KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

CN Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 146 of over 146 interviews

Recruiter5%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

CN

Application

I interviewed at CN

Interview

it took 15min short. but very efficient. was quite impressive HR were dealing around 30-50 attendees within 5-hrs time window to manage all of attendees' screenings. the orientation that was held priorto was also informative.

Interview Questions
  • what was the most physically demanding job you ever had?
    Answer Question

CN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at CN in Jul 2022

Interview

first interview is with hiring managers and HR team member. Very positive, very professional. They are very welcoming, introduce themselves, and tell you why they've been at CN for as long as they have which is very reassuring and this makes you want to work there even more.

Interview Questions
  • They will review your experience and will want you to prove why you're a fit for the role through any accomplishments or proven track record you have in similar roles. They will also ask you situational and behavioral questions.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about CN

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

CN

Application

I interviewed at CN

Interview

Two round interview process. Mostly behavioural questions, some technicals in the second round interview. Each interview is around 30 mins, and overall a pretty good interview experience. Pretty low stress experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CN

Application

I interviewed at CN

Interview

A lot of questions related to automation and performance testing. First round with the outsourcing company. Second round with the client CN railway itself. A lot of questions can literally exhaust. No much time is given to think and answer

Interview Questions
  • Questions about automation and performance testing

CN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CN in May 2022

Interview

Short, about 30 mins. Intro of the company, and some behavioural questions. I applied 2 weeks later, I was called for an online interview. The interview took place on teams. It was very easy

Interview Questions
  • 1. What have you done recently at work or outside of work that you are very proud of . 2. How would you deal with difficult co-worker The questions require scenarios.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

The process took 2 months. I interviewed at CN (Montreal, QC)

Interview

3 step interview - straightforward and typical interview questions, online psychometric testing ...process was long due to delays on the CN side, interview dates changed a couple of times but overall ok

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CN (Vancouver, BC) in Feb 2022

Interview

Open questions about situational track record. Questions about difficult situations at other jobs, questions about your work history. Asked about your availability with a changing work schedule and how open you are to being on call.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I interviewed at CN (Toronto, ON)

Interview

I got an online assessment one week after the application to the job poste. You can prerecorded the video via phone call/tablet/webcam. It lasts 60-90min. No technical questions. Good luck

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Homewood, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CN (Homewood, IL) in Jan 2022

Interview

I got done with resume screening now attending the interview round. I will share the experience once I am done. This is a video interview in which we will be given a time of 3 days to upload it

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CN (Vancouver, BC) in Dec 2021

Interview

It was pre-recorded interview and around 5 questions should be recorded. The instruction was mentioned in the website. Also you could have some attempts before recording. The process was smooth.

Interview Questions
  • What you choose this major? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? why you are qualified for this role? why you choose our company?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 146 Interviews

CN Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at CN as 63.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.28 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Mechanical Engineer Intern and Freight Conductor rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Railroad Conductor and Applications Developer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at CN takes an average of 24 days when considering 31 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Track Laborer had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Applications Developer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 25 days).

Common stages of the interview process at CN according to 31 Glassdoor interviews include:

Drug Test: 15.15%