C2 Essentials Reviews | Glassdoor

Jackie Asencio

1. "Great Service"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at C2 Essentials full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

C2 Essentials is our HR and Payroll provider, (PEO). Recently there was an issue with our health care provider that HR handled immediately to resolve. When the person I normally speak with was unavailable, I was put through to a manager and she was able to assist without missing a beat, knew exactly who I was. HR and Payroll are always professional and available to handle my inquiries. I could not be happier with C2 Essentials service.

Cons

I have no negative feedback.

Advice to Management

Thank you for having exceptional staff and it is a pleasure working with C2 Essentials. Please let your team know how fantastic they are!

"IMO"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at C2 Essentials full-time

Pros

I want to address some of the comments in Reviews that I have read. First off I would like to state that I am a long-time employee who has ‘lasted’ all these years without being a butt kisser or part of the ‘clicks’. I am a long-time employee because I work hard, admit to my failures and work to improve and prevent repeating failures.
    I agree with the statement don’t get caught up in the office “politics”. This is not just an issue at C2. I have worked for several companies over the years and if you look for it or if it is very much ‘out there’ to see – you will find the office politics and your best bet is to just not jump into it.
    As for judging the employees and the owner – Everyone will have a different opinion of those they work for or with. While parts of each opinion may be agreed upon it does not mean that any one opinion is gospel. To base whether or not you want to work for a company on if the owner is ‘hard’ to work for, then maybe it is a good idea you don’t come on board with that negative attitude.
    Turnover rate is EXTREMELY HIGH. Yes, there is a Turnover rate that is high at C2. It is a very high stressed, time sensitive and deadline driven work place. If you are looking for a slow pace easy going job then C2 is not for you. If you value your work ethics and at the end of the day (no matter how ‘crazy’ it got) you are proud of the work you did for the companies ‘clients”, then come on board! Most positions within C2 are like riding a roller coaster… sometimes it is a nice slow chug to the top and/or the downward ride can be full of twists and turns at high speeds. If you enjoy multi-tasking and can shift gears (daily or hourly sometimes) than you will do fine at any position in this company.
    In reference to the statement that computers and emails are monitored that is true. This company works within a ‘business’ that is highly competitive. And restriction on employees computers and email are monitored. Sadly it is needed to ensure that our clients are kept confidential and that the way C2 performs it business is not compromised.
    In a statement posted as Advice to Management – What was written was, “Need a post it? Send in a request first. Need a notebook? Better send in that request. All office supplies and food items are locked away.” First not all supplies and/or food is locked away during business hours. In order to keep an accurate account of supplies, i.e. post-it and notebooks, there needs to be a way to track usage so supplies can be restocked. Requests for supplies that are available via the request are normally provided same day or within an hour to the requestee.
    Want to work independently? Don’t come to C2 if you can't be a team player. No one person ‘does it all’ at C2. It is a combination of multiple departments working together to best serve our clients and their employees.
    To the review titled “Not a place to build a Career”. Studies show that the idea of a “Career” has been dying a slow death over the years. This day and age a job is what is sought after. A job that that you can perform, as well as learn and improve. It provides a pay that ensure you can live within your means. Most jobs are what careers use to be.
    Time management and Scheduled work hours and lunch breaks have been criticized. Sorry I have to put it out there…. REALLY? C2 has employees with their clients all over the WORLD! Core hours are set and each employee works those hours (and more if needed). There needs to be someone available in each department during those core hours to be available to assist clients and employees from everywhere. Lunch is divided into two one hour lunch breaks. Each department or team within a department divides the employees up into one of those hours to ensure that there is coverage for the department to assist the needs of clients and employees.
    Even though "extras" like the whole company going to an opening of a movie, bowling, baseball and football games, in house 'parties' and other events are a great bonus for working at C2 is should not be the reason you apply. Activities outside of the office space normally permit the employees to include their families and these have been a great success!
    BTW I was not forced or coerced to write this review. I have in the past stirred friends and family to apply.

Cons

Yes, is does get crazy sometimes. Yes, we all think of walking out from time to time. Yes, we get frustrated with each other. Yes, there is the appearance of favorites, clicks etc. However, all of this is not restricted to just C2. Many organizations have similar issues and/or more. C2 has many Pros and Cons you will find anywhere.

Advice to Management

Do the best you can for your employees and co-workers and they will do their best not for you but for the clients and employees that we service. They are what matter.

3. "Sales Coordinator"

Former Employee - Receptionist/Operator/Sales Coordinator in Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - Receptionist/Operator/Sales Coordinator in Winchester, VA

I worked at C2 Essentials (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing senior staff willing to assist in the advancement of all employees

Cons

30 and under company for benefits so coat to employee is high met than that of a larger company

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity to work with you. I truly enjoyed my time at C2

"We have been forced and coerced to write a review :("

Current Employee - Management in Dulles, VA
    Current Employee - Management in Dulles, VA

I have been working at C2 Essentials full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You learn a lot by working here.

Cons

Volatile Environment
    Bi-polar, insane, medicated, fault finder, blame...emotionally unstable...(just to name a few of the traits here)..if you work here, you are constantly walking on egg shells. Do NOT get caught up in the politics here. It's sad when your employees are treated like children instead of adults.

The owner will come in yelling at people for a mistake instead of sitting down understanding what's wrong and coming up with solutions to make sure it doesn't happen again.

A lot of times personal issues are taken out on the employees.

Turnover rate is EXTREMELY HIGH. When interviewing if you ask that question, they will say most of our employees have been here 10+ years. (Note:) These are employees that are BFFs with the owner and started the company with her.
    Payroll
    Accounting
    HR
    Ask how long they've known each other. Then do a tour around the facility and ask each and every person how long have they been there and if they really like who they work for.

Advice to Management

Company gets the job done while being a consultant to other companies. HOWEVER, they are not good to their employees. The owner has great potential to be a wonderful person, however, in my opinion, I believe her personal life has affected the way she develops and maintains great relationships, especially with people that are close to her. (employees) These are people that work with her on a daily basis. If your personal life isn't what you want it to be or hasn't been the greatest, don't allow that to control how you view your employees or talk to your employees.

Treat them with respect. Stop posting 5 star reviews when your company is clearly a 1 or a 5.
    Stop having meetings with the team to say did you see the newest review and demanding that everyone post a review. It's getting pretty sad. To get real reviews, just treat us better!

C2 Essentials Response

May 11, 2016 – General Counsel

Thank you for your candid personal review of C2. The company’s executive team, and especially the CEO, want all employees to feel empowered to make great decisions that are in the best interest of ... More

"C2 is a stepping stone"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

I worked at C2 Essentials full-time

Pros

Casual attire is allowed. Onsite parties and occasional catered lunches. Many co-workers are nice.. C2 is a good stepping stone to learn more about the HR profession and ASO/PEO.

Cons

-Extremely high turnover. Many new employees are either fired or quit in the first few weeks or months.
    -Micromanagement. There's not much autonomy, and there are lots of forms to fill out. Computers and email are monitored. Time sheets are scrutinized (even if you're salaried). Work schedules are rigid. Employees whereabouts are tracked.
    -No reviews and little room for advancement. It's strange that an HR company doesn't formally review employee performance. Accomplishments aren't given much praise (such as bonuses or merit increases). It is very difficult to get an independent raise or advance in the company.
    -Intimidating work environment. You have to have a thick skin to make it here. Don't speak unless spoken to, don't make eye contact.

Advice to Management

Culture is trickle-down.

7. "FINANCE"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA

I have been working at C2 Essentials full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great place to work! A lot of promotions from within, good pay, flex schedules, fun atmosphere.
    A lot of employees have been here more than 5 and 7 years which speaks for itself :)
    Very focused on what is best for both clients and employees.

Cons

only if a fast paced environment is not for you, you will drown.

8. "Proud to be Part of this Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

I have been working at C2 Essentials full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Forward thinking, progressive company that values not just its clients, but its employees as well. Although I have been here less than a year, many company employees have been here more than 5 years, some more than 10 years, and a handful even longer than that! The company operates in a fast paced environment; and people who enjoy that type of work seem to do really do well here.

Cons

No cons, per se. But this is not the place for "shrinking violets." The Company's team oriented structure requires active participation and engagement from everybody.

9. "A good company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Pros

I worked in the industry at another firm. This company is dedicated to the clients and the client's needs. This firm does not "nickle & dime" the clients to death for extra services. They have no hidden fees and are transparent with pricing and services. They also do not promise certain features or services that are not ready to go right then. It is also a tightly run ship and there are excellent business practices in place to hold down overhead. The facility is nice. Parking and dressing casual is an added perk along with good benefits. The C-Level team are industry experts and very willing to share their knowledge with the team and especially the clients. It is a great place to learn.

Cons

Some internal administrative processes can be refined through technology.

Advice to Management

The company needs more get to know you activities with the entire team.

10. "HR Account Manager"

Current Employee - Human Resources Account Manager in Dulles, VA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Account Manager in Dulles, VA

I have been working at C2 Essentials full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

C2 is like no other company to work for; the company values their employees and understands that if they treat their employees right their employees will treat the customers right. From having a big company benefits package, to allowing all employees to have a voice, to providing some over the top benefits; parties, education/certification benefits, to the impromptu get together in the kitchen; the best place to work and the best career choice I ever made

Cons

Cons; not for me personally, but if you do not like to work in a fast-paced environment or have a quick turnaround on a project, this is not the place for you

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

11. "HR Manager"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at C2 Essentials full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Management is open to new ideas, great office space, fun perks (socials and luncheons), flexible schedules - especially for parents and students.

Cons

Traffic to office can be heavy on Route 28 and Route 7.

Advice to Management

Consider creating career paths for entry level positions.