CSC Reviews

Updated Sep 10, 2020

3.6
CSC President & CEO Rodman Ward III
Rodman Ward III
Pros
  • "CSC gives you the flexibility you need to have a great work life balance(in 38 reviews)

• "Strong culture and understanding of needs outside the office make this a great place to work(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay and little opportunity for advancement(in 9 reviews)

• "Need to be able to be flexible with a growing company - growing pains(in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review
    COVID-19

"A great place to work in Wilmington DE."

Current Employee - Analyst in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at CSC full-time for more than a year

Pros

CSC has lots of opportunities for people with different backgrounds and skills. The company has several business units which do different things so you may be working in the exciting world of processing legal documents or possibly working to help companies protect their brand by finding counterfeit goods online. Are you just starting your career? - CSC has something that will help you build your resume (maybe something in inside sales or customer service). Are you farther along in your career? CSC is growing and needs people with more established skills to help grow and maintain the business. The work/home balance is excellent and depending on your role many employees work from home either full time or part time. I've had several training opportunities to get professional certifications which aligned with my roles. The people I work with are smart. The HQ building is nice and the collaboration technologies in the conference rooms are good for team meetings. I think the company operates in a more interesting space than banking or healthcare like the other large employers in the area.

Cons

I don't use the CSC medical benefits because they are more expensive than coverage through my wife's employer. I think the onsite food options aren't the best and selection is limited - plus the HQ building is just far enough outside the city to make it hard to run out for lunch if you are limited in time. There is no issue with parking - I have never seen the garage full. There can be a lot of meetings depending on your role and department - getting a conference room can be a challenge (this could change as more people opt to work from home post-COVID-19).

Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate you calling out the unique and challenging work as well as that there is a place for everyone here - no matter where you are in your career.

2. "Hands down an amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Enforcement Analyst in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at CSC full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started working at CSC as an Enforcement Analyst in May. I can honestly say that I love my job and the people I work with! Working in Digital Brand Services is such a cool little niche market. It’s something I never would have seen myself doing, but I enjoy it so much. Management is great! They always push you to do your best and they are so supportive. They always ask for critiques and how they can improve which is very much appreciated. They really do care about work life balance. CSC is a great place to work that genuinely cares about your success and your personal happiness.

Cons

None I can think of... so far so good!

Human Resources

We're so glad you've been enjoying your time with CSC! We appreciate you sharing your experience.

3. "I was more excited when I first started"

2.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at CSC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good PTO allowance. Holiday parties/events. Somewhat decent benefits. Occasional opportunities for overtime. Remote work capabilities during COVID and highly supported technology-wise to work from home. Work/life balance decent. Cafeteria and gym at physical location.

Cons

Once training is done you are expected to do WAY more than what any job description or interview will let on. We aren’t fairly compensated for the amount of work we are required to do. Most of the clients you’ll work with are entitled, expect you to know everything about THEIR business, want you to make decisions for them, will use you and then not pay invoices or try to dispute them, are clueless about many aspects of their own businesses, and everyone expects you to drop what you are doing to put their needs first. It’s actually incredible the amount of clients that know nothing about their own businesses and business needs. You WILL be asked to handle tasks outside of your job description on a regular basis and be told it’s expected of you as a “team member”. You will be asked to take on the workload of multiple people on a regular basis. Rarely will they pay you for the amount of work you are asked to do. You are expected to suck it up because we are a “team”. Mostly everyone is over worked and constantly stressed. People that perform well constantly get asked to do more. While people that perform awfully stay with the company way longer than they should and cause excess work for others. Any customer-facing roles are especially hard because you have to explain mistakes made by other people in other departments as well. You will take the blame for mistakes not even caused by you. With all of the moving parts, there is plenty of room for miscommunication and mistakes/oversights.

4. "Great Work culture"

4.0
    Current Employee - Training

I have been working at CSC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love the work culture at CSC , we have close knit teams with peers who are always ready to assist and an engaged management team !There is no dearth of opportunities for someone like myself who likes to enhance my knowledge and experience while exploring new challenges .The core values that CSC believes in and advocates is what attracted me to apply for a role here and I have not been disappointed , the fact that CSC have been voted the best employer in Delaware for a few years in a row is a testament to that .

Cons

This isn’t necessarily a con , but in order to meet the changing business and client needs we are constantly engaged in updates to customer facing systems.

Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! CSC is definitely a great place for self-starters who want to expand their knowledge and it sounds like you are up for the challenge! Please let us know if there's anything we can do get you to a 5-star experience!

"Great work environment and people"

Current Employee - Global Change Management Specialist in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at CSC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

CSC has a supportive and caring work environment. There is always a feeling that the people come first. They also put a lot of time into developing people once they have been hired. Finally, they listen to employee feedback and are always striving to be better.

Cons

While there are pay increases every year, if you get promoted internally you might not get a pay increase, or if you do, you might not be eligible for the regular raise.

6. "Welcoming and Professional"

Current Employee - Client Service Partner

I have been working at CSC full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked in this industry for almost 15 years and can honestly say that one of CSC's top priorities is not only surrounding employees with a professional environment but also genuinely care about their overall well-being. They welcome new ideas and are always willing to change for the better. CSC has been in business for more than 120 years and it is easy to see why that is!

Cons

Luckily, I am unable to think of something negative to add.

7. "Great Company with Values"

Current Employee - Billing Specialist

I have been working at CSC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Sense of teamwork, charitable donation matching, PTO increases with tenure, modern office settings, job stability, decent medical/dental/vision insurance, company has long-term focus

Cons

Less-than-average salaries, unclear career growth potential, typical office politics/bureaucracy, generally understaffed

8. "Working at CSC"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Springfield, IL

I have been working at CSC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun company to work for. Great environment in the office. Everyone is friendly and always willing to help if you need anything. Benefits are great. Room to move up within the company.

Cons

I haven't had a bad experience with the company. From what I have seen, if you ever have a problem with anything, they are more than willing to help resolve it.

9. "Absolutely Love It"

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at CSC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Teamwork, teamwork, teamwork! CSC lives up to their values here, for sure. My team always has my back covered; in fact I have been reminded from time to time to split larger projects up because the team is there to help. This attitude permeates the whole company culture, too. Outside of my department, everyone who I have worked with has friendly and hardworking and more than willing to pull their own weight. They truly care about you here at CSC, as well. There are plenty of benefits and management is always doing their best to support you whenever possible.

Cons

The pay could be better, but really this is about the only con when I love going into work every day.

Human Resources

Thank you for sharing! We love to hear stories about our collaborative team environment. We're proud to be a place where smart and caring people work together to get stuff done.

10. "Good company, doesn’t pay well"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at CSC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, good communication, growth opportunities

Cons

Underpaid, you will he asked to do tasks that are outside of your job description and not get paid for it

Found 374 reviews