CNL Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CNL Software Interview Questions

1.8

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CNL Software.

Interview

It was advertised as the two step process listed here, which is obviously a false listing from the company itself. The reality was it was a stress test, a sales pitch for the company, and how willing are you to over-commit for an above average salary in the area.

They didn't care about experience or technical knowledge, I surmise because I wasnt asked any relevant questions in this area, before after a full overview of the product, I was marched in front of the CEO who was pre-occupied with what I thought of the product and his 'vision' for attacking the competition, and asking how i could contribute to this.

Interview Questions

• We're a market leader already, how far are you prepared to go to make this a success for us?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CNL Software (Cairo, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I did not apply .
    I got an email from them telling me that i was short listed for interview
    They asked me to choose a date to have a skype interview.

Software Developer Interview

Application

Interview

There were two interviews:

1. Interview with a CEO - he presented his vision of the company and development goals and we also discussed and option to manage a sub-team.

2. I was interviewed by the current Team leader.
    He admitted my interview process was a little bit non-typical because I had a previous experience within the same industry (PSIM).
    Senior developers attended as well to ask questions and give 2nd opinions.
    I was asked several question about a general approach to a new task in my previous job.
    After that I was given a short practical task, then asked me to explain what I did.

Interview Questions

• What is the approach to develop a driver connecting to a third-party system?   1 Answer

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CNL Software.

Interview

Interview was with current development manager, a very friendly South African gentleman, who was very polite.

The interview was trivially simple, alarmingly so, in a few places I had to correct some basics in the questions I was being asked, and when I did so the interviewer became incredibly aggressive an almost attacked my basic assertions (I've since re-checked my answers online and they're definitely correct).

Interview Questions

• Very basic maths questions, and simple 'Dummies Guide' style programming questions.   Answer Question

I accepted a role elsewhere.

The interviewer's aggression was unwelcome, and his lack of understanding of development fundamentals alarmed me. His aggressive insistence that he was correct even when provably wrong seemed like a nightmare waiting to happen, clearly a very green manager with very little actual experience in software.

The premises are also incredibly basic, in a tiny commercial estate miles from anywhere/anything, the recruiter had told me it was a cutting edge high-tech company, and in reality it's more of a back-street software house.

These two factors combined put me off completely. I liked the idea of a short commute, but ultimately decided I'd be happier commuting into London.

Software Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knaphill, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CNL Software (Knaphill, England (UK)).

Interview

Senior level interview looks like junior level and don't have any usual checks etc.

Interview Questions

• There was basic math questions which was difficult to don't answer.   Answer Question