Cover image for CNN

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

CNN Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 332 of over 332 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at CNN

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CNN (Atlanta, GA)

Interview

Basic questions no details. Little Company info provided. LaCie depth and current culture climate. Rather boring interviewer. Nice office and decor. Beautiful building. I did think the receptionist was nice and informed. Most seemed unhappy to be there

Interview Questions
  • How did you hear about us
    1 Answer

CNN

Application

I interviewed at CNN

Interview

My manager asked me about my portfolio work, English proficiency and how much do I know about the company. The questions are pretty standard. It will be a bonus if you can speak multiple languages.

Interview Questions
  • - What're your strengths and weaknesses? - How much do you know about CNN? - Tell us more about your design work
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about CNN

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about CNN? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with CNN employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

CNN

Application

I interviewed at CNN

Interview

Online - standard interview questions, could do on my own time, took longer than I expected and was just writing long answer questions, all to do with journalism and CNN

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CNN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CNN in Jan 2023

Interview

Interview process involves many stages but all quite typical questions that you would expect- a good amount of time to plan and write on written assessment (I went over the recommended as it was untimed) but only two minutes to prep and one minute to speak for video questions which were more difficult

Interview Questions
  • What recent CNN content have you consumed that was compelling?

CNN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CNN

Interview

The interview process entailed a HireVue Interview and two calls with research analysts part of the team—mainly behavioral and a few case study questions. Both research analysts that interviewed were very kind and professional.

Interview Questions
  • Outlook on how journalistic media will transform in the next five years?

CNN

Application

I interviewed at CNN

Interview

I haven't heard back yet about a second round, but they are laying off right now. Anyways, they make you do a Hire Vue, which is just inhuman. I thought only consulting and finance did that, but they're corporate like that. Basically, you are recorded giving answers to questions like Why CNN? What experiences do you bring to the table? What kind of diversity makes you stand out? You get to retry answers, but that's a curse. Don't do it. I hate this format.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

CNN

Application

I interviewed at CNN

Interview

First it was a talk with recruiter, then it's a 45 minute interview with the hiring manager talking about your past experiences and qualifications. After that it's a technical interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CNN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CNN in Dec 2022

Interview

Overall it was a good experience. HireVue was easy to use. I thought it will be a video interview but it was a written one. You have to answer 9 questions with no time limit. There were no hard questions - just general ones about you and your experience

Interview Questions
  • Why CNN and why this position specifically?
  • List your 3 strongest attributes that would make you an ideal candidate for this role & include examples of when you have used these strengths

CNN

Application

I interviewed at CNN

Interview

Standard questions about qualifications and why I wanted the role, some specific questions about the show, so I recommend preparing this ahead of time. Otherwise, it was a very easy process. First, there was an online interview through HireVue, and then I met with a Senior Producer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CNN

Application

I interviewed at CNN

Interview

Virtual interview on hirevue for first round, then move on to assistants. You get an email inviting you to complete the virtual interview. If you move forward, the recruiter or someone from the department will email you directly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 332 Interviews

CNN Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at CNN as 66.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.91 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Internship and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Associate Producer and Production Assistant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at CNN takes an average of 39 days when considering 345 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Intern had the quickest hiring process (on average 33 days), whereas Producer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 72 days).

Common stages of the interview process at CNN according to 345 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 32.38%