KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 466 of over 499 reviews

3.5
CSC President & CEO Rodman Ward III
Rodman Ward III
Pros
  • "good team good location enjoyed the work life balance(in 48 reviews)

• "CSC is a great place to work that genuinely cares about your success and your personal happiness(in 22 reviews)

• Cons
  • "pay/salaries are low pay unless you're in the "in-crowd"(in 13 reviews)

• "They struggle with work-life balance, many of the leaders of different departments seem to butt heads instead of working together(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about CSC

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CSC and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

Best kept secret in DE. This is an amazing place to work!

Jun 24, 2021 - Real Estate Sales in Wilmington, DE
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love the job, my boss is fantastic, and the culture is great. As my boss says, Its always a great day to sell here!

Cons

No downsides. They made some changes about a year and half ago in this department and maybe they should have done them sooner. The new sales leader knows what he's doing and really made this a great department.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Place to Work

Dec 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very Friendly co-workers. Celebrated birthdays.

Cons

Stressful. Has to me a quota each day which put a strain on my eyes.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 4.0

They're Pushing Us Back Into the Office

Sep 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE
      Business Outlook

Pros

My team is fantastic; the people I work with work hard and really care about their job and the company. The benefits are pretty good. They are also committed to doing better in terms of diversity and providing us information on marginalized groups and identities to help improve awareness and foster community, which I love.

Cons

No discussion with employees whether they wanted to return to the office and how/when. No option to work from home past set dates they give almost no warning for. So focused on the whole trying to sell everyone that we're a community without actually asking or trying to understand what the community wants or needs at this point in time. The way Office Resumption is being handled is honestly not okay and I am seriously considering leaving the company over it, despite how much I love and enjoy my team. The pay isn't perfect, either. Like most companies, people are underpaid and, in some positions, surely overworked. Employee comfort does not at all seem to be a factor to them.

4 people found this review helpful

CSC Response

Human Resources

Hi, thank you for your kind words about your team. It's the people of CSC who make the difference every day to our customers and the people at CSC are why we lead in the industries we serve! Throughout the pandemic, CSC has put the health and safety of employees first. Please talk to your leader directly about office resumption. You are absolutely correct it is not okay to assume what people need. Conversations between you and your leader should be ongoing. You are also welcome to come to talk to us in HR at any time. This is a fixable situation and we do not want you to leave without more discussion.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Bait and Switch

Nov 5, 2021 - CSA - Customer Service Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really did like the culture, the manner I was treated by my temporary Manager. I was under the impression I would be working in Customer Service.

Cons

I specified liking a diversity in job duties, the ability to get up move around, not tied to a desk. The position was really backend processes. The system I was initially "trained on" was archaic. Training was horrible. I received my equipment at home, set it up myself. The new trainees spent less than two hours on a conference call to get familiar with signing on to the multiple systems. Then, it was basically sink or swim. Long videos on line, and lots of reading without interaction or hands on learning. I left after 2 weeks of being very frustrated. I believe this company could be awesome to work for. Too, I know COVID has affected their training. But, I don't feel like they listened to what I wanted to do and assigned me to a process that they must have a huge back log. It was sad. I literally watched a training video where one of the new hires fell asleep at her desk.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A strange mixture of capable and incapable

Oct 20, 2021 - Systems Engineer in Wilmington, DE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule/hours, work from home capability, excellent capacity for horizontal mobility within the organization.

Cons

Severe lack of technical leadership at the senior management level. Specific business lines run in a well organized and technically capable fashion, correctly aligning themselves with futureproof concepts, but the larger IT infrastructure operates light years behind and is always struggling to catch up. There is often a strong push from the core IT infrastructure teams to maintain the status quo, with any sort of change or forward momentum being viewed with derision and disdain. Extremely basic tasks are often deemed "difficult." Additionally, there is a heavy reliance on offshore resources that act as a Tier 2 for various technical teams, and the quality of service there can be summarized as "dismal" since little to no effort is spent on actually creating a capable workforce within that space Unfortunately, as things are now, Tier 2 is effectively an elephant graveyard for progress and collaboration, largely represented by a staff with poor communication skills and little ability to execute beyond basic instructions they're provided. At best, they are a gatekeeping mechanism to protect higher level resources from having to commit to any real work. There is also no QA for incidents, requests, and other ticketed items, so a disproportionate amount of time is spent by higher level resources trying to translate completely thoughtless requests into some semblance of meaning.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not my top choice

Jan 11, 2022 - Customer Service Associate in Springfield, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pto and holiday time were great. My department was difficult to request off.

Cons

Pay was horrible. Manager didn’t allow for advancement training due to my pregnancy. On exit interview HR rep was mortified and asked if I was seeking legal counsel. Health insurance is super expensive.

CSC Response

Human Resources

The contents of this feedback are serious and concerning. The claims in this statement do not align with our culture. It is also counter to CSC’s values and culture of inclusivity. Based on the limited information in this post, we spoke to our HR partners and the leaders in Springfield. We also looked at the exit interview responses from people who have left CSC in Springfield. The exit interview feedback is positive. We found no evidence of the conversation mentioned in this review.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Love the company, really need to work on the salaries

Nov 12, 2021 - Corporate Trainer in Madison, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive!! So welcoming and inclusive Supportive team members and leaders Great office perks (if have to be in office) Forward-thinking company (and constantly growing and achieving) Great CEO Just a great company, with cons that can be easily fixed and would make people stay here for the long run

Cons

Lower salary than competition - reason for higher than average turnaround Low flexibility in remote working Communication and visibility between higher leadership and standard employees is cut off, and decisions are made exclusively by leadership with little regard to employees

8. 3.0
      Current Employee

So much more could be done to retain employees

Dec 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
      Business Outlook

Pros

-opportunities to give back -autonomy on the job -opportunities to learn and grow

Cons

-low pay -promotions don't result in salary increases -management believes benefits are great when in reality they're not on par with their competition.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 3.0

Keep your side hustle!!

Dec 4, 2021 - Anonymous
      Business Outlook

Pros

All of the equipment needed to work from home is provided. Generous PTO.

Cons

There is a lack of visibility with senior leadership and other employees The training does not translate into the job itself so it feels as though there was a lot of time wasted The pay is very low compared to market and considering the workload

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0

Sacramento Office

Jun 30, 2021 - Customer Service in Sacramento, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

PTO policy is great! The employees in the office is what makes it a great place to work. Onsite free gym and cafe. Leaders/Coaches/Workflows over the past few years have been a lot better but they have left or are leaving.

Cons

With COVID the staff went down to about 10-15 people in office. Not sure if everyone will be coming back. Zero room for growth or advancement unless you want to move into a CSR role or transfer to another location (Wilmington). Pay is horrible. There is a joke that we are a training location because you come and learn a role for a year and can leave and do less work and make more. Most people stay because they are too comfortable and are too invested with stocks/retirement to go anywhere. The tenure gap here is huge because most people do not stay longer than 3-5 years. Reviews and annual increases often to not even match the cost of living increase.

5 people found this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 466 Reviews
    </>Embed

CSC Reviews FAQs

CSC has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 499 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at CSC to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CSC employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CSC. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.

63% of CSC employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CSC 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CSC to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with CSC Job Seekers