COLSA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at COLSA

2.3

Technical Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Walton Beach, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at COLSA (Fort Walton Beach, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed and low pressure. There were three interviewers all with different questions and styles but all very easy to respond to. I felt very comfortable even though this was my first interview in over 20 years.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at COLSA (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

After I applied online, I was emailed on a Tuesday for an interview on Thursday. I came in and had what seemed like a great interview. They said they were going to do a cursory check on my clearance and get back with me in a couple business days. I was even given a tentative start date of March 16th. I never heard from anyone again. I'd never had that happen before.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any reservations about deploying overseas?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at COLSA (Edgewood, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview itself was fine. Three people asked mostly technical questions in a conference room. It was a fairly comfortable setting. However, after the interview and offer this company was a disaster. The position required an interim clearance, and when it didn't go through, the job offer was rescinded. I asked if I might still have the job if/when my clearance did go through completely, and the only answer I ever got was "I'm not sure". Later, emails went unanswered but the clearance check continued! It's been months later now, I have another job (that I'm very happy with), and still no final word from anyone at COLSA. I don't think it's very nice to leave someone's life hanging like that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't say you will accept or be happy with the minimum range of the offer, or that's what you'll get.

Language Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at COLSA (Tampa, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

You apply online and if you have the credentials, the team lead will call you to set up a phone interview. The phone interview is approximately 30-45 minutes and they ask you about your experience in the field and test you orally in the language. If you pass this step, they send you a couple of online exams to complete. One is reading comprehension and the other is writing. If you pass this, you will get the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in analyzing media in the language?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst/Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at COLSA (Huntsville, AL) in October 2008.

Interview

The interview process was extremely easy and the employees were extremely friendly. The company is like a second family. They will do anything they can to get you the training you need. The pay is pretty good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary. Just be honest and upfront, the company really respects honesty and family.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at COLSA.

Interview

Interview was professional and organized. I dealt with the contract manager, and talked with the contact team lead. Casually professional and easy going

IT Warehouse Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edgewood, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at COLSA (Edgewood, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email by a recruiter who found me on clearancejobs.com. I responded to express my interest and had an invitation to apply, which I did, via the company website that same day. By the next day I was invited to schedule either an in-person or telephonic interview; due to personal/work circumstances, I opted for the telephone.

The interview itself was a panel type but less rigid, more conversational than others I've had. The questions themselves were for the mos part your basic interview questions and were overall easy to answer with some preparation/previous experience.

Interview Questions

• What has been one of the greatest challenges you've had to overcome?   Answer Question