CNN Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 282 of over 282 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at CNN

CNN

Application

I interviewed at CNN

Interview

First is the video recording, then if you are selected, you will be moved forward to the phone call. It was quite casual. They ask many questions about yourself, your experiences, and your career goal.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your past experiences.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CNN (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

My experience was three phone calls then a zoom. It seemed like they needed someone by the end of September, but during the process, they had a lack of communication in notifying their applicants.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about CNN

Join the conversation on

Coronavirus Work-life

1y

works at

EY

What's the 240000 deaths CNN talking about.

61 Comments

Join the conversation on

CNN

Application

I interviewed at CNN

Interview

It was calm, the recruiters were mainly editors or people working as journalists. Mainly they ask about what was happening in the world in terms of politics, society, etc. but in general they were okay.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CNN

Application

I interviewed at CNN

Interview

Video screening interview followed by two in person interviews with team members. Questions on your goals and the way you work. They give you time at the end for your questions. Come prepared with questions for them.

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through how you would coordinate a meeting or event? How do you keep yourself organized?

CNN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CNN

Interview

First was a video interview on HireVue followed by a phone interview with a senior producer. Several video-recorded questions, and a couple of written prompts on HireVue. If selected, will receive direct communication from team for phone interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CNN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at CNN

Interview

First was sent a link to do a recorded interview in which I answered situational questions. Then was offered an in person interview but did a video call interview due to scheduling conflicts at my job at the time.

Interview Questions
  • I honestly don't remember. It was more conversational for the video call.

CNN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CNN in Jul 2021

Interview

It's a video interview with prompts. You have 30 seconds to read and think about a question and 2 minutes to respond to it. You're allowed 2 retries total for your taped responses. You can practice it beforehand with sample questions, but they won't be in the actual interview.

Interview Questions
  • Name 5 supreme court justices. How did you adapt to virtual life and reporting through pandemic? Lessons you learned from stories.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CNN (New York, NY) in Jul 2021

Interview

The first call was with a recruiter, a technical round with an algorithm challenge, then a 4+ hour round ranging from VP of engineering, culture check, and team members of the team I was interviewing for (there was another algorithm challenge during one of those calls).

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through how you would diagnose an ECS container that is in an error state.

CNN

Application

I interviewed at CNN

Interview

The interview was an online video recording. They gave little information on how to prepare and felt like talking to the air. You get two chances to record an answer to each question.

Interview Questions
  • Various questions related to current news and current events. Study up.

CNN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CNN

Interview

I applied for this role in February 2021. The initial application was pretty long, with at least 6 2,000 word questions as well as the traditional 'why do you want to work here' forms. I sent off the application and forgot about it. Then I get an email asking me to complete a video series in late May. I do prep for potential questions and then complete the video interview. The system there is straightforward as it gives you a minute to prepare your answer then 3 mins (I think) to respond. It was enormously intimidating but there are some prep questions to warm you up. It then says that it will likely be a month before someone gets back to you. I get a call in the last week of May - just a few days after I completed the video series, inviting me to a video interview with two hiring managers. I also get two tasks to complete over the bank holiday weekend. The tasks were relatively simple and didn't necessarily need the two days I was given before the interview. I attended the interview and both managers were really nice and very professional. It's now been two weeks and a chasing email with no information so I assume that I haven't got the role! Overall, I would say that aside from the frustration that no-one let me down properly, it was a simple and - presumably - effective process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 282 Interviews