C2 Essentials Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

3.2

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at C2 Essentials (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

The process was fairly quick and smooth. I had a phone screen, then my initial interview with the department Manager and Supervisor in the same week. A couple of weeks later, I had a final interview with another Manager, and received an offer that same week. They were trying to fill the position immediately, despite Management being away on vacation, so their persistence to move the process forward was appreciated. When offered the position, I found the salary to be too low and benefits to be too expensive. The Recruiter also made a comment about how I should handle the offer gracefully because I'm just starting my career. This rubbed me the wrong way, because I have 4 years of professional experience in the Business field. Because of this, and the comments by my final interviewer about drinking being allowed in the office during business hours (as early as after the morning meeting, if it was stressful enough!), I decided to decline the offer for a better fit.

Interview Questions

C2 Essentials Response

Sep 11, 2017 – General Counsel

Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding C2’s interview process. The position you applied for required three plus years of experience in payroll. Although you did not meet the required... More

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at C2 Essentials (Sterling, VA).

Interview

The process went very smoothly. I was contacted for a phone interview which went well followed by an inhouse interview. The phone interview included typical questions about working with a team, communication skills, writing skills, current HR reponsibilities, and recent successes.

Interview Questions

• The face to face interview included a test of my HR knowledge with a series of compliance questions: FMLA, EEO-1, VETS, AAP, etc. Due to my extensive years as an HR professional, I was not uncomfortable and faired well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I researched the salary trends and I was able to negotiate a little. The offer was fair and acceptable.

Office Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at C2 Essentials in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume, contacted by someone that worked here. Asked me about my previous experience. Set me up with an interview, met with management and then had a second interview with the owner. Read reviews online so I decided not to move forward with this company.

Payroll Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at C2 Essentials (Dulles, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Kindly interview, discuss previous work experience and related duty, what to expect in the new position, what kind of management do you prefer. can you work overtime, work under pressure. Do you have self-motivated work attitude.

Interview Questions

• how many years of experience do you have in this area, and what achievement did you get in the previous position ?   Answer Question
    • could you work overtime ?   Answer Question