CIMB Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CIMB Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.7

The Complete Banker Interview

Interview

I was called by the HR for phone interview, then he called me for face to face interview. The second stage was online assessment, and the third stage is presentation. The fourth stage is the interview with the HR Director.

Interview Questions

• The presentation was quite tough. the panels will expect you to know details.   Answer Question

SL1M Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CIMB Group (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

I went to the walk in interview. Just bring everything they asked in the job post. Be sure to arrive early. There are a lot of documents to fill in and you need to write an essay too.

The first interview (Friday) went well. Took around 7-10mins. The interviewer asked me questions like:
    - Tell me about urself
    - Why did you choose this course
    - which department you wanna be in (I told her to be placed in IT department and she asked question like IT language that I knew and she jot down as I answered)
    - where did you know about this job/she asked how much u will be paid/how months this program will be

2nd interview (next Monday) with employees from IT department itself. It took around 20-25mins.
    - tell me about urself
    - strength and weaknesses
    - if you have made any system/website she will ask how long does it take for you to finished it and you also might need to explain why u made that system/website. How it will benefit to people.
    - they will ask questions are u willing to stay until late night bcause working in IT department they have to work 24hours something like that. (I said as long as there's still public transport available then im okay) haha so don't answer like me come out with something else okay?
    - would you mind to work on weekends?
    - where do see urself in 3years and 10 years from now.

Be prepared and be sure about anything you want. Be specific about what you want and told them why you want it. Shows how keen you are. It isn't my luck but I'm sure there are for you guys. Good luck!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CIMB Group.

Interview

I applied through university career fair. The process took about 2 weeks. I received a phone call and a form consists of essay and your interested area is sent via email once you have been shortlisted for interview. It is one - to - one interview with HR executive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Briefly talk about your achievement
      Answer Question

The Complete Banker Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CIMB Group (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online tests (personality, iq, maths, verbal reasoning), role play session followed by interview with HR manager and there is supposed to be another 2 interviews with one below the director and the director himself

Personal Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIMB Group (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by an Indian lady and a Chinese gentleman. They are very warmth and friendly. Sometimes if I didnt get a words out, they help me. I think they are very helpful and help me to calm my nervous feeling.

Interview Questions

• 1) They ask me to tell about myself.   1 Answer
    • 2) What is my sales' experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty good. Since it is commision based so i accepted that they cant give me the salary i ask for so i go with their flow instead.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CIMB Group (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in October 2016.

Interview

First round: Phone Interview

If you are accepted, they will ask you to come for second round which is face to face interview with the HR and the panel. There is also a written assessment at this stage.

Have to wait another round until you are shortlisted for another interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to resign from your current job?

How do you think you can contribute to this company?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIMB Group in August 2016.

Interview

Fill up the application form.Then,face to face interview at Menara BHL Penang with three interviewers.It tooks about one hour..After one week,then get a call from the hr for phone interview.

CIMB Fusion Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIMB Group.

Interview

It was a mixture of face to face interviews, online assessments and group presentation. For online assessments, you had to take IQ and personality tests. Both were not timed, but you are expected to answer as much questions quickly. For the interview, there was two interviewers for each candidate. They asked about personal background and standard questions like why you chose the company and what would you contribute etc..For the presentation, candidates were put into teams, 3 in each group. You have to solve business case study and present it to a panel of judges and explain the rationale behind the solution.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in 5 years working in the company.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CIMB Group (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I entered a meeting room with the Human Resource Administrator to have a seat. Not long later, the Head of department and Assistant Head of department for operations team came in to interview me. They asked me questions regarding my CV, personality, hobbies as well as excel skills.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIMB Group.

Interview

Interview was done in professional manner. So much emphasis on culture & attitude, finding the right fit for the organisation. Went thru only 1 level interview session with Director. No job description was provided as CIMB expected all staff to be multi-capable for all types of jobs (hence you need to be very careful when confirming whether can or can not do any task)