sent an email for the time schedule, and when the time is selected, the company will send a follow-up email for the confirmation. Questions are fare and they are all around my previous work experience. The interviewer are super professional.

Interview Questions
  • different position tend to have different questions. But, most of the companies will always ask is, why us, or why you left your previous company.

ByteDance

Application

I interviewed at ByteDance

Interview

Scouted by HR on the job hunting website. Then I sent my CV via email and get back from HR and did interviews several times. 1st round: Interview with HR 2nd round: Interview with hiring managers

Interview Questions
  • What skills do you want to gain through this internship? Tell me anything you know about TikTok.

ByteDance

Application

I interviewed at ByteDance

Interview

Many rounds but questions were mainly the same revolving around your previous experiences. Could be better if we could know in advanced who the interviewers were and if better communication was done amongst the interviewers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 768 Interviews

ByteDance Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at ByteDance as 51.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.99 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer(Internship) and Data Analyst rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Product Manager and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at ByteDance takes an average of 23 days when considering 425 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Data Analyst had the quickest hiring process (on average 9 days), whereas Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 39 days).

Common stages of the interview process at ByteDance according to 425 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 25.00%