CSC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

CSC Interview Questions

Interviews at CSC

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Customer Service Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Sacramento, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very extensive. I had a total of 4 interviews. Over the course of roughly 3 and a half weeks. The initial interview was a phone interview with the recruitment officer directly from the company. I then had an in person interview with the manager I’d be reporting to, followed by a 20 minute shadowing of an employee who was in the role that I’d be working in. After that I was called a few days later and asked to schedule a final round phone interview in which I’d be talking separately to two different division leaders for 30 minutes each. After that I had to wait about another week for them to finish interviewing all other candidates that had made it to the 3rd round. In the end I was offered the position after about 4 weeks of waiting and interviewing combined. It was little nerve wrecking. I’ve never had to wait that long or be interviewed that many times by any other company I’d worked for in the past. But it was well worth it.

Interview Questions

• They asked many situational and behavioral questions. One was “If your former supervisor was on the phone with us, what would they say your top 3 strengths are and your one weakness?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Chicago, IL) in January 2008.

Interview

Wen't through a series of phone interviews. First with the company recruiter, then with a series of parters within my practice. After about four interviews, I was invited into the office to speak face to face with a few more people, ranging from senior consultants up to senior partners. There were no case studies, only specific questions regarding my field. Overall, a pretty painless and straight forward process.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a better candidate than someone else with similar credentials?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CSC (Wilmington, DE) in April 2015.

Interview

There were 2 interviewers in each group and I was interviewed 4 times in that one day. In general, they asked my about my background, what experience I had and about what I knew. Since I applied for a software engineering position, I was asked coding questions. It was a very welcome but nervous interview! I am glad I got the job, very great place to work!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about OOP. Describe polymorphism, abstract...   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CSC in July 2015.

Interview

15 minute phone interview with an HR representative to see if you fulfill the basic programming requirements and series of questions about your current pay and salary requirements.
    Two person interview with a manager and another software engineer.

Interview Questions

I've never had an interview that was so heavily focused on pay requirements before. The HR representative had to ask me over and over what my current pay was. I kept trying to say that this is a professional software position and I'm sure your the pay range from the software manager will be perfectly fine whatever it is. I really didn't know what a good pay range would be for the city that I applied in. She still insisted I give her some type of pay range requirement...
    Even the online application for this company requires you put in your salary requirement. Before applying to this company, ask yourself if you really want to work for a place that only cares about the bare minimum they can pay you to keep you.
    CSC - hire some interns if you're that strapped for cash.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSC.

Interview

Phone interview, then on-site interview with manager, short computer proficiency test, questions with potential colleagues, and interview with a manager in headquarters. Came back for a second interview with another manager at the headquarters.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Wilmington, DE) in February 2012.

Interview

Brutal. I interviewed with 15 people. Some of the people interviewing me were also going for the job I was applying for. The managers were very pleasant in the interview (I should have known not to trust them).

Managers asked me lots of questions about how I worked and did I feel loyalty to the company I worked for. They also asked me if I had thought about doing anything illegal. I'm not sure that's ok to ask that in an interview.

I interviewed with some of the people already working on the team. They didn't really ask me questions about the job. I got the impression that they didn't want to go against anything the managers asked. I did get a chance to talk to a nice woman in HR. She smiled a lot and asked me about team work. I don't think she listened to my answers.

Interview Questions

• How I typically overcome difficulties in finishing my work.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSC in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then was e-mailed immediately by HR to set up a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and was scheduled for an in person interview within a few days. Interviewed with a sales manager, then sat in on a few calls with one of the sales reps, followed by another interview with two other people.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Wilmington, DE) in February 2018.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR. Met with a few different teams. Very casual, mostly just conversational. Nothing technical at all. Mostly just seeing if you would be able to fit in with the team that you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. What do I do outside of classes? etc.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Wilmington, DE) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, then had a phone interview, and then a skype interview (because I couldn't meet in person). The skype interview was frustrating, because of technical issues and interview schedules. It seemed poorly scheduled, because it started 30 minutes late and took longer than it was scheduled to last.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had problems in a group, and how did you handle them?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CSC (Dallas, TX) in April 2009.

Interview

CSC is a bit rigid in its process. However, there are many silos with many processess. The key is to get sponsorships from the right people in the company.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Wilmington, DE) in January 2019.

Interview

Ultimately this company says they are one thing when they are another. They talk team culture. The truth is the management team is odd and stiff. They lean towards only hiring youth and while I'm not young, I'm not old. Think late 30's. But research shown this company has been sued (successfully) in other states outside of Delaware (Florida?) for age discrimination. They really do show effort in building a great culture but the management of this company is rigid to the point of insensitive.

HR screener phone call lines up your skill set. Send the assessment test to complete. Second interview with 3 team members, one would be direct manager. Third on site. Three more managers. You also sit in next to someone to get a feel for the role and they judge you. Last interview they bring in a heavy hitter who insults you with no tough questions but doesn't like the same answers you already gave others who loved them. Then HR calls you after a month of interviews and 12 employees to tell you that you are overqualified. Overqualified comes after one interview, not four. It doesn't take a genius to know that was a lie. Whatever the truth is, only they know. Reading between the lines, it seemed when I was on site, everyone was under thirty in the department. Be advised, this company also pushed out a friend, and others have similar stories.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • More behavioral questions.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • How does your background line up with this role?   1 Answer
    • Would be manager went over every question of the assessment test and asked how I came to each answer.   1 Answer