CNN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CNN (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by HR about 10 days after applying. First interview was with a recruiter over the phone, who was very nice and professional. Seemed at this stage, they were simply assessing whether you had the necessary skills to do the job. The second round of interviews took place several weeks after with the hiring manager via a video conference. At this point, they're looking more so at how you fit within their specific team. Turns out they went with a more experienced candidate (as there were many well-qualified applicants). My best advice would be that if you do get a second interview, just relax, be confident in what you have to offer and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why are you interested in this team?   1 Answer

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CNN (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

It is done online and you answer questions with more than one person on the telephone. I had four interview on the telephone. Alot of this was done online via internet. I dont know what else to say. Online, telephone.

Social Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CNN (Atlanta, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

I had some good time talking with the HR rep for a bit over an hour. Was kinda formal and boring but the group interview was the one that made me refuse their offer. The people were average and even tho the company culture and all the rush was intriguing, I decided not take the offer.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to be 5 years or 10 years from now?   1 Answer

Narrow minded people. To afraid to be bold and express themselves. I could picture myself getting as comfortable and totally less creative and dull.

Staff Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CNN (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Everyone was interesting and nice, seemed genuinely excited to work there. I met with multiple people and learned how reporters pitch stories, how they decide what to work on, and what stories to emphasize. They also had a great graphics team that they worked with outside the company which did a really good job with animations etc.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a few story ideas I would pitch if i started there today   Answer Question

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CNN (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, did a video interview, asked to come into to interview. Employees were nice and proper when it came to interviewing me. Interview lasted about one hour.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CNN (Atlanta, GA) in August 2009.

Interview

In-person interview was two hours altogether. The first hour was spent taking a pen-and-paper skills test, covering HTML and CSS (e.g. what's wrong with this stylesheet?), Perl (e.g. write a few lines of code to open a file and read some lines), XML/XSLT (e.g. write some really basic XSL template), JavaScript (e.g. miscellaneous short answers), and very light Java (e.g. what's the difference between String and StringBuffer?). Second hour was two face to face interviews, one with the manager and the second with a senior developer. Pretty generic stuff... what's the most difficult challenge you've ever faced, how do you work in a team environment, etc.

Interview Questions

• Write an XSLT template that will read in a given block of XML data and display portions of it. Required you to understand recursion.   1 Answer

Assignment Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CNN (Atlanta, GA) in November 2009.

Interview

I had a phone interview at the beginning. Then I flew in to Atlanta to meet the Assignments Manager and had an interview with him and the VP of programming and content. The interview was in a very informal environment.

Interview Questions

• What would I have done to react to braking news that were happening at the time of the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty standard. I was offered some money and I came back asking for 5K more and they accepted.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CNN (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a video interview, long process, and 3 rounds. After that you speak to the head or heads of the department where they figure out if you really are a fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about a news story that currently interests you.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CNN (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for 3 different internships - in broadcast and digital. I got an email around 10 days later to record interview answers using my laptop camera and their software. I phone interviewed with 2 teams, was asked to come in for a 1:1 for the digital team, then had a second phone interview with the anchor for the broadcast team. I got the broadcast internship.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CNN.

Interview

The process took a while for me. I had applied in September and I didn't hear back until December. There's a two-part process to the interview. First, you do a video interview where you answer and record your answers to 20 questions. Then, you'll be contacted by the department in two to three weeks. Every department is different, and they're busy, so it's important to remember that and be patient. The head of the department that you're interested in will contact you and ask you more specific job-related questions. I heard back within two weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• If you could pitch an idea for a story right now, what would it be and why?   Answer Question