CAL State LA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.7

Supplemental Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CAL State LA (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I sat down with the lead counselor for the EOP Program, and we talked about the history of the program, and our visions for each of us, and what prior experience qualified me for this position.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions I was asked revolved around on what I knew of the history of EOP (equal opportunity program). I didn't know too much, so I asked the interviewer, and we opened discussion more on the purpose of the program.   Answer Question

Financial Aid Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CAL State LA (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Took about 2 weeks to hear back. Interview scheduled by email, selected available time slot. Panel of 3. Short about 20 min. Question and answer not conversational. They read off questions from list. Typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.

ECE GA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAL State LA (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The process was with my adviser, so the interview was very casual since we were acquainted. Workload was also flexible and accommodating, but limited to only 20 hrs a week

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CAL State LA in August 2016.

Interview

Typical interview process. Nothing special. However, make sure HR is involved in the process. If not, you can expect to a lack of professionalism that will make you wonder why you applied in the first place.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CAL State LA (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Announcement was done in introduction ceremony. Then applied to staff support center along with 3 copies of recommendation. Called for an interview by respective professors. After completing interview. They submitted their review to panel and sent an appointment letter

Interview Questions

• Have you checked assignments and graded exam papers previously?   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CAL State LA (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

it was an interview for an entry level network engg position. the requiremnts for the interview is damn to high for an entry level they except you to have a ccna and ccnp. at beginning it was about rip , ospf and acl and after that it was in to switches 9k , 7k.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CAL State LA (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

They had a list of questions and took turn to ask. They didn't take any notes. They were 20 mins late. Overall interview was short and did not ask extra questions.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CAL State LA (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Before hiring there should interview which took some of the Microsoft Software's basic knowledge.
    The interview was almost an hour,which include HR and one of the Microsoft Software based practical test.

Administrative Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at CAL State LA (East Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Three people process including the people I would work for.
    A 30 minute test on abilities
    I was shown where I would work. Open area no privacy, no cubicles.
    They asked a lot about if I knew how to keep secrets.

Interview Questions

• Did I lock my computer screen   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CAL State LA (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

2-day visit, 30min one-one-one meetings all day, lunch with students, attended a student poster session. Meet with lab managers. Had the chance to interacts with a wide variety of faculty and students. Then dinner with faculty. Gave a talk, meet the Dean. All in a all a great experience. Good place for learning and science. Everybody was professional, explained the tenure process, promotions, teaching and research load.