CIMB Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CIMB Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.7

The Complete Banker Interview

Interview

I was called by the HR for phone interview, then he called me for face to face interview. The second stage was online assessment, and the third stage is presentation. The fourth stage is the interview with the HR Director.

Interview Questions

• The presentation was quite tough. the panels will expect you to know details.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CIMB Group (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in November 2017.

Interview

Took 2 weeks to process my resume and called me up to interview. The staff there is friendly, the interviewer will start off by asking you to introduce yrself and go through the resume one by one

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIMB Group.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call after 3 weeks, asked about preferred departments, and also a written assessment required. After that, shortlisted for interview. It is a one to one interview with the HR

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CIMB Group.

Interview

Psychotest, management interview, logic test. I think there are 30 question in 1 part of logic test.
    Medical checkup will be done when you has been qualified as passed candidate.
    There is one session for debate session with another candidate. The question is about bank and general things. I think it is not difficult. It is a general knowledge. They just see how you think and react when problem is occured.

Regional Risk Validation, Group Risk Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIMB Group (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in July 2017.

Interview

There are three stages of the process. Firstly, I was asked to fill up two assessments. One is personality test and another one is essay written assessment about the current social issue. The flaw of this process is the HR or the incharged person did not clarify how long should the test be done. After the assessment, I was invited to go for panel interview. My nightmare begun as the interview process is very much stressful. The interviewers are very formal and unfriendly. After the interview, I was asked to do the final assessment to test my ability of coding and analyzing. In my personal view, their coding part is very much challenging as they expect the fresh graduates to master the coding language before applying this job.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CIMB Group (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2017.

Interview

Standard interview session, starts of by understanding you and asking about yourself. After that they proceed to ask you about the tasks you have done previously and what have you been involved in. There is a written test involving SAS Base Programming, so prepare for that.

Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIMB Group.

Interview

I applied for investment banking. Hence it took place at CIMB KL Sentral.

It was from 8am to 2.30pm with just 5 candidates per day

1. Writing assessment (wrote a 300 word essay for 30 mins)
    2. Online assessment (test your speed and accuracy and ability to learn new things quickly) - approx 40 min long
    3. 1:1 interview with HR. (They will scrutinize your CV and personality. They'll even ask "how would your friends describe you?")
    4. Case study and presentation. Given 1 hour to prepare answer and slide presentation in your designated group. Then lunch where you get to mingle with those who have been in the programme. Then presentation where you will present to the panel which consist of the IB team and HR. Basically you're suppose to pick a company to invest in and justify it.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think the economy will go 2 years from now seeing Trump won the elections?   Answer Question

SL1M Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CIMB Group (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

I went to the walk in interview. Just bring everything they asked in the job post. Be sure to arrive early. There are a lot of documents to fill in and you need to write an essay too.

The first interview (Friday) went well. Took around 7-10mins. The interviewer asked me questions like:
    - Tell me about urself
    - Why did you choose this course
    - which department you wanna be in (I told her to be placed in IT department and she asked question like IT language that I knew and she jot down as I answered)
    - where did you know about this job/she asked how much u will be paid/how months this program will be

2nd interview (next Monday) with employees from IT department itself. It took around 20-25mins.
    - tell me about urself
    - strength and weaknesses
    - if you have made any system/website she will ask how long does it take for you to finished it and you also might need to explain why u made that system/website. How it will benefit to people.
    - they will ask questions are u willing to stay until late night bcause working in IT department they have to work 24hours something like that. (I said as long as there's still public transport available then im okay) haha so don't answer like me come out with something else okay?
    - would you mind to work on weekends?
    - where do see urself in 3years and 10 years from now.

Be prepared and be sure about anything you want. Be specific about what you want and told them why you want it. Shows how keen you are. It isn't my luck but I'm sure there are for you guys. Good luck!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CIMB Group.

Interview

I applied through university career fair. The process took about 2 weeks. I received a phone call and a form consists of essay and your interested area is sent via email once you have been shortlisted for interview. It is one - to - one interview with HR executive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Briefly talk about your achievement   Answer Question

The Complete Banker Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CIMB Group (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online tests (personality, iq, maths, verbal reasoning), role play session followed by interview with HR manager and there is supposed to be another 2 interviews with one below the director and the director himself