CSC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CSC Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CSC (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

CSC is very thorough with their interviewing process. After a phone interview, I had my in-person interview with the two managers, one supervisors, and spoke with one of the part-timer team members about the daily functions. Everyone was very friendly and professional. I appreciate that they put this much effort in their interviewing process to ensure that they hire the most reliable and fitted candidates.

Trust Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CSC.

Interview

I received an email requesting to conduct a phone interview. After giving the recruiter a few times when I was free, she decided to pick 9am... didn't call me till 9:40. Told me she was sure she had said 9:30 even though she wrote 9am in the email and I even wrote back 9am to confirm. Made it seem like it was my fault. She then conducted a very disorganized half a**ed interview where she literally asked me 4 different questions at the same time. Made it evident she just wanted to get through the interview as fast as possible. She then proceeded to cut me off and ramble about the company. All in all the whole experience turned me off to the company, mainly cause the recruiter couldn't get her act together.

Interview Questions

• Why did you study finance? Why CSC?, go over your resume, Why Trust Operations?, (Asked all of those essentially in the same sentence)   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CSC (Wilmington, DE) in March 2017.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter who did an interview over the phone. During the interview based on my previous experience she said I would be a better fit for a different position, which I thought was a good sign that they were trying to find the best fit for applicants. I then was sent two online assessments to complete and was scheduled for an interview that Friday at 330P. The time of the interview on a Friday felt weird and in the end the two face to face interviews that day did end up feeling awkward. They interviewers seemed not very interested in the task at hand and they asked the same questions that were asked during the phone interview which was a first for me. It felt odd, why bring me in to do the same thing the phone interview did? The way it ended I already knew I would not be offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, what is your weakness, strength, how did you handle a angry customer, tell us a time you went above and beyond.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I have applied online and I got an email about the phone interview. I got the call after 2 weeks and the interview took place for 10 min. Interview is mostly based on communication skills.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CSC in January 2017.

Interview

Screening call and discussed my education and work history
    Discussed possible positions that may be a good fit
    In-Person interview with shadowing of a current employee. Offer was laid out a few days later.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (New York, NY).

Interview

Took two weeks. I received an offer to interview from a recruiter, followed with phone interview. I was offered an in person interview where I had an in person interview with management, job shadow, skype interview with a team leader, and in person interview. Finally had an interview over the phone and an offer.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Wilmington, DE) in November 2016.

Interview

A colleague on LinkedIn notified me about a local CSC Hiring event, where I had the chance to meet some wonderful people. Hence the interview process may be slightly different for me, than it is for people applying online.
    Overall the process was as follows:
    1. Registered via LinkedIn, a week before the CSC hiring event.
    2. HR called up for a phone screen 2 days later.
    3. a) At the event, spoke briefly with HR at the check-in desk who directed me to a room where other Team Lead candidates were waiting. Here we had a chance to interact with a Director from the Customer Service team, who shared some valuable insights into the company, and expectations for team-lead positions (irrespective of line of business).
    3. b) Next, I was interviewed by a panel of 2 managers, from 2 different teams, as both had openings in the team. Being a lead position, they ran over my resume and also asked situation-based behavioral questions to assess my leadership skills and ability to work under pressure.
    4. HR called up a week later to setup a second-round of interview for the opening with one of the managers I spoke earlier. It was close to Thanksgiving, so the interview was scheduled after 10-days, to accommodate both our schedules.
    5. On the day of the interview, I met with 3 more people to discuss the role. One of the Directors gave me honest feedback, that although my profile seemed a great fit, the role was not very technical as it seemed, and would not be very satisfying to me in the long-term (I come from a software background and I agreed based on the details received about the role) However, I do appreciate the positive vibes of the interviews.
    6. HR emailed within a week to inform that there were going ahead with a different candidate. (which I was expecting anyway!)

Overall, the entire process was extremely well-organized and I really enjoyed talking to all the fantastic employees at CSC. If you are looking for a place that really values its employees, then this seems the best place to work!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CSC (Sacramento, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process is way to drawn out for an entry level position. The feedback from the interview is next to none. The company would do itself a lot good by have recruiters in other parts of the country if they plan to do business in different states. The communication just wasn't there, and you receive different information depending on who you talk to, for a company that been around as long as they have, it feels like you are interviewing for a start up company during the process.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions ..Best and worst qualities , how did you resolve a problem with a angry customer nothing really challenging which is good I guess.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CSC (Wilmington, DE) in September 2016.

Interview

The process was thorough. I had a pre screen phone interview with a CSC recruiter and then a phone interview with some of my potential peers so I could ask them questions. Then my immediate boss had a phone interview and a week following, the VP of the division as well. A month following I had an in person interview in the Wilmington office with 6 different people at different time slots during the day. The process was great as it gave me the opportunity to get to know them and them to know me. They were very concerned with not just filling a position but making sure the right person was in it.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CSC (Wilmington, DE) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone and in-person interview. Met with various team leaders. I reread the job description carefully to have a solid understanding of their needs. I was asked questions about my teamwork skills, my interpersonal relations, management style and my ability to work in a diverse environment.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be your greatest weakness?   1 Answer