CSC Reviews | Glassdoor

CSC President & CEO Rodman Ward III
Rodman Ward III

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The company has no any work life balance (in 5 reviews)

• They had some growing pains but everything they did to handle it was fair (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"CSC Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at CSC (More than 10 years)

Pros

The team environment is exceptional.There is a high degree of autonomy and micro-management is rare in this organization. People are recognized on the basis of their contributions and are given the room to grow and develop. Senior leaders are extremely accessible and approachable. Despite recent global growth, the organization stays true to its roots.

Cons

Very rapid pace, some situations are more ambiguous than others, but accepting of problem-solving and experimenting with solutions. Very tolerant of those who learn through mistakes.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay connected to the employees. Remain accessible and continue to communicate core values of the organization and how those values will remain important as we continue to grow.

Oct 17, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback - any team member who has been with CSC for over 10 years is of great value to our organization and to our customers. You really captured what we are aiming to provide to... More

2. "Excellence and Security"

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at CSC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CSC is a company that is rapidly expanding in a global economy and its service is absolutely business critical. The atmosphere of the company is great and there is an expectation of hard work.

Cons

The pay is mediocre and the work fairly monotonous.

3. "Unorganized"

Former Employee - Security in Bowling Green, OH
    Former Employee - Security in Bowling Green, OH

I worked at CSC part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice quick money to make for a day

Cons

Very unorganized and poor management

Advice to Management

Get better management and care about your employees and work

4. "We are the business behind business"

Current Employee - Global Brand Advisor in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Global Brand Advisor in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at CSC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co workers
    Flexible working arrangements
    Exposure to fortune 100 companies
    Culture of fostering growth and excellance

Cons

Some things can go at turtle pace.
    Perks may not be in line with other companies in the Silicon Valley

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.
    Set targets that are achievable.
    Continue to work on the strengths of employees.

Jul 17, 2017 – Human Resources

Thanks for the feedback! Especially glad to hear that you are enjoying the growth opportunities - that means a lot from someone who has been here 3+ years!

"All That Glitters Is Not Gold"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at CSC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New desks that provide the option to sit or stand while you work.

Cons

There is no job training. Managers are called "Team Leaders," but do not actually lead by example. Only a handful of CSC's teams are regarded as valuable; if you're not on that team, your opinion does not matter. The company spent millions of dollars on a rebranding effort hoping to change the way the world views CSC; however, our unsatisfactory and overpriced customer service has not improved at all. They built a shiny new headquarters with the intention of "bringing the CSC employees together," but only a fraction of the local employees were invited to work at (or even take a tour of) the new building. Computer technology is constantly breaking and needing emergency repairs during business hours. Outdated technology, unapproachable senior management, poor 401K matching, so many new rules that are never actually shared with the employees but we are expected to know them, company wastes money, poor planning (building a new headquarters to hold 750 employees but building a parking garage for only 640 vehicles). The company regularly asks for its employees' feedback, but this feedback is never acknowledged. They invite you to contact certain people directly with specific questions, but they will never respond to your inquiries. The same thing happens to the customers. We do not warn our customers about the high cost of our service; we always surprise them afterwards with an astronomically large bill that the customers almost always dispute.

Advice to Management

Be upfront with your customers. Tell them exactly what the service is that we are providing, and let them know what is expected of them in return. Give the customers an idea of how much and how often they can expect to pay CSC.

Stop basing salary on gender. This is an outdated practice that is putting CSC behind the times.

Provide more courtesies/amenities to employees like other companies in the field do. Our competitors offer their employees free food in the break rooms all day, child care (either on site or paid for off site), generous/unlimited PTO (based on the honor system), and better 401K matching.

If you are going to spend money building a beautiful new HQ that encourages "collaborative thinking," at least allow the employees to think collaboratively. The dozens of new workspaces, "train car rooms," etc. are completely useless to most employees. Most of us do not have laptops and therefore cannot work from a comfy couch in a lounge somewhere. You're really only rewarding the top management, not the lowly workers. Before you make any more "upgrades," consider who is really benefiting from it.

Jul 5, 2017 – Human Resources

We are disappointed that this is your depiction of and feedback on CSC, especially given your tenure with us. Being genuine and teamwork focused are two of our core values. Let's work together to... More

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in South Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Project Manager in South Wilmington, DE

I worked at CSC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great environment in this bank

Cons

driving too far for me

"A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at CSC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You'd think a company founded in 1899 would be mired in the past and you'd find employees tripping over each other, tangled in red tape. CSC is constantly evolving at a pace that would make start-ups shudder. Employees are hired for their talent and they are empowered to do what they do best which is what makes the company thrive. Open door policies, a culture that lives and breathes work-life balance, genuine teamwork and just great people to work with make this a place you enjoy waking up and coming to each day. It's hard not to get excited about great people doing great things together!

Cons

The pace might be a little too much for some. If you like dull, do the same thing over and over type roles or companies - this would not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Stay true to the roots, continue work-life balance and remember what got us where we are today and continue to never be complacent!

May 8, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for the balanced feedback! It's great to hear about the strength of our culture from our tenured employees like yourself.

"Good company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at CSC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers and nice work environment. Flexible. Company growing constantly.

Cons

Benefits are average. Few activities for team building.

May 1, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Please talk to your leader or a member of the HR team about different team building activities that you are interested in. We empower our employees to make changes that... More

"Terrible place to work"

Current Employee - Brand Research Analyst in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Brand Research Analyst in Madison, WI

I have been working at CSC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work life balance
    Employees besides any leadership.
    Office furniture is great and the lighting does not give you headaches too often.

Cons

If you speak up about anything you become an enemy to the leadership. They do not value your opinion. They claim they have a path to move up but none exists. They just keep adding work and new tasks to your work load. Salary sucks.

Advice to Management

Give more stock in what the people say that actually use the systems I stead of leaders who have no idea how they work. Start paying the people that actually deserves the money the ones that actually make you successful and not your middle management power hungry leaders that are more like dictators than leaders.

"Sacramento office"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sacramento, CA

I worked at CSC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CSC has a great knowledge base to assist with multi state filings

Cons

New management is horrible. Untrained, micromanaged on a daily. I wish it was different because I loved my team.

Advice to Management

Get rid on Cynthia, offer better salaries. Focus on training